1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Updating EQ2U for Chaos Descending

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Feldon, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

A bit of clarification on this - within the Chaos Descending expansion there is a repeatable monthly mission that as one of its potential rewards is the Celestial level of a profession or ascension spell.

Halls_of_Fate.Dellmon has Etherlord scribed at Celestial level - - and I can assure you that neither green dollars or Daybreak Cash were used to acquire it. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

O

3. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Would it be possible to update the spell category so u can see which spells you can ancient now? They added a bunch that still on goes to GM on eq2u

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Everything can go to celestial now.. though you can only research up to ancient.

5. Semisus

Semisus New Member

Epic spells cant go to celestail
    Sadly...

6. Feldon

added Gear Report and other stuff to the To Do list on page 1.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Feldon

Ok, I've gone through and changed the max upgrade tier of spells that go to Celestial. That's...
    • 888 level 100-110
    • 595 level 90-99
    • 920 level 1-89
    Now I need to add support for Celestial spells to the Spell views.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Feldon

Gotta love how this is documented like nowhere. The "official" EQ2 Wiki doesn't say anything about Celestial spells:
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Spells_and_Combat_Arts

Good lord is there no documentation anywhere on how the f Celestial spells work?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Feldon

Someone is going to have to go through and make sure I haven't screwed up the Spells pages. I've updated everything I know how to do. I'm not having any luck figuring out how Celestial upgrades for non-Ascension spells work. I have no idea how Celestial upgrades for Epic 2.0 spells are acquired either.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Ah. I forgot about epic 2.0 abilities. So far as I know, those do NOT go past ancient.
    For regular arts... I know you can get them lvl 101-110 celestials from the new quest. Other than that, I think they're super rare drops, like ancients used to be.

11. Feldon

If celestial adventure spells are drop only then I will remove the crafting button for them.

12. Semisus

Semisus New Member

Appears that only 101-110 spells can go to celestial and epic spells are excluded
    Older spells can be researched up to ancient now including older non upgradeables like tsunami for monk etc
    There are 2 versions uploading to eq2u of celestial spells , 1 is the no tradeable one that you get when completiting the monthly quest ( celestial doctrine ) and the other is the dropped version where you get a illegble scroll you have get someone to craft it , this version is tradeable

here is example of the dropped one that has to be crafted https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3340028521

13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

That's a acension art.
    I haven't seen any recipes for the 'regular' arts.

14. Feldon

I found 1,400 celestial non-ascension spells in census from levels 1-99.

15. Semisus

Semisus New Member

i stand corrected

16. Feldon

Mount Gear Equipment Slots:
    • Saddle
    • Hackamore
    • Reins
    • Breeching
    • Stirrup
    • Shoes/Horseshoes
    • Martingale
    Plus 6-10 Barding slots.

Attached Files:

17. Feldon

Gear Report has been updated to include Orange, Black, and Blue Adornments as well as current Ascension class. It's now easy to switch between Gear Report, Adventure Report, and Tradeskill Report. If you've never used these, find the little buttons just above a Character sheet.

Item Search has been cleaned up to remove Weapon Skills and other unnecessary Statistics and Effects. I've added Spell Skills, Defensive Skills, Offensive Skills, Harvesting Skills, and Crafting Skills and I moved obsolete stats that still match a few items to the bottom of the Stats list.

Spell lists on EQ2U now support Celestial tier and I have gone through and updated all the ~2,000 level 1-110 spells for which Ancient and Celestial upgrades exist. The Recipe buttons on the right of the spell lists *should* be correct. Feedback appreciated!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  18. Feldon

There are some bugs from this previous To Do List that I don't want to forget.

• When I updated the Guild Search to exclude inactive servers, I made it always exclude those servers, regardless of the checkbox selection. Need to fix!
    • Add "Exclude Inactive Players" to the Character Search
    • Some of the Recipes need to be updated such as Rune of Glory V

19. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Percussion of Stone can be upgraded to Ancient (dont know if it can be upgraded further, I currently play on the TLE server Fallen Gate) but currently only goes to GM on eq2u. I have the ancient version on my dirge, but its stuck on Expert.

20. Feldon

Unfortunately, not all possible spells exist in the Census "spell" records. We've complained about it over the years but have had no luck getting a clean export. The problem is, most of the "static" data in Census is exported off a generic level 110 character with the main templates loaded like Ranger, Inquisitor, Shadowknight, Fae, Half Elf, Carpenter, Woodworker, etc. There are some templates which are not being loaded such as these level 52 profession spells, the Lore & Legend master strike spell, and probably others. For example, the character Dellmon knows 713 spells, but I can only match those against Census records for 668. I would have to do manual data entry for those remaining 45 spells which is just not realistic.

None of the level 52 profession spells exist in Census spell data as Ancient. I will uptier them on EQ2U's spell lists, but they won't show your character's current status.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1