1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EQ2 Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Wait, is that Daybreak or Bethesda?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I like it!

Just wondering about what they are not telling us.

Still, I'm interested :)

Edit: Not a huge fan of the character wipes after a season. Not sure why they thought this was necessary or good.

3. Peak

Peak New Member

All down to execution at this point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

The question is "Who do we execute?" I only want to execute the guilty ones at DBG... and not the innocent ones!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

They mention seasons, but nothing says they're wiping after each season.

6. Peak

Peak New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I just hope that any one considering participating in these new tle pvp or pve servers temper their expectations.

Be realistic and consider the history/implementation/broken promises etc. of the past tle/speciality servers.

After that, if you still want to give it a go, best wishes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I'll likely wait until I can see player feedback. Sorry DBG, trust issues.

I do hope the feedback is good, though.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I trust DBG and their promises as if they were politicians...

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

...or used car salesmen.....or lawyers....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Ah.. I made a light-hearted joke in healer chat to other healers about the difficulty shaman were going to face healing back in beta and have been banned from discord ever since.

• Shocked Shocked x 1
  12. RhodrisNZ

I confess to genuinely feeling a bit saddened for the dedicated PvPers, who got so excited about this new PvP server. The new concept isn't as they expected, and they are now very disappointed. But:
    1. They knew from the get-go that it wasn't going to be a 'traditional' PvP server;
    2. They also knew from the get-go that it was going to be a temporary, event-type server;
    3. They were told several times that they (1 or 2 people in particular) should manage their expectations, given DBG's track record;
    4. This beta test seems to me to be more a BR test in an EQ2 setting - can they truly not see that it's a Battle Royale trial?
    5. Can they also not see that it is yet another cash-grab exercise (once it goes live)? Which I guess is not a truly unsurprising thing - DBG is a company, after all, and needs to come up with ways to increase it's cash-flow.
    And while I do feel a bit for Siren's disappointment, I'm also aghast at the demanding, ungrateful pushiness that is becoming evident by some of the commentary on the OF. Now it seems that if the beta/live server isn't 'PvP-perfect' they don't want to know, won't play on it, and will walk away. Rather than temporary 'seasons', they now want a persistent/permanent server, or for the 'seasons' to last longer. They now want to have more the ability to have more than 1 character. They want immediate AAs, rather than waiting for their natural appearance in the right 'season'. They want factions, not the factionless concept that DBG has said it will be.

It's really tiring, you know?

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I would feel sorry for some of them if they hadn't brought the disappointment on themselves.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. RhodrisNZ

That's why I'm only a BIT saddened, not a lot.

15. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I quite admire DBG attempting something different tbh.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

PvP players being blessed with an abundance of patience and capable of dispassionate discussion.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  17. omuteef

omuteef Member

This new PvP event server is really starting to smell like a DB experiment to see if a BR will fly. Something really smells fishy here guys cant put my finger on it yet. but i can say this for sure this is for DB to test not for the die hard PvP EQ2 players.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

A PvE server with all the changes so far on FG plus

no p2w mounts
    no familiars
    no BL or channeler until CoE
    nothing but apperance items in the item shop
    no krono so the economy doesn't go bonkers and botters leaves the server alone
    small tweaks to early expansions raidboss auto attack damage because of no Chan.
    small tweaks to make one or two heroic dungeons per expansion hard.

All on a 3 month expansion unlock.

That gives them 2 years (21 months) to get content in DoV and beyond ready instead of the bull they do now with small gear fixes 4 weeks into a rotation.

Just saying, this is exactly what most people wanted with FG and we constantly gets shafted weeks before DoV is supposed to be released instead.

Like, do they want the sub fee for people playing on these servers, they need to do it right from the day the server opens. I can't believe they cant see how good it would be for the playerbase. I have a hard time thinking people would want to start over for the 3rd time if they keep the same pay to win schemes on the new PvE server.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Remember the things they crammed into EQ2 thinking it would help test ideas for eqnext development?

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Woohoo! Aren't we lucky? We get to help fund the BR development while suffering to play a sub-par PvP server! Oh wait... I refuse to play that PvP server now. (Not that I was that eager to do so, but was willing to give it a try for a few days, since im still burning up my kronos while playing occasionally.)