1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

BoL Combat Changes

Discussion in 'Items, Equipment, and Mechanics' started by Feldon, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

So after shifting auto-attack from 60% of damage for some classes to less than 2%, a bone?

More spells to import.

2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

They did SOMETHING...
    First solo instance required for the sig line.. my mystic took 20 MINUTES to kill the first set of trash that auto-aggros.
    I left the zone. That's obscene. Especially since most of the zones have a stupid amount of unavoidable trash.
    Sure, my mystic is no dps toon, but her arts (and ascension are all upgraded). Even if they weren't, expecting anybody to spend 3+ HOURS in a zone is... no words.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Feldon

Do you have any orange adornments that are a major part of your DPS? Cause orange adornments are invalid in BoL zones.

4. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

To show you the sad state of the game as a whole, log in and look at server loads. The expansion launched 12/17/19...first night: AB and Skyfire - light load, Halls of Fate and Majdul - medium load. Log in today and all of the servers have a light load.

People are over it. Only the most devoted players are sticking it out and even they are about to give up. Crazy. I will say it again, there is no way that the people managing and developing this game actually play it or perhaps even log in, it is the only explanation that makes sense to me to explain the level of gross incompetence.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Huh, that's right, the yearly xPOS went live yesterday, didn't it? I completely forgot. How liberating to no longer care.

Hell, the devs haven't cared for years, why should I...

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Feldon

The entire social media and internet footprint of Blood of Luclin yesterday:
    • Kaitheel did 2 twitter posts.
    • EQ2 did 2 twitter posts.
    • EQ2 sent an e-mail.
    • Zone flythrough videos by players.
    • Forbes article from a week ago.
    That's it. There was no:
    • Launch trailer
    • Lore writeups
    • Zone previews
    • Any kind of details about what's in the expansion besides the sales page.
    • Beta tours
    • Press coverage of any kind.
    It was such a nonevent it was breathtaking to me. I searched Twitter for any mention of "blood of luclin" trending yesterday afternoon. Nothing. Only the diehards are buying and playing this.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Every year, I find myself surprised that Longdale has not removed eq2 server population information from their website. The only way her behavior makes sense is if those population bars paint a rosier picture than truly exists.

Also (and I say this with utmost respect), it may be time for Mermut to change her avatar from a badger to a ground hog :)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Nope. Sometime yesterday afternoon they massively beefed up the combat mit of mobs in the solo zones.. AND gave them a reactive heal if you don't dispel ( on TRASH)... but there is no casting bar.. and most classes don't have dispels. And the new tinkered dispel item (even if people got the recipe and the skill up) doesn't do anything yet...

Yeah.. they just screwed every class that wasn't massive dps.

• Shocked Shocked x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  9. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

And I'm going to bet there's not a peep on the official prop-er, forums.

10. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Actually, lots of 'peeps' and Chrol posted that the put the combat mit of the mobs back down to where it has been yesterday morning.. though the mobs, he said had a 'small' hitpoint increase.
    It actually seems (mostly) reasonable this morning. No where near the idiocy of last night

11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

He also noted he adjusted the zone buff to juice healer dps a bit.

12. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I used to wait a week before logging in to a new expac, now there are less players I login earlier. However, the amount of bugs are more hehe, a trade off you could say. Although they are doing better at releasing less buggy expansions.
    I remember the days there was like a week of patches after an expac came out, to patch the patch that patched the patch that patched the hotfix that patched the expansion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

You guys are so negative!!

I saw a player yesterday in the new zone so the game is thriving.

- EQ2 forum player

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Feldon

1,523 level 120 characters
    4,170 level 111+ characters

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  15. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Are those unique accounts? Also, many individual players own multiple accounts. So, I wonder how much of that is represented by different players?

16. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

As of right now, just checked, AB and Skyfire - light load and HF and Majdul - med load. This on the 2nd night of the expansion release. Remember when Majdul at least had a heavy load most of the time.

17. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

That is insane, you litteraly hit level 120 after doing the 4th signature quest and it took me like no time at all doing that. Like 2 hours tops with the initial rush on pickup quests.

Plus 5 of those are mine now :|

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Feldon

So it turns out there WAS a launch trailer. They only posted it on YouTube and Facebook. Not the website, forums, Twitter, or Reddit:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Wow...that's probably only around 1500 active accounts, and who knows what percentage of those lower level toons are going to remain active.

That is some bleak data for a new release.

Edit:
    Last year, I guestimated 7,500 active accounts. If it really only takes a few sig line quests to get to 120, man, that's like 380 active accounts based on the 120 level peeps, and those are more likely to be the shop buyers (I've always used an average of 4 toons/account)

Man, oh man. Either my guesses from last year were way the hell off, or, last year was just the last straw, because those numbers are death numbers.

Edit#2:

I wonder, you guys remember how Nantg started thier length of employment from the date Nantg acquired the Daybreak properties, then laid everyone off before shipping the properties back to Daybreak?

This restructuring into individual franchises....I wonder who that's going to work....

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Its appeal is becoming more selective.

• Agree Agree x 1