1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to intellectual honesty?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Benito, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Sounds like you will be playing whack-a-mole for a while Feldon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I looked on OF and didn't see anything else from Benito directed towards me. What'd I miss?

3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Nothing. He's back on to his expert book theories.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  4. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Was referring to having to ban "new" accounts as they come up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Feldon

I wonder if there are any useful biblical quotes about Greed. Maybe in the Book of Mormon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

It is easier for a plat farmer to pass through the DPS gate of an encounter than it is for a forum dweller to get through the door of their mother's basement.

Paraphrased, of course.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Ya'll know, I've been watching this thread for a while now, and I somehow missed a bit of "Intellectual Honesty" from the OP...

Maybe I'm blind.

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

No, you saw it.*snickers* Its in the title but he didn't know it was addressed to him...

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Holy ****, I think the world might be about to end.

… I agreed with Siggy.

• Shocked x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Appreciation x 1
  10. Zorvan

Zorvan Member

Well, time to get a 19th med going!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Feldon

Sigrdrifa in 2010-2019 = EQ2's biggest forum guardian

Siggy in 2020 = So f*cking done

• Funny x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Shocked x 2
    • Optimistic x 1
  12. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

And she's getting more "done" daily. She sounds like me at this point.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

The thing about Bubble Gnomes is that by the time some of them turn, there is no salvaging anything, and they just haaaaaaate.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I think harvesting info might have been her straw :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Somebody asked in chat today where etherium came from and I named off 3 wrong places and then had to Google it. I've probably harvested 30k of them and it was the 1st expansion (PoM) I played when I started back. I still didn't remember. I'm too old, have done way too many psychotropics, and there's way too many harvests to try and remember them all.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I thought I knew my harvests pretty well after all these years but I still managed to file my stonehide pelts in the wrong tier box :(

• Like Like x 3
    • Shocked Shocked x 2
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

She's getting there.

Here's the thing that baffles me: what gameplay element presents tbe greatest threat to shop sales?

In-game sufficiency, especially self-sufficiency. - The previous weapon of choice of the bubble gnome to confront criticisms of shop-coercion.

She tried to hold out hope of the "you just have to put the work in" paradigm, but there is that pesky rng wall (which btw, has been liberally utilized since Kander became lead designer).

Now? Disbelief!!!!

Crafters represent sub money!

Lols.

They are truly absent a practical view of the situation.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 7
  18. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

It depends on your play style really and what you want to do. There are ways in the game to get the things to make you better without spending a dime. Just because some people have to be top of the line a week or 2 after the expansion comes out, so they spend money, does NOT make it p2w it makes it pay if you want 2 so you can show off to all of your friends. If I wanted to I could pay to upgrade alot of stuff but instead I work hard in game to get it. Sigdrifa has posted numerous times on how to optain things without paying. You guys just want to drive people away with your negativity and p2w garbage talk.

If this is intellectual honesty I want to be the opposite. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 8
  19. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

RNG as the primary source for character development is garbage.

• Agree Agree x 9
  20. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

My biggest problem with Siggy was always the open dishonesty and the cowardice. We can see you. We can read your post history. We can see what you are and are not saying and who you are and are not saying it to. You know that, right? Siggy played like she was ignoring me and stopped directly responding to me a long time ago, though. Must be my charm. /shrug.

• Shocked Shocked x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1