1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Stats all classes should have in Luclin

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Sweatypie, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

This guide needs a lookover since we now have Challenge modes unlocked and I honestly cba to update it currently because raiding sucks ass with the lag.

I thought I would share this since I still see mages and priests run around using their wands when they lose so much passive dps.

Casting speed - 200% - Several mobs have a 100% debuff
    Reuse speed - 200% - Several mobs have a 100% debuff
    Recovery speed - 100%

DPS Mod - No cap. Becomes better and better the more you get. The curve is impossible to plot so no one knows how it really works other than, get as much as you possible can. No hardcap.
    Haste - 200
    AE Auto - 100
    Accuracy - 100
    Strikethrough - 100. Yes everyone needs this. A lot of brawler mobs and they have 360 defenses.
    Multi Attack - 2995 is the hard cap.
    Flurry - 196% should in theory be the hardcap.
    WDB - As high as you can get it.

Ability Doublecast - 125% Hardcap unless higher tiers have higher avoidance.
    Crit Bonus - Until you cap. This is individual, but below 7k is bad if you want a measurably unit.
    Potency - As high as you can get it.
    Ability Mod - As high as you can get it. Its impossible to get any where near the cap for any of the classes this expansion.

Everyone needs to get the new food and the snacks and everyone needs to go melee on fights where you dont joust too much. It will increase your DPS by so much its not even funny.

Priority:
    Reuse speed
    Casting speed
    Potency (until 150k, then Crit Bonus)
    Crit Bonus (until cap)

DPS/Weapon Bonus Damage
    Ability Doublecast (unless you are able to reach ~95%, then this becomes more important than DPS and you have less than 6800 dps mod)

These two stats are fighting each other and will change priority depending on how much you got of each. If you are able to get 7-8000+ DPS mod and you can't maintain close to 95% ability double cast, DPS mod will win every time. If you on the other hand can maintain close to 95% ability double cast, ADC wins every time.
    There are TWO exceptions though. Beast Lord primals and advantages & Channeler conduits does not scale past 111 as of this date (28/01-2020) and DPS mod will almost always win. Plus DPS mod is 20% shared with their pets. WBD is also shared with their pets.

Strikethrough
    Haste
    Multi Attack
    Flurry
    Accuracy
    AE Auto (mostly useful on trash and if u do a lot heroics just max this)
    Ability Mod
    Recovery Speed (this is last because network lag makes it almost useless)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 7
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I am so glad I left sometime ago. It was bad when I left, but...

My condolences to all who still play and I hope you continue to have fun doing so. Fun is where we find it, after all!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

It was funny, I did the reforging on my Coercer for dps and other melee stats.
    The next night I go to group and my charmed pet does 3 TRILLION dps.
    This was subsequently reported privately and fixed in the last update, but it was fun to see the heroics go a little faster.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Drona

Drona New Member

Nice write but why no mention of Fervor pls?

About ADC, I can't get it 125+ constantly but I can get it about 140+ for few seconds which is enough cast all my ascensions hit. As SK, ascensions are still very large part of my damage so I think the trade off between ADC and DPS mod is not that clear cut.

6. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Half those stats were worthless three xpacs ago.

Metas changing radically from xpac to xpac are a big reason I gave up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Feldon

I gave up trying to keep up. At this point all I care about is the tooltips on EQ2U being at least not horribly wrong. Straightening this crap out enough to actually play it is left as an exercise for the player. It fascinates me that they are making major changes to stat conversion with no thought as to how TLE and classic content is balanced.

8. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Thought... thought... is that something DBG or whatever they are this year actually do? I haven't seen much of that from them for years.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Because TLE is an afterthought. They don't care one bit about it besides the bare minimum to keep at least some of the subs. I still think they could hold a pretty decent population on TLE if they would fix the balance and itemization.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

The plat infusing situation on, what is it, Rivervale, is all you need to know about the forethought put into things. EQ1 does TLP so much better and most of the folks that play TLP on EQ1 are also of the mindset that they're only going to play there until the new TLP comes out.

I gave up looking for relative stats once I figured out that the in game tooltips are not correct anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Can someone give me the TL;DR on Rivervale?

I didn't follow it specifically, but it sounds like it failed harder and faster than all the alternate servers that came before it.

12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

TLDR:

1. Longdale was convinced she could fill a new server with past customers and did a big pr/marketing blitz during the summer/fall.
    2. lols.

The idea was no content gating and level baubles. They got about 30 folks to show up on that server.

well, there are 3829 total toons over there, 319 level 120.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

The only thing funnier than Longdale that I have seen is:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

And now they're in a situation where there isn't enough plat on the server for anybody to plat infuse their gear so none of them can do current heroic/raid content. The plat infusing is based on most servers having billions upon billions of plat available where Rivervale doesn't have that 15 years of currency bloat. The devs say they can not change the infusing system on Rivervale w/o changing it on all servers. Like it would matter, I hadn't played for well over a year and it taking me a million plat or so to infuse everything might as well have been 10 plat. Plat is mostly meaningless on live servers until you get into the double digit millions.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

And my main there has about 300k or so. Mainly because we casually grouped as a guild and no one wanted a dpsing tank class in PuGs.

16. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

It fine, though. It's all fiiiiine. And if you don't think so, the problem is you.

I have that on good authority.

-side eyes-

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Really is an excellent example of how they do things.

Design an expac that requires plat infusion, and put up a new server so old customers don't get hung up on plat and status hurdles.

Funny.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

How did they not know it was going to be an issue?

When you have things in place to be a "currency sink" on live servers and that currency sink is also a means required for viable character progression, then add a new server, that is not progression locked, that currency sink is no longer a sink but a sink-hole. That's simple. It's as plain to recognize as the sun on a clear July day at noon.

Longdale is not bright, nor is she honest, communicative, possessed of forethought, or open to feedback. She's the worst kind of management.

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. Feldon

Just want to verify. Reuse Speed and Casting Speed never need to be higher than 200%? There aren't any mobs debuffing more than 100%? Or should I just drop the red warning if someone is over 100% to leave room for future monstrosity growth?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

As of now no one has seen a debuff higher, no. But raid encounters change weekly right now so who knows what the future brings.

• Informative Informative x 1