1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Raid News 2020-02-07

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Alarra, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

It seems as though they are going to change the zone format where you don't select the difficulty once you zone, but when you click on the zone door (like previous expacs).

Seems that they had some issues with it bugging out on certain names.

Raider’s Digest - 7 Feb 2020 | EverQuest 2 Forums

Also, seems as though the person who got Kander to speak also got Gninja to do some communication.
    I can only speculate that it is the Dreamweaver ;) effect.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

"Hey, let us change this thing!"

"...why?"

"For because we are highly competent and capable as proven by our recent track record over the last few years!"

"...uh, what?"

"The people love us, and this will only make them love us more!"

"Fine. You've been watching Evita again, haven't you?" mutters, "I'm not starving anyone this time."

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

More likely it's the effect of Longdale looking at Spreadsheet values moving in a bad direction.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

This could be part of their strategy to bring previous players back, because a common complaint was the dev team ignoring feedback and not communicating well. Especially for the people who left when Smokejumper was in charge.

Clearly something happened behind the scenes, whatever it was I think it's a good change. The dev team should be working with the community. This is something Blizzard does exceptionally well and I think it's a big reason why Blizzard has been so successful in the past.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

As i pointed out in the other thread Gninja is the only Dev in BoL that has an "open" Dialogue with Player from day one of the expansion.
    He listens and more importantly he explains what and why stuff doesn't work including fixes and also his thought process for fixes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Humility. Have to say I am impressed with Gninja's post.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Totally agree. That might be the first time I saw an eq2 dev own-up.

/tips hat to Gninja

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

He came last night into the Discord Raidchat telling there aren't any patches and took the heat for it. But more importantly he said he needed time to test Raidcontent for sometime before patching Raidmobs.

This is so contrary to what have seen this expansion by just fixing, patching and breaking stuff....

• Like Like x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1