1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

DBG to announce a new game

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Dizzy, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

but...

they just fired so many people...

Mythic made DAoC in like 2 years with a couple of million dollars and a couple of dozen people.

This is not almost 20 years ago. DBG is not the talent Mythic had back then. MJ and company are not leading their troops. They don't even have that much support from the greater community...

...and they just fired so many people.

Makes total sense to me!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I'll take $1,000 on Planetside 2: Battle Royale

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Judging by the comments to that article, peeps are ahhh, thrilled?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Imagine if they stopped pumping out titles until their current ones makes enough of a profit to stop firing people and THEN invest in expanding the buisness.

What a wild idea!

• Like Like x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I need to ponder a proper response for this. I've already used up my swear words for the week.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  7. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Somehow, I imagine the Twitch stream isn't going to have all that many people watching it.

8. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Now that is funny.

Someone on the reply chain there at massivelyop said "At least it's not crowd-funded"... Considering all of the scams now in Crowdfunding, maybe DBG should make a skunkworks and actually put it on Indiegogo... Could probably net a fast million or two, and then just make the skunkworks vanish.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I admit, I too was more or less at a loss - just sat there staring at my phone, trying to process the absurdity of it all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Feldon

Profits of at least $150 million from EQ, EQ2, SWG, DCUO, and PS2 were invested in expanding the business. That money was spent on The Agency, FreeRealms, EQNext/Landmark, and H1Z1: Just Survive. Whoops.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Feldon

There is some good news though. Daybreak finally went through the 7 stages of grief about Facebook video streaming being dead (was it ever really alive?). Thursday's livestream is scheduled for Twitch.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

At this point, I am simply fascinated at watching the 0.00002215 MPH Train Wreck that is DBG.
    Seriously.
    Waiting for them to just give up and die, is like watching a sloth climb Mt. Everest.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Feldon

They're definitely running out of oxygen.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Sadly, I'm old.

I've decided I boredom doesn't suit me or benefit anyone else, and I have one more big project in me before I make my highly requested departure, so shortly, one way or another, my time is going to be too scarce to even bother watching the train wreck anymore.

It was entertaining for awhile. Now, it's just.....Jebus, Mermut must be spending a fortune on eq2.

15. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

What is your big project? Is it EQ2 related or personal?
    If it is EQ2 related, and I can get it reloaded, I'll give you my stuff :p

I'm in the "Old" category, I think. I am old enough to have been employed full time when Ultima Online was in beta.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Eh. It's likely a 20 year project. It's a big one, but it will be far more fun than harassing DBG :)

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  17. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

You must come here and share. -nods-

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I remember the first time they live streamed on facebook and I told them I refuse to use facebook and they basically said "don't let the door hit you on the way out". I never watched a facebook stream and just watched it later on youtube where I could fast forward over all the BS.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Ditto!

20. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I can't imagine anyone ever giving them money ahead of time again after Landmark.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1