1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Crafting is well and truely ****** in BoL

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Mermut, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

If you're on Maj'dul, I've gotten a hold of 3 of the sage books (12, 14, 20) and would be happy to make them for you fuel costs.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  2. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Dang, I wish I was but I'm on HoF. Thank you very much though.

3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

So I guess I need to delete all recipe components from Blood of Luclin and reload them. This won't affect the 2,100 Journeyman/Adept/Expert recipes I renamed.

4. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Back during Sentinel's Fate, they screwed the pooch on the rare mats table for those zones and had the wrong rare dropping for certain "10 and 1" harvest results (I was one of the ones who reported it in Live). They fixed that tout suite. The difference? It started with "D" and rhymed with "omino". She gave a damn. She is sorely missed.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  5. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Well the shadow harvesting changes I am happy with.
    3 Pulls from 1 node, any shadow component can be made into a spell. 30 mins to find the node and a possibility if harvesting a second node if you are close to it.
    I did a round the other day and got around 6 components in 1 session due to being in close proximity to a second node.
    Which is about the same as I would get during a 5 minute run around the Blinding before the changes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

If someone knows how to contact her and let her know how much worse DBG is now, she would be even happier knowing she is not going down with the ****... er ship!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

So, I didn't realize that you can reset the timer on overseer missions with DBC....Crafting books drop in these rng loot boxes....the monetization of the crafting community begins to surface.

It's like p2w for tradeskillers.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  8. Feldon

I told her on Twitter. :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Thank you, Feldon. I wasn't much of a TSer and so I never wrote to her on the forums or anything, but I still felt she would be "glad" to hear that she was needed, even if DBG didn't think so!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I thought she was one of the devs that left on their own voliition.
    It was something about wanting to go back to Canada and some sort of immigration thing wasn't it?

Too bad they didn't offer her to work from remote.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Feldon

After she traveled home to Canada for the holidays she tried to board a flight back to the United States to resume her job. The immigration people said that her visa was not in order and she needed to completely redo everything before she could come back into the United States. She was stuck in Canada for almost a month trying to get this all straightened out. She had to have people go to her apartment and take care of her cats and the whole thing was a mess.

And all of this was happening with a background of a new president being elected who vowed "extreme vetting" and to make immigration ten times tougher. I think she made the right decision for her own mental wellbeing.

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Just in, the latest undocumented change the crafting that nobody would ever ask for.
    All harvestable materials have had the level ranges REMOVED from their descriptions.

Apparently there wasn't enough wrong with crafting, so they had to screw it up even more... because reasons!!!!!

• Shocked Shocked x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

That sounds completely jacked up. Does it make the materials unusable, or just confusing to figure out what goes in which tier while you're crafting?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Just confusing as hell, especially for new players, to figure out wtf is going on with the mats.

It is, however, COMPLETELY baffling the types of things the team is deciding to change and 'fix' while leaving others to languish...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I guess that's the silver lining?

A silver lining made from mercury that will kill you like you lived in Victorian times.

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Crafting is so ****ed right now. I wish I had a level lock to at least make my Outfitters worthwhile to do writs for status. I'm about to go back to EQ1 and train people with my Nec, at least that's productive.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 4
  17. Ruckus

Ruckus Member

Those exist?

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

They really do.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  19. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I ran into quite a few people claiming to be new to EQ2 on TLE.

20. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

The food/drink buffs being stripped is apparently intentional.

Are there any EQ2 private server iterations like there are for EQ1? I'd rather give someone else my money.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2