1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EQ2 Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

2. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I'm too jaded. I cannot help but read things into what those are saying.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  3. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

*snore*

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Colour me cynical....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yet another development consistent with the infamous Reddit post....

An interesting application of beta testing for Nagafen: "We're gonna revive Nagafen like it was in the beginning, and if enough people play it, we might keep it up!"

Well, appears the game will live to see another year. Be interesting to see if the sunset assertions of said Reddit post do in fact come to pass.

Edit: Windstalker has once again taken over PL duty. At least she gave people some sense of what they can look forward to instead of "We are planning stuff. Trust us, you will love it. Buy familiars!"

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I found this letter to have much more meat than the last one. I liked it.
    It felt like, we have concrete stuff planned and we will give you more details as it comes closer, but this is what we are intending to do for the next year.

7. Julesholland

Julesholland New Member

I am interested in what the offer will be with a new progression server, might be worth looking at

8. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

So given that they currently lack the resources to keep the main game running smoothly they are now squandering those resources on something that only a very vocal minority are screaming for? :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

They couldn't balance PvP when they a big dev team, I don't know how they think they're gonna do it now. PvP requires a lot more attention than PvE does and if they aren't gonna give it that attention then it'll be dead in a month or two.

Anything PvP related outside of the pre-existing battlegrounds is a waste of dev time imo.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

PVP Is Dead! Except when we can make some money off it.

When the money stops... PVP is Dead!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
  11. Quidam

Quidam New Member

People are so naive on the official forums thinking PVP servers revenue will be invest in eq2...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
  12. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I'll sit back and enjoy death toll v2.0 where they blame the devs for not paying attention to anything. They cant even make FG even remotely enjoyable and thats using static scripts. How do these people think PvP balance is gonna be anything other than a mess?

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

If they really wanted to make a fun pvp server that is relatively low maintenance, all they need to do is level cap at 20 or 30 and then just let people run around and kill each other for titles. Maybe throw in some kind of fun pvp events/tournaments every quarter or so for prestige fluff.

Things started getting silly balance-wise around KoS and just got progressively worse after that.

And for the love of common sense, keep the freakin p2w OUT of pvp.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Mordred was a very popular and fun server for DAoC and the whole point of that server for a long time was everyone running around killing each other all the time everywhere.

EQ was kind of like that once upon a time and it was fun.

People who enjoy the fight don't need more than the fight. People who want to measure e-peen or get a pat on the back are the ones who need more.

Don't get me wrong, people like to earn things and that's fine. If the goal is to have fun fighting each other then the creators goal should be making it fun to fight each other first and foremost.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Peak

Peak New Member

KoS and EoF weren't even that bad. I'd say it wasn't until TSO that **** really got out of control.
    ROK introduced some OP things, but they eventually got nerfed. TSO really brought out all the procs.

I also feel like they were a little more thoughtful with their changes early on. If something was strong, broken, whatever, they fixed it or toned it down. Later on, things strong, OP? Well, let's disable all procs. Let's get rid of level locking. It seems like early on it was a wait and see approach, while later on Nagafen turned into a neglect, and then when you do pay attention, make large random changes out of nowhere approach.

16. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Recently, it's been feeling like this has been there approach for many aspects of the game..
    I'll concede that they probably have reasons for some of the changes.. but when there is little to no informative communication about the what and why, it's the same as random and arbitrary to the players.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

More nonsense.
    More pointless noise from DBG.
    If they had a real goal, and worked with the players, the populations might pick up.

On the PS:Arena front, things aren't looking real good either. Launch has been pushed back two months, beta invites haven't been sent out, the first Event, that was scheduled for February obviously can't happen if the game isn't live...

Any of this sound familiar? --

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Fendhar

Fendhar Member

lol ... do they now copy stuff from the EQNext cabinet?

19. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Coming soon;

Planetside Constructor - Ever wanted to build your favorite places in Planetside? Want to design rather than defeat the base? For just $100 you can help us! On top of this, you'll also recieve an amazing in game flag to show off on your Planetside Arena avatar!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  20. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Yours for only $1999.95!

• Shocked Shocked x 1