1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

DBG to announce a new game

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Dizzy, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Hells, I only ever watched most of the streams later here on the Wire. It seems they don't quite comprehend people work for a living, and live on other than Pacific Time...

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I usually just wait until someone puts it on youtube.

Edit:
    The Massively comments just keep getting funnier :)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I haven't seen an enthusiasm gap this big since the 2016 presidential campaign.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

reddit is in about the same shape as Massively.

I don't remember where, but I did read one title that amused me; BattleQuest Royal w/Cheese.

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Reading them now - some are very funny indeed! And nope, not a lot of enthusiasm to be had.

One of the funniest comments:

"In other news, Daybreak is cancelling their new game on Friday"

People just don't have a lot of faith in DBG for some reason...

• Agree Agree x 8
  6. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Y'know, at some stage one would think that the fact that your brand is a bad joke would probably suggest that, hey, you're making some incredibly bad decisions of late. Or you'd think, hey, this company I just bought is an absolute clownshow dumpster fire. And consequences would ensue.

I D I O T S.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Neiloch

Neiloch Member

I can. People still give them money for their live products where any doubt or hope can be crushed almost immediately by playing them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

PS Arena....

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

Yup. :rolleyes:

10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I love how they tried to spin this as a stand alone title. Then....

"Well, we're a small team, and we actually sit in the same area as the PS2 folks sharing tech....."

Could have said, "Yeah, we're just trying to sell you PS2 BR mode as a seperate title"

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

upload_2018-12-13_11-0-13.png

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

So in hindsight and having watched the live stream, I guess I was incorrect (shocking!) - - it was not "Legends of Norrath 2: Revenge of the Loot Cards"

And while I have little, okay no, interest in Planetside or an Arena of it - - there was a takeaway I did have from the video

I thought the stream was very well done and presented well. Sarah did a great job hosting and acting as moderator. The team members from Planetside were excited to be there and talk about their work. They all were knowledgeable about what they wanted to talk about, even having a slide-bar agenda for the viewers. They didn't ramble, they didn't "umm and ahh" their way through, they didn't say "that's cool" over and over and over, and it didn't have the feel that they were just winging it.

The Daybreak staff who participated showcased their new title very professionally, but still with enough lightheartedness and excitement about it.

I think the EQ2 team could take-away a few things from watching this for their own future live-streams as this is something I've felt they haven't done well at in the past.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

While the game doesn't overly excite me, it was very nice to see Devs with PASSION for their game.

In particular "If we dont enjoy the game, why should we expect customers too?" - A lesson EQ2 Devs could learn from.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Neiloch

Neiloch Member

It's because they are bullshitting you even more than the EQ2 team, believe it or not. That isn't passion, thats lying employees trying to keep their jobs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well for me, the funny part was watching the "viewing" or whatever stat deteriorate once people saw what it was.

The chat log was brutal.

Look, I've got no issue with the staff on this one. Those folks are miles above the eq2 folks in terms of the way present themselves to us, even if they knew this was little more than a gimmick.

I'm just laughing at DBG for doing what DBG does.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Soooo, let me see if I have this right:

They're taking a title that was never all that popular and re-tooling it into a format they've already failed spectacularly in.

This is supposed to... what?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Bring in microtransaction money on the cheap.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Wait, wait......let's revisit this history.

They had H1Z1, and then they spun off BR mode as a stand alone title, and promptly lost the market. Well, they not only lost the market, they got obliterated.

Now, we have PS2.........and with BR is everywhere?

This is just a clumsy attempt at a quick cash grab.

Edit:

Anyone want to bet that Longdale has been working on something similar, and that the incoming pvp event server is meant to lure back the attention of the pvp crowd in anticipation of its release?

Reckless speculation, I know. But DBG....

If this is indeed the case, and this PS2 BR thing flops, well, she may be out of luck.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
  19. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I hope that DBG Management read the chat log as they could do with some enlightenment :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I read the release article on Massively, and skimmed the comments.

They're opening with 'early access' buy in...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Shocked Shocked x 1