1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Interview with Holly Longdale on everquestshow.com

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Caam, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Caam

Caam Member

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

VIN DWEE!!! :p:rolleyes::p:rolleyes::p

OMG! I almost didn't make it past that part. She was one of 'those' players.

And then I read the rest of it and mostly went, meh.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Wow spin much? Of course that is what I expected. I am truly amazed that both games are still viable to be honest. She says the player base is growing again and the exact opposite is true and every one knows it. She says they know what players want, but I could provide a long list of missteps they have made that disprove that completely. Nothing is going to change for the better. Sad really and meh.

• Agree Agree x 9
  4. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

So, a New LIVE Server coming.
    Also something "cute" in the collectors edition.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I got to "The devs know what they're doing" and couldn't go on for laughing.....

It's both absolutely hilarious and horribly scary at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Morbid curiosity made me want to watch it a little but not enough to actually do so. I can tell by the replies already it's pretty much what I would expect it to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Sounds like they plan to just recycle content & nostalgia for the next 10 years of EQ/EQ2 if it gets that much.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Thank you for posting that. However, IMHO, its just more politician's talk which would be great if I had a garden that needed more natural fertilizer *grins*. However, there is too much there to try to flush down the commode...

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

That there's some hard-hitting journalism... :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  10. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

EQ1 MIGHT be getting some old time players back so its numbers MIGHT be going up. I really seriously doubt that for EQ2, though. TBH I think EQ2 is deep in the crapper that they need to pipe air to it!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

"Always do the right thing. That is our motivator that drives everything we do...."

"We trust the players. We are constantly evaluating the players' thoughts and input...."

"So, since 2015 , since I came on board, breaking all the rules both games have grown. Our player base is growing. Our revenue is growing...."

"It's all about player quality of life..."

"We know what the players want....When you build something and the players hate it....it's heartbreaking....."

lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol......llololololololololololololololololololololololololo

Edit:

Forgot these nuggets:

"We are free-to-play, so we need to make sure we’re constantly evolving that notion. And what can we do, where hopefully people want to give us their money. We don’t want to feel like players feel like they have to, or that we always have our hand out."

"We want to make sure the customers are happy first. "

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
  12. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I spit coffee all over my monitor and began choking and laughing when I read those statements as well.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

"Always do what our shady investment company tells us. That is our motivator that drives everything we do...."

"We trust the whales. We are constantly evaluating what the whales are spending on...."

Changed some of the quotes to how I read them.... I could go on I guess but no use since all on these forums pretty much know what I think... :p

Edit: Misspelled Whales

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

And the official forum goblins are eating it up getting all hyped. These are the people DBG feed off, the people that wants to spend 5000 DBG to upgrade a single ascension spell and they will smile and love doing it over and over and over and over and over.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Holly learned well from Georgeson. Maybe too well. He stretched the truth. The stuff in this interview is straight up lies.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Yeah... reading the transcript of the interview I almost asked out loud 'if the numbers are up, why are you soooo rabid about hiding eq2 numbers?'

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, Mermut, you strike me as an honest person, so Imma drop a load of keepin it real on ya:

Longdale likes to mislead customers into buying.

No, no, no. I'm serious. She likes to lie.

I'm sure I just shattered your trust in eq2. But take heart, next year it will be different.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  18. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Been specializing in telling porkies since SWG :)

• Agree Agree x 2