1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Fuli, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Rejoice people, Rejoice (you too, Mermut)!

1. Expert versions of the heroic zones you love!
    2. Super bad ass ethereals!
    3. Another Nagafen pvp season is upon us!
    4. Level increase for the upcoming expansion - you can research new spells!
    5. Anniversary packs are still available in the shop for $20 (a $60 value)!

P.S. At least the ethereals are drops. Hopefully, they'll be tagged no-trade!

P.P.S. I used exclamation points, because exclamation points mean stuff is exciting!

Producer's Letter: Summer 2019 [Discussion] | EverQuest 2 Forums

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

• New features!
    • More level cap!*
    • More undocumented ways to expand items!
    • Bigger, longer, and uncut item examine windows!
    • More super rare items acquired through time-limited gameplay!
    • July 4th event cause we didn't have enough events!
    • Fan Faire delayed to 2020!
    Meanwhile the Item Window UI is still stuck in 2004 and now hopelessly unable to display half of the **** you can do to items. Also did we REALLY run out of room in 100-110 in 24 months?

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

1) The only item they showed is a 2-hander... the absolutely most misleading item they could show (since weapons have their 'lvl 10 resolve' automatically) they could be about the new gear without actually lying.

2) Wave 1 ethereals are... lackluster... AAAND 2 are 'ethereal greater relic' and the other 5 armor slots are 'ethereal relic'. So, even if they don't conflict with existing relics, you can still only use 3 of them.
    If you want max coins, you have to do PQs...

3) I don't pvp, hopefully it's good news for the Naggy folks

4) Researching isn't 'fun' and I expect a) exactly the same spells as before just higher tier (barely) and for them to STILL not give us an upgrade to our group cure.. that is lvl 70-ish and has to be GM to work on raid content in CD

5) More ways to spend money

Good note, they're finally letting us turn in our excess gems for 'stuff'. As long at that 'stuff' isn't 'destroy only' that will be good.

I didn't see anything about the ethereals being 'drops'.. you buy them from the merchants. Unless you mean there is a chance they will drop? There was always a (tiiiiiiiiny chance you'd get an ethereal in your reward crate).
    They did 'hint' that there will be new (non ethereal) best in slot items from PQs.. they really are trying to ram those down our throats.. but didn't say if it's 100% luck only, or if you can (or have to) use tokens to buy the 'mystery' items that they were 'intentionally' vague about. Because EVERYBODY just loves chasing after mystery gear rather than knowing ahead of time if it's something that is useful and/or interesting for them...

Pretty much all the useful information I got from the patch notes on test.
    The producer's letter was mostly fluff and hype.. as expected.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Semisus

Semisus New Member

Probably the most dissapointing letter ive ever read

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Another level increase is another chance to fix the problems with the end game. If they can get their minds off of 'milk the whales' for a few months then maybe they'll make the live game worth playing again.

If not I might check out ESO when I get bored of TLE because I have zero interest in the current EQ2 end game.

6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Alas Mermut, I believe you may have caught me falling for wordsmithing trickery.

I read the heading for the ethereal section, seeing "Legendary Ethereal Drops" instead of "Legendary Ethereal <<Item>> Drops"

Now, it could mean either your interpretation or mine. I feel Windstalker deserves the benefit of the doubt, cause, she never spins anything.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Feldon

Can you really fix 26 classes entirely through cookie cutter itemization?
    They aren't going to significantly touch the Spells. If they do I'll do a live twitch stream of me eating a habanero pepper.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I think you may suffer from vertigo :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Events seem to be one of the things they actually do ok in this game. I assume because Kaitheel appears to give a **** and responds to feedback.

10 level increase is just a cash grab. Everyone needs new spells all over again. Throw in some bonus infusers for new gear & away they go.

In before Luclin expansion to try bring the 'Nostalgia' feeling back before the inevitable freight train of disappointment hits people.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  10. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaa *Breathes* hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah.

That ship sailed about 8 years ago. Now class balance is who lucks out with the most broken spell for the next 12 months.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Just for the record I didn't mean class balance, I meant more making the game fun again in general. A new tier is a new chance at fixing the boring itemization, a new chance at doing something about the awful stat inflation, etc.

I don't actually expect them to succeed in making the game fun again, but ya know.

12. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Omg not yet ANOTHER event.....no offense to Kaitheel, but there are just too many of them now.

13. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

The level up is purely a cash grab. Any chances of balancing classes or stat reduction at this point is impossible. Gninja is in the Kaladim discord if you guys want to subtly mention how **** this game is, as he reads every since thing posted in there, which is evident by him messaging players as soon as we start discussing exploits.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

10 more levels already. I guess that research money is a big part of their income and they cant let it go until next year as planned.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Color me unimpressed.

In my opinion, its sad that some players still think that the EQ2 team/DBG will do any thing differently (i.e. listen to and implement feedback) than they have for the last few expansions.

It's clear that they aren't going to budge even though they are continually losing players. To those players staying until the end, you have my best wishes and sympathy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Feldon

Did you just Thoughts and Prayers about EQ2?

:p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

/awakes from slumber

Wha...it's not being sunsetted? Harumph...

/goes back to sleep somewhere in Tamriel

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Semisus

Semisus New Member

So gear that drops in expert heroics are 90-95 resolve meaning every raid except the highest t3/t4 mythic is garbage
    Now great , for the top 10 guilds that might not matter but for every more casual raiders that meant all their gear is now obsolete and theres really no reason at all to raid and the theres really no difference in the heroics except a higher resolve check

19. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Things are so out of whack, and that is why I believe that they keep repeating the same failed approaches, because deep down they know its a lost cause. I feel for the people that still have hope that it will all some how make sense again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

It does feel like they are trapped doesn't it.

• Agree Agree x 3