1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Crowdsource Project: Matching Quests in EQ2U

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Feldon, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Feldon

I've redone this as a Google Doc so that anyone can view it and post comments.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pijotre

Pijotre New Member

I added some info on 38 missions, while I took care of proper spelling, please double check against the picture of my journal attached below.
    There was an issue with one mission I found where my journal had an extra target compared to the census data, so please double check IDs (picture also attached below).
    The quest IDs can be check against my Main: ( https://u.eq2wire.com/quests/active/468151769437 )
    JournalSnippet.png ChapterOnPlanes.png

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  4. Pijotre

Pijotre New Member

If you could update your files today then I'll delete the quests from my journal and get tomorrows batch tomorrow (the dailies should have changed to another set by then).

5. Feldon

Thank you so much. I have updated the 31 quests in the DB (and on the Google Doc) you were 100% certain about. I will push them onto EQ2U soon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Feldon

The quest list I've collected is by polling the quest journals of 5,000 characters. Maybe I need to re-run this query today and get different quests?

7. Pijotre

Pijotre New Member

You'll get the ones I just gave you, daily timer resets in 6h 55mins (1am UTC, 5pm PST), weekly in 2d and 13h (Midnight Wednesday -> Thursday PST).

You can check timers here: EQ2 Library

8. Pijotre

Pijotre New Member

I verified Quest 119483819 and Quest 660262481 against my Quest IDs now, so you can update those 2 as well.

While verifying against the IDs I found to not have Quest 2534766737 on my character, so while the targets are the same this is not the same quest as the one I have and took the name from. So much for 100% sure lol.

The others are all verified and so I'm lets say 99,9% sure about those :p

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Feldon

I have added your data for Quest 119483819 and Quest 660262481 and stripped the data for 2534766737.

When a quest branch (one of the substeps under a stage) is completed, I *think* it disappears from the data we're reading from the journal. If this is true, that would explain missing steps.

Current status:
    180 crawled quests with 298 stages. 147 quests positively identified.

I'm about to crawl 9,000 characters and see if I can up the number of stages to ease identification.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pijotre

Pijotre New Member

the 4 steps are equal ... these missions have no substeps you can finish the zones (= steps) in any order

• Like Like x 1
  11. Feldon

After scanning all those characters I've got a revised figure:
    190 crawled quests with 319 stages. 152 quests positively identified.

In the Google Doc, I've added 6 more quests (missions of course) that require help.

I appreciate any help you can give in identifying these quests and understand if it's too much pain to get 100%.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pijotre

Pijotre New Member

I'll see what I can do, already identified one Quest 1785783863 (that was the one I thought was 2534766737)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Feldon

I just had to take a moment to pat myself on the back for my script that constructs JSON from (almost) nothing. Getting close to importing the viable quest data we've got into the master quest table on EQ2U.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Feldon

Ok folks, I have now added the 149 Chaos Descending expansion quests so far identified by myself and Pijotre to the EQ2U Master Quest database. These quests are missing some data including zones, rewards, start/end text, etc. You can spot them because the start of the quest just says "I should probably do this quest!" and the end of the quest just says "I did the quest!".

Thanks again to Pijotre for his hard work above. The last few 41 quests or so shouldn't be too hard to add.

I've expressed a bit more here:
    https://forums.eq2wire.com/threads/updating-eq2u-for-chaos-descending.229497/page-4#post-2348483

• Like Like x 1
  15. Feldon

I was *sure* I had everything right. I was actually surprised how the json went together. Alas the completion_text and starter_text for stages is a list not a value. Hand-fixing. Ugh.

Done!!

16. Pijotre

Pijotre New Member

Cool, works quite well so far!
    - Can you reimport quest stages again? There is a daily today that was (I manually added it) not on the doc: Quest 1633538592.
    - Quest 119483819 is still missing the extra stage (see doc, comment in post #10 and picture in post #3).
    - Other than that I updated some info, updated (incl. the 1 from yesterday and the one not in the doc since its not live yet) Quests: 2031819197, 2172179166, 2563010008, 1785783863, 1633538592.
    - Furthermore I saw that I omitted adding the difficulty, which I have now added, its mostly correct already, but all "Study of (Air|Earth|Fire|Water):*" quests are (Heroic) quests, even the [Solo] ones lol.
    - Also accepting my suggestions in addition to greying things out will make the doc easier to read imho.

- Added *.xml info and a journal picture below, so we have that information safe and I can safely delete the quests and get a new batch.
    pijotre_active_quests_15_1_2019.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Feldon

Now that I have injected these 149 quests into our database, the only way for me to append more information for those quests is manual editing.

I will go through the doc and try to make sense of what you've added. I am very tempted to clean up the Google Doc and remove those quests entirely to avoid further confusion.

18. Pijotre

Pijotre New Member

sure remove the ones you added

19. Pijotre

Pijotre New Member

- Added 4 new quests (in addition to yesterdays) including 2 that weren't in the doc (including to my horror a tradeskill daily mission, which means you proberbly don't have any of those 12 quests):
    Quests 4022558030, 1621040112, 2534766737, 3026617251
    - To that end, do you need me to add the new ones in your formatting (which I did) or is the xml enough, kinda dreading to edit 11 more daily tradeskill missions, especially if its not needed, as I doubt your json looks like your format?
    - Again for posterity the *.xml and a journal screenshot.
    - Will add more in about 3h when the daily ticks over.

Attached Files:

20. Feldon

Pijotre and I are now talking on Skype and doing these quest updates in a more direct fashion. Be very afraid.

Added another 13. We're down to 33 unknown quests.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1