1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Updating EQ2U for Blood of Luclin

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Feldon, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Requested stuff:
    • You can now click on a specific achievement category and get a link that takes you directly there. I also added expansion logos for CD, PoP, and BoL.
    • Also added a hidden text element for each achievement category so if you do an in-page search it will jump there.
    To Do:
    • Character and Item level to 120
    • Quest level to 128
    • Fix the damned guild search/pagination bug I introduced with excluding "old" guilds
    • Lore & Legend: Akheva
    • Factions (314 -> 321)
    • Collections (added 72 collections in 2 categories containing 477 items)
    • Set "Blood of Luclin" as default Collection
    • Guild Achievements (871 -> 991)
    • Collection Rewardfrom (3529 -> 3859)
    • Quest_Rewardfrom (first time in a while)
    • Marketplace
    • Languages -- don't seem to be any new ones?
    • Item Icons hosted locally
    • Achievement subcategories
    • Achievement subcategory banner graphics
    • Guild Achievements
    • Ability Double Cast (Stats.AbilityDoubleAttackChance)
    • Recipes
    • Spells 110 to 120
    • Quests: Blood of Luclin guided entry

Everything else moved to Reign of Shadows thread.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  2. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Thanks Feldon.
    I will help where and when I can if you need crowd sourced data.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

Add Rivervale to drop-down server lists?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2020
  4. Feldon

I'm so glad I only have to add that in 2 places. Used to be 9. Done!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

Thank you, Feldon!

6. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

What sort of help/information do you need for manual entry of Blood of Luclin quest data?

7. Feldon

So there's a series of scripts I wrote to scan player quest progress and turn that into usable quest data. One of these scripts can be loaded to do an immediate scan. This is great if you are working your way through quests and are willing to /camp yourself after each time the quest gives you a new step and then reload a special webpage to re-scan your character.

Last year, Pijotre had the infinite patience to work with me on getting these scripts to a functional state and then run through each quest on his main character, forcing an EQ2U crawl after every single step. Having even more people helping would be fantastic.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I may not be able to do it on my first run through as I've got to level up my main quickly for raid, but if it still needs to be done when I finish with her, I'll be happy to help on my second run through.

9. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

So for kill 20 trolls that would be once you have killed 20 trolls or after you kill each troll?

10. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

So I'm guessing you are taking a snapshot after each update of the character.
    To have one person doing such a thing is good, as you can control some of the factors, but I wonder with multiple people doing it, you might not run into issues with their schedules....
    Monday:
    Alarra does Sig Quest A Part 1 to 5 (of 10)
    Doing updates to the site for each update
    Tuesday:
    Alarra does Raid and finished 2 mission quests
    Wednesday:
    Alarra gets ninja invited by guild to do heroic zones
    Completes 8 mission quests and a Public Quest
    Does non-sgnature Quest B with friend
    Thursday:
    Alarra does Sig Quest A Part 5 to 10
    Updating to the site for each update

There are no issues with such a case, such as on Thursday with the other quest data?

11. Feldon

So you know how a quest will sometimes have you kill 20 trolls and pick 5 shrubberies and you can complete them in any order? This is a quest with ONE stage 2 branches.

Other times, a quest will have you kill 20 trolls and when you complete that, the quest advances to the next stage to pick 5 shrubberies. This is a quest with TWO stages each with just 1 branch.

I need an update once per stage.

So if you get a multi-step quest and all the steps are visible, you only have to /camp and load the page once before you have completed any of the steps. However if you can only see one step, you have to /camp and load the page each time the quest advances. Clear as mud?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I'm guessing that these stages are not visible after completion?

So I could do multiple quests at once, as long as I advanced only 1 stage per quest, once I camped all stages would be updated on your site on clicking the data refresher page?

13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

So any time a 'new objective' appears in the quest journal, camp and load the page?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Feldon

*Usually* they will change to something like "You killed a number of trolls." if that was the stage or "You completed a number of tasks for X" if it's a multi-part that you cleared. It's completely up to the developers what text is displayed before, during, and after every single little step of a quest.

The possible layers of complexity are why Windslasher was able to cobble together the first Public Quests entirely through dozens of hidden auto-completing quests.

15. Feldon

Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

Enhancement Request: When searching for an Item using the "Slot = Primary", the results returned include both 1-Hand and 2-Hand'ed weapons. This can muddy the results for players who are searching for a specific type of weapon. Would it be possible to expand the Slot field to include Primary, Primary (1H), and Primary (2H) options - where the first would continue to function as it does today, the second return only 1-hand'ed weapons, and the last return only 2H. This would allow for continued use of what is in place today and allow for additional granularity in searching.

If you need any additional clarification, please let me know.
    Thank you in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Feldon

One-Handed and Two-Handed are wieldstyles. The choices are:
    Code:
    <typeinfo.wieldstyle>"Dual Wield"</typeinfo.wieldstyle>
    <typeinfo.wieldstyle>"One-Handed"</typeinfo.wieldstyle>
    <typeinfo.wieldstyle>"Two-Handed"</typeinfo.wieldstyle>
    <typeinfo.wieldstyle>"ranged"</typeinfo.wieldstyle>
    Dual Wield = 29 items
    One-Handed = 17840 items
    Two-Handed = 7718 items
    Ranged = 6091 items

I could add another search field Wield Style which appears when type Weapon is selected.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

Enhancement Request: Currently the Item Search page does not include Slot filters for "Breeching", "Shoes", or "Stirrup". These slots were recently added to the game in a Game Update (perhaps the one that included Fabled Kael Drakkel). These slots are specific to Mount gear. Would it be possible to have these options added to the pull-down for Slot?

If you need any additional clarification, please let me know.
    Thank you in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Feldon

Done. Also fixed it so "Barding" doesn't show 12 times. If you have a recommendation for which order the 8 mount equipment slots should be listed in, please let me know. I currently have:

'Accolade' => 'Accolade (Merc)',
    'Saddle' => 'Saddle (Mount)',
    'Hackamore' => 'Hackamore (Mount)',
    'Reins' => 'Reins (Mount)',
    'Breeching' => 'Breeching (Mount)',
    'Shoes' => 'Shoes (Mount)',
    'Stirrup' => 'Stirrup (Mount)',
    'Barding' => 'Barding (Mount)'

• Like Like x 1
  20. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Perhaps, add these to the list: