1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

They Break Winter Extravaganza?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Liv, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Liv

Liv New Member

So is this the last attempt to get cash?

---
    PC players, if you play EverQuest 2 or ANY of Daybreak's All Access games, you're in for a treat. Available for a limited time and in limited quantities**, lock in lifetime membership benefits in every All Access game with the Lifetime* All Access Membership! All Access currently includes DC Universe Online, EverQuest, EverQuest 2, and PlanetSide 2.

No more resubscribing. No more recurring payments. All the access. All the time. Plus, if you already have an active All Access membership, we will convert your unused time to Daybreak Cash when you upgrade to this lifetime offer! But don't wait, because these WILL sell out.

The Lifetime* All Access Membership is available on PC for $299.99 USD, now through December 31, 2018, while supplies last**. Get yours today!

*For the life of the participating game(s). **Only 4,000 Lifetime All Access Memberships are available. Offer may end before December 31, 2018.

*The Daybreak Extravaganza and special offers begin at 1PM PT on December 18, 2018, and end at 11:59PM PT on December 31, 2018. Daybreak does not ensure continuous or error-free access, use or availability of any game content, feature, gameplay, or server and may change, modify, disable, suspend or remove any such content, feature, gameplay or server at its sole discretion. If you are currently an All Access Member with a 1, 3, 6, or 12 month membership, the Lifetime All Access Membership and charges will take effect immediately and the remainder of your previous membership time will promptly be granted to your account in Daybreak Cash. The 12 Months Membership + Bonus membership subscription is recurring and will be renewed as the basic 12 Months subscription after the initial year.

---

not sure if includes new expansions though. what if the life game ends on spring 2019?

Anyways, I miss you all my friends from eq2 :( Sometimes I want to return and visit my brothers Ossuary or my Decorated Guild.

cheers from the sunny Drunder!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  2. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

It doesn't mention expansions at all. It's just to be an all access member for life. You'd still have to buy the new expansions. If you have the cash and want to keep playing the game, it's probably worth it. Ttobey said there will be another expansion, so that will give you a chance to break even on the $300.

3. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

This says to me two things:
    • they didn't get the cash injection from the expansion pre-order and subsequent level of expansion sales that they were expecting, and
    • they are wanting the cash-flow ledger to look robust and healthy for their end-of-financial-year accounts.
    So yes, this would appear to be a fairly desperate cash-grab. I do wonder if the company is going to be up for sale very soon.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

This totally smacks of desperation. I almost choked on my coffee when I read it. Why risk paying for a lifetime membership for two games that are 20 and 15 years old? Also, H1Z1 is getting killed by other similar games. Not to mention recent lay offs. I guess they had to try.

• Agree Agree x 9
  5. RhodrisNZ

So, if you work it out, assuming that they do manage to sell the entire 4,000 on offer, they are looking to raise $1.2m in a very short period of time.

Going to have a wee look at Massively to see if they have anything on it over there....may be back to edit my post with a link - brb.

Edit: No, nothing yet, probably too soon.

Edit 2: Heh, couldn't resist. Had to post something in that thread - waiting for a) forum warning or b) ninja post deletion or c) both.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  6. stach

stach Member

the 299 lifetime is really a 2 and 1/2 year subscription if you pay yearly. Basically your gambling 300 dollars that this game will still be around in 2 1/2 years. And if you don't play the other games it really is not worth it.

Now the 12 months with "bonuses" is about 1 3/4 year of subscription at the current yearly subscription. Most people who will buy this already have tons of alts so the boost will mean nothing, not sure what the value of the VIP 120 Days Research time is worth. But once again you gambling the game will be around in a year.

especially when in 2014 they did the 99 a year special.... this is a complete money grab and they are not going to get much out of eq2, maybe DCU will make some of this money.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I think it says a lot about how long they expect Daybreak's stable of games to last.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. RhodrisNZ

And - apparently the bonuses promised in the yearly membership don't apply to the lifetime membership, according to one schmuck....errr player who drank the Kool-Aid....

• Winner Winner x 3
  9. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I had to laugh at the person who said on the OF "Will you guarantee that the servers will be running for the entirety of my lifetime?" lol :p

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I typed a response in that announcement thread, paused to read it, then deleted it.

