1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Updating EQ2U for Chaos Descending

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Feldon, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Sorry for the massive performance burp earlier. Had to purge 104 million rows from the "what spells do characters have" table. It took 30 minutes to run the query.

As for the maddening pauses where the page stops halfway and takes up to 30 seconds to finish drawing, this is not a server performance issue on my end, so I went looking elsewhere and narrowed it down to Cloudflare caching. I've turned it off and let's see if it works better.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pijotre

Pijotre New Member

There is a monthly quest to get Celestial tier spells from Vorai in Myrist, thats proberbly how you got the spell data without crafting data.

Meh ignore me I saw it was already answered.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  3. Feldon

• Like Like x 1
  4. Feldon

Ascension XP progress bars now work correctly for levels 15.01 -> 20.

Fixed the http:// vs https:// issues on the quest_details page. I really should search-and-replace and find any I'm missing.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Pijotre

Pijotre New Member

Talkling about Ascensions, the character sheet on eq2u does not list the current class and level, like the window in-game, see pictures below.
    Ascension_in_game.png Ascension_on_eq2u.png

6. Feldon

I was hoping nobody would notice. :p

• Fishy Fishy x 1
  7. Feldon

I am thrilled to report that the bulk of the Chaos Descending expansion quests have now been added to the EQ2U Master Quest database. We have -- so far-- identified 190 quests associated with the expansion and crowdsourced enough information to be able to integrate 149 of them into our site. There are still 41 quests (and likely more) that will take additional work. Most of them are daily missions.

When Quest data first started being added to Census, our understanding was that the data would be embargoed for a couple of weeks after expansion launch. Unfortunately, Planes of Prophecy data was held back for 5 months and as we are now 2 months past the launch of Chaos Descending it just did not seem reasonable to wait any longer. In order to do this, we have been forced to put a tremendous effort to reconstruct or essentially "create" the quest data for EQ2U.

I cannot thank enough Pijotre who went through the quest lists and identified dozens I'd missed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  8. Semisus

Semisus New Member

Not sure if its a bug or not but i went for a lvl 110 conjuror spell ( communion )for my celestial doctrine quest yesterday , and it now shows on my character on eq2u that i dont have the spell

9. Feldon

I am less thrilled to report that Census is down again. :(

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Has it ever been this unstable? What the hell did they do to it this last year it feels like there are issues every few weeks.

11. Feldon

This expansion is not the first time we've had a week-long downtime, but it's the first time we've had so much downtime in such a short time. The actual game servers seem unstable as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Feldon

Census is back up.

13. Feldon

Done:
    • Saddle, Hackamore, Reins, and Barding have been added to the Slot list on Quick and Advanced Item Search
    • Prevent Accolade and Barding slots from being displayed multiple times in item_detail and item_popup.
    • Blue, purple, and black adornment slots now have a white border on item details and item popups.
    • Temporary adornment slots are now cyan on item details and item popups.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  14. Pijotre

Pijotre New Member

Only works on advanced search, quick search does not give those as an option in the slot drop-down.

15. Feldon

Fixed. Also fixed a few unparsed effects like critbonus_overcap and abilitydoubleattackchance on green adornments (soulstones) and set bonus descriptions.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ookabea

Ookabea New Member

We truly do not deserve you, Feldon!!

-Ookabea

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Feldon

You can't imagine how good it feels to move EQ2U Signatures over to the Done column and with custom styles added to boot.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Will AA's be updated too, soonish?

19. Feldon

I've never done it before, so it could be a real mess. I will make a full backup and give it a try.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Sounds like an amazing weekend to me :p

• Funny Funny x 1