1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EQ2 Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

I so wanted to post a reply that said "have you tried to reboot your computer and modem and scanned your files?"....

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

It's official then, the lead dev on EQ2 is Kerafyrm.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

From the official EQ2 Forums
    The idea of the patch today was supposed to be positive, however the change wasn’t exactly implemented as we had conceived.

If only they had a hand-selected, subset group of EQ2 players who could act as a sounding board and offer low-noise / high-signal feedback for potential changes to game mechanics prior to implementation...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Actually snorted at this. Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

In other words, the devs have no clue WTF they're doing. There may be more charitable ways to parse that, but even those point to my conclusion that the remaining dev staff is not competent to do the jobs they're entrusted with.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Dev A: What we are going to do for progression next year?
    Dev B: We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
    (6 months later)
    Dev B: We're at that bridge aren't we.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

It is so sad to watch EQ2 (and ultimately EQ) die a slow death, but all things must die... and with strange aeons even death may die *giggles malevolently with more than a hint of madness*

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The irony.

This is exactly what struck me as strange and led me to consider that part of this (in addition to their "customer re-acquisition" strategy) might be some kind of progression reset. But I don't think it is. More likely they just rushed through it without thinking it through.

I mean, why not just lower resolve requirements and leave the gear alone?

Edit:

More likely they didn't consult their "focus group" because they didn't want to hear complaints from people who paid $$$$$ to level their gear.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Or because they don't consult their focus group on anything at all. Even feedback posted in it is ignored. (Apart from 1 Dev who appears to read it).

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I see someone is busy deleting posts again....Probably part of their re-acquisition strategy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

You know that the solid bio-wastes have truly hit the rotary air oscillator device if they start to remove any of Siggy's posts...

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I still check my post and like counts from time to time. For a while those numbers seemed to want to shrink without warning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

At least back in the day you were TOLD when a post of yours was deleted and why... now they just evaporate w/o reason or acknowledgement.
    Last time I couldn't get any response when I asked why a particular post was deleted. Just total radio silence.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

While those posts don't break any forum rules, they provide information and/or sentiment that DBG doesn't want others to see.

So, just delete the post without comment and ignore any questions as to why, because to do otherwise, would require them to explain what they are doing and why they are doing it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Leaving a comment would necessarily require an admission and an explanation of some kind even if it's completely bland. Back in the day when a CM deleted a post it was seen as a corrective or learning experience. Under RadarX it was often used as a bludgeoning tool to belittle or intimidate. Now a wrong think is just an annoyance to be done away with before the virus spreads and damages whatever narrative is being spun. They don't care about making the forums actually better and have neither the motivation nor the wherewithal to bother properly abusing people. So just quietly make the bad thing go away and hopefully get away with pretending it was never there to begin with.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

I think that this Siren person on the forums is a Sigdrifia alt or something.

The way that they type, and the pure amounts of fallacies are just amusing at this point.

They insinuated that people are "buying fame" and that the leaderboards are rigged because we are just killing people and paying them.

In reality it's just raid v raid pvp and scoring a kill on every person. I tried to explain, I really did. But the sigdrifia effect quickly came into play. I'm surprised a wiki response wasn't posted.

In a side note the reinstating of the experience xp worked out perfectly for the developers, a lot of our players are now making 2-3 alt accounts and paying for them just because of the one toon limit on the server. This feels like a well planned out master plan of the developers at this point; I refuse to believe they are this ignorant about their game.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  17. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

I don't even know where they go for feedback at this point. My banned account still has access to the raid council forums from like five years ago for whatever reason. There isn't a single thing really posted in there with the exception of the TLE encounters and an occasional random live feedback forum. If this violates your thread rules Feldon. I apologize.

After that... what do they have? Community Round Table? If you can even call that section feedback....

18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Siren has an agenda. Even though the pvp server was NEVER offered as Nagafen TLE, that's what she wants, and so she's pursuing the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" strategy, which includes flooding the forum section with posts, grossly distorting reality and flat out making stuff up. You can't reason with her, all I try to do is call it out so other folks aren't being misled.

You guys are playing the server the way it should be played. I have an issue with the market place/p2w/cash grab design, and I also have my opinions about character power imbalances being healthy for pvp; but those are preference differences. You guys go ahead and play, I'm staying away. To each their own :)

Edit:

A quick eq2u search by levels today (Nagafen).

So, 76% of accounts >= 30 are level 50. Siren's arguments are nonsense.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Daaaaave

Daaaaave Member

Pure Brainstorm:

Start the riot from player side.
    Don't forget we players (customers) are part of stakeholders.

Every server votes of 2 or 3 ppl in a player council.

Player councils selects or creates a todo list for dbg.

All players maybe vote for ranking in list.

If dbg don't react... organizise... some stuff
    -All leave discord
    -No one post at OF anymore
    -Stop buying from Cash-Shop
    -No one logs into game for 1-2 days..
    -more ideas to hurt them...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Replace the word player with cat.

The people who are sick of it have or are leaving. When more people get sick of it they will eventually leave. Some people will never admit they are sick of it. Some people will never stop supporting it. Some people will never leave. Trying to organize the players like some sort of collective is only going to lead to a lot of the players saying, no u. Meanwhile, DBG is a grown @$$ company and apparently s/he do what s/he want regardless of what any of us say.

Not a bad idea, but essentially impossible to implement. Especially not without some sort of authoritative oversite with the ability to enforce... which would be DBG in this case and they ain't gonna do it.

• Agree Agree x 2