If I say what I want to say, there is a 100% chance I will be banned for it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  11. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Well this means they have either decided an end date to their all access games (you never know, they may change the model and those people who paid for lifetime all access will be SOL, they have done similar things) or they need an urgent cash injection to offset something.
    This seems more related to DBG in its entirety as opposed to just EQ2.

Sounds like, you may quit in 6 months, but we will have your money for 3 years worth of subsciption.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Sort of a re-post from the other thread, since this thread is specific.

A few years back I got a lifetime subscription to LoTRO for 200$ when it was a thriving game. NO FREAKING WAY I would spend 300$ on the husk that remains of EQ2. AND they're limiting the number of sales? Have they been feeding marketing lead paint chips?

Also, wasn't it around 2 years ago they offered a year subscription for 75$? Now it's 200$? So full price+ and they justify the cost increase with a tacky 'bonus' item. (a full price year sub is only 180$, BTW)

Since I played last, ESO added 6 and 12 month options to their subscription - 78$ and 140$ respectively. Which comes out to 13$ and 11.50$ per month, because they give you a DISCOUNT for multi-month subs (and bonus crowns for buying larger packs. yes. I love my fluff. -makes whale noises-)

This is just... I don't really have words for it. The sad part is, a few folks will actually fall for it.

Addendum: I also wanted to add, that since I started back in ESO halfway through October, I have gotten the following cash shop items, just for logging in - haunted cat vanity pet, 6 reaper's harvest loot crates. November - psijic bear cub vanity pet, 2 scalecaller loot crates, Murkmire DLC (subscription required). December will bring 2 New Life appearance hats, and a glowgill guar mount. All of these things are unlocked for all characters on an account. This is addition to various sorts of in game currencies (pvp coins and the like) as well as craft trait research reduction scrolls and assorted consumables.

What did DBG offer for JUST the 1 year sub (not for the lifetime as well, the mind boggles)? It smells strongly of desperation and one last cash grab.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  13. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Speaking of LOTRO, they just did a similar quantity-limited special subscription for that game as well, except it was only 1000 available and it wasn't a lifetime subscription (though they sold those in the past). They sold out fairly quickly (unsurprisingly, though some people expected them to last a while), so maybe DBG saw the success of that and decided to get a cash infusion before the end of their fiscal year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

I knew the latest expansion sales was bad since the amount of zones open was 50% less then last year... They must really be lacking the numbers for the last quarter.... I hope siggy, siren and the rest of the bubble gnomes buys atleast 2-3 of those lifetime subs each....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

BE QUICK GUYS, ONLY 4000 AVAILABLE!!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. stach

stach Member

Remember this is for all the games, so I see some going to DCUO as there are still players and content for that. But the year "DEAL" is total crap, especially when they did it for like 80 a year a couple years ago.

and if you buy a year out right right now its 119 a year. and with that and your 500 dbc you get 6k dbc already, so the cost of a flying horse is like 2000 dbc and the armor sells for another 2k, that leaves you 2k and that is one 40 day reasearch.

BUT it gets better if you bought the 119 a year and then took the rest of the money or 80 dollars and bough dbc with that you would end up with the same amount of stuff.

So in the end your getting the boost and about 60 days of research for 199. Which is a complete rip off.

the lifetime is just gambling, I have better stuff to spend 300 bucks on.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

No rush then. That's at least 2 per player. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

*For the life of the participating game(s).

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. azulkb

azulkb New Member

you still need cash for ascension, familiar, merc, and infuser, krono the only way for finish collectible, etc......
    you still need work inside repetitive task hundred hours before enter in raid
    last year, before i stop, subsription was nothing for me. Cash need for stay a good dps is the real extravaganza... but they've past the point of no return, for that. I doubt this game stay alive 2 years, but when a company practice layoff in Christmas, the *For the life of the participating game(s) is a cynical prevision.

daybreack is one of the most hated studios. the remaining players are because they can not resolve to abandon after 10 years an avatar and friends. The main source of income for this studio is to exploit this aspect. The worst social in mmo, this is what keeps alive the studio.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Totally expect my post on the OF to be deleted as well.

I mean, all I did was point out the obvious reasons why the incentives to DBG for doing this only makes sense if the remaining horizon is short.

That was unconstructive.

Edit: I am astounded that people are purchasing this nonsense.

I mean, I know people can do some pretty dumb stuff, but this..................just defies even a base level of common sense.

Oh well, it's their money...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2