1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

12 Billion DPS?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by omuteef, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Tekka is purposefully keeping distance from all things EQ2, at least for now. I think Conan Exiles is the time waster of the moment.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  2. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Can't blame her for taking an EQ2 mental break and glad she is having fun. Thanks for replying :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Tell her we do miss her though. Especially stealing cookies from Fuli!

• Fishy Fishy x 1
  4. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

im playing Shadowbane, Warhammer Online and a free WoW private server, myself

5. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

A WILD TEKKA appears and uses STEAL COOKIE! It's SUPER EFFECTIVE~

I'm still around, I just stopped following EQ2 when the only thing about it that surprised me, amid all the crap, was that it hasn't been closed down - yet.

I poked around in The Secret World: Legends a bit, I love the setting. Not a lot of game there once you've gone through the story.

I played ESO a bit, but it's just not the long term game I'm looking for.

Currently I dip into GuildWars 2 a bit, and I'm world-building and learning to script simple quests with NPCs and stuff in Conan Exiles.

Still eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained and Ship of Heroes.

❤️

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  6. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

You can find older games that you liked on private servers for free. Not the best compared to retail, true... but its FREE! Just something to think about!

7. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

I find this statement confusing, the harder content should offer better rewards; this should be a given. The only thing that the original tier 3 offered was resists. We countered this plan of new crit mit by just wearing the kael cloaks and continuing to run our more offensive based gear. It truly confused me how the developers tried to create mobs that were harder and had higher dps checks, then restricted the power given to players in clearing the previous zone, the expansion lacked progression in terms of gear to match the raid progression. If your game is supposedly built on a artificial progression system of clearing the easy mode to get gear to clear the hard mode, the itemization has to actually reflect that.

The gear needed to be fixed, I can't even begin to explain how frustrating it was to kill Telk for the twelfth time just to get that group cure charm which no one wanted to run because of the EV charm and the eye of sontalak charm. A charm from the hardest mobs in game that wasn't even better than a charm from avatars with a red adorn in the previous expansion.

The problem came primarily in the practiced items, which was a result of one particular player offering suggestions and the developer team not taking the solution to the Raid Council forums and not getting feedback from the other guilds/players. I remember only one guild knowing about practiced items, and we had to discover it through testing the items and their proc rates and realized one day we had 300% more potency than we did the previous raid night.

I can attest to the fact that the voices in the room primarily being Daray and Mogrim, did not ask for huge power increases when it came to the next expansion. We actually suggested, and voiced heavily that the practiced items should go away and the new prestige/levels would equal the loss in practiced so we didn't get into such high numbers.

This is all coming from someone who played the content in the top guild at the time.

8. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I don't remember anyone complaining when player power grew just 2-3x from Kunark to TSO. Now player power grows 10x every 6 months.