1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Lastest Stealth Nerf: Useless Rewards

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Mermut, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

The last patch turned a bunch of rewards that had previously been heirloom or no trade to
    No Trade, No Value, No Salvage and No Transmute
    All rewards from Dr Arcana received the nerf.. the overland quests and the PQ quests.
    People have to, literally, DESTROY the 'rewards' that aren't even as good as solo instance gear.
    People that used to do those quests for transmutables and/or salvagables are now out of luck.

For whatever reason, they've decided to give people FEWER reasons to log in and 'do stuff' :(

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I really do think they are actively trying to kill the game off.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

It's almost like they have a list of things players would like, but they're not just refusing to do those things, they've decided to do the exact opposite of those things.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Just curious.....Is there a cash shop alternative?

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

To what? Stuff to do? There's no marketplace transmuteables or salvagables.

6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

K - was just wondering if shutting down those ingredients can't somehow lead to something that can be purchased in the shop.

I've lost completely lost track of the gazillion different systems.

7. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

There is, however, a market solution: Stop giving them money and find something else to do with your time and money.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

This issue is not only limited to CD, I found I could not sell most adorns from Accurssed sanctum (tov) and that the ones that could be sold were the ones not on the coin vendor.
    Smells like an exploit sledgehammer nerf.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

They must have seen a nail and decided to hit it with a hammer again.

10. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I think they saw a single thumb tack and decided to treat it like a 100 nails ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Naturally they'll never be bothered to take the plat out of the economy the 'exploit' created. So the early adopters profit and everyone else gets squeezed.

Man, Eff Daybreak.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

One of the things that killed SWG for new players, long before the Combat Upgrade (CU) that wasn't and the NGE, was the hyper inflation bought on by not cracking down on the exploits and by not removing that currency from the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Oranorn

Oranorn New Member

Can you explain where the plat came from? I don't think these farmed items created plat, they just allowed the farmer to sell something and trade it for existing plat.
    No idea why they nerfed this, it was a nice source for salvaging.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Eh, it's just their SOP and why the player economy is garbage now. It may not apply to this, I'll readily admit I stopped caring much about EQ2 and so probably comment on these things from wilful ignorance. So take it for what it's worth, which I grant may not be much.