1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Bug status updates?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

As long as the forums do.

The key question, how often do you think they are going to read it, my guess is 0 times a day

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

You are such an optimist... thinking they will read it that often! *grins*

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, I'm going to award Dreamweaver a thumbs up.

He's actually working the forums. He's engaging and responsive, not overly heavy handed.

Sadly, I suspect he'll learn that the designers give zero craps about any helpful feedback he extracts from the forums.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

He's also been really good on Discord. He's actively engaging, answering questions, and only banning really egregious behavior.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Ah, Dreamweaver tried to enlighten us today:

"Q: How does it work?
    A: The ultimate goal is that it will function similarly to DGC Issue Tracker within the limitations we have on a different platform. We will be making changes as well as time goes on. "

Ok, there goes that death knell then :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Fendhar

Fendhar Member

wasn't dgcissuetracker a fan driven project?
    Maybe - well - maybe some are no fans anymore then.

I would have asked if they could please export the data and set up my own tracker instead of pushing that to the forums.
    But then again - the forums are there, don't need someone to get used to another piece of software and best of all: they can just be wiped with a mouseclick :)

8. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

That makes it a win-win-win for DBC... and well... not so much for the players. I do hope it does help the players that are left though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

To be fair, Dreamweaver is already doing far more on the forums than any of the previous CMs have done for a VERY long time (think Piestro was the last one to take an active interest or engage with the forums). Radarx was basically just a forum moderator, and Roxxlyy did even less than that - she was as useful as the lower half of a mermaid, i.e. less than useless.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Yeah I have to give Dreamweaver credit for trying, but they are going to hit the brick wall of developer ambivalence and apathy soon enough. They sure "resolved" my bug report in a hurry. Wonder if it's worth e-mailing Jen Chan to ask for the "further explanation" my bug report seemed to warrant.

• Agree Agree x 9
  11. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

In full fairness to them that does seem like a feature request, even if it is a glaringly obvious one to add.

In full fairness to you that excuse, ah... response smells because they reached into a deep, festering pile of bullshit to find it. Didn’t you realize that adding a single integer to the Census data will bring about eqocalypse?

• Like Like x 4
  12. Daaaaave

Daaaaave Member

At least dreamweaver opened pandora's box with the bug report forum.

Our beloved developers chanting for years 'All is going well' are kicked in their ...
    with all minor or major reports they ignored in the last years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I have a problem with this thing that you sold me.
    What are you telling me for?
    Well, you made it and you sold it to me, so...
    Whoa, no, you tell that guy over there.
    What?
    Yeah, go tell that guy and he'll do something.
    Who's that guy?
    Another customer.
    What the... what's he going to do with it when I tell him?
    He's going to put it on a list.
    What good does that do?!
    Well, we are aware of the list, obviously.
    So another customer is making a list of things your customers find wrong with the thing you made that you sold to them?
    Yeah, pretty much.
    Well, what do you do with the list?
    Hey, now, let's not get crazy. We can't just be bothered with every list a customer makes, you know.
    How does this make any sense at all?!
    Closing this one as it's gone a bit off topic.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

When it comes to SoE… err... DBG... errr… what ever it will be called next week, I prefer to follow the old advice "Caveat Emptor".
    When I get money in the future, I will do my research on any halfway decent sized purchase before I buy. Time will tell if I ever come back to EQ2. So for, not yet!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

As a fansite owner, and having seen repeatedly that passionate fans will do a far better job on things than some intern, I actually never had a problem with SOE/DBG putting fansites in charge of stuff like this. But you can't get a horse to drink, no matter how close you get it to the water. If devs won't use it, then it's just an exercise in futility.

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Being poor, I play mainly on private servers now for old games. All are free to play but accept donations. You can buy some things (skill upgrades, better gear etc) with cash or you can earn them in game with time. One of them is an old game called Shadowbane that died years ago but a Russian couple who loved the game has gotten it started up and costs them about 2100 rubles (about $32 USD) a month to host. Lots of people playing it though its a pvp game mainly, pve for gear and money and pvp to stop them from farming hehe. I have been far more impressed with the private servers and what they do to fix bugs and solve problems than I have been with DBG/SoE who charges you to play their game.

Its like with a volunteer military, you can do so much more with a willing soldier than one who has been forced to serve against their will. DBG/SoE are all draftees, all forced to stay by the paycheck/job hunt but not happy there, where the fan driven games are doing it for fun or limited pay from donations.

• Agree Agree x 1