1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

I Doubt The Thread Will Last...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tekka, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Absolutely everything about this thread-locking event is funny. Seriously, EVERYTHING :p.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Guys remind me not to piss off Cartman Tekka.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I commend any one still trying to reason with these individuals, but I don't feel like wasting precious brain cells on the trolls and/or bubbles any longer.

Rome is burning all around them and they are too busy being in denial or fighting with rational players to see that they are arse deep in ashes. Its funny and sad all at the same time.

I think it would be a mercy all the way around if DBG would just pull the plug already.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I also acknowledge the superiority Tekka's Bubble Gnome detection skills.

The assertion that the OF are nuetral territory proves she was correct, and she successfully got said bubble gnome to reveal himself.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  5. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Dear Feldon

We really need a hands-clapping "Bravo!" thingy for rating posts! Any chance?

The 'Agree' one is ok, but a little....lame sometimes. We really need something to indicate enthusiastic agreement.

Will send cookies...

Thanks in advance
    Rhodris :D

• Winner Winner x 5
  6. Feldon

I may have PMed someone...

Just as a person standing under a canopy may believe it is not raining, someone who gives nothing but glowing praise to the eq2 team may believe that these forums are a level playing field. In fact you are playing with an unfair advantage while those including me who have dared to express our opinions and have received an avalanche of warnings, seen hundreds of posts deleted, in my case permanently banned from Discord and have been banned from these forums for a lengthy period of time.

These "official" forums represent a sanitized version of history. Thousands of well-intentioned critiques, suggestions, and feedback towards developers have been deleted with prejudice, creating the illusion that there is near-universal support for what the company is doing these days. It is nothing short of a whitewash.

Instead of calling people coward, I suggest you step out from behind the protective barricades and bulletproof vest afforded by these official forums and try mine. This will have the added bonus of picking on someone your own size.

• Like Like x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I want to suggest that it be looked into (by more knowledgeable people than me) about starting up a free EQ2 server (like Project 1999 or the many free WoW servers available to play). Legal problems, what equipment is needed and so on. Just a thought for those who still love the game... just not the business running it. Probably best to just do the research and then consider opening it once EQ2 is shut down, but that's my 2 copper coins worth.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Feldon

I know very little about Project 1999, but my understanding is that a LOT of data was able to be sniffed through unencrypted packets between the game client and servers. This is not the case with EQ2.

Short of the graphics and sound which reside on the user's computer, everything else for EQ2 must be created almost from scratch using the current game as a guide. Any designer would have to rely on fading player memories from 10 years ago to recreate overland zones as they were with heroic groups of mobs and epic x2 and x4 roaming nameds among other things that were removed over time.

If the EQ2 team wanted to open the door to emulation, they could publish full zone population information including all NPC spells and NPC spell details to Census. It would help, but there's still all the predicates (If-then-else behavior which determines whether a vendor shows a specific item, whether you get challenge or normal mode loot for killing an NPC, how NPCs behave, where quests update, etc.) which would be a ton of effort to reproduce.

9. Feldon

Yes he actually linked back to this thread as a "conspiracy for harassment".

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Shocked Shocked x 3
  10. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Didn't someone look in to doing an EQ2 server at some point and it was decided the project would be way too much work to be feasible? I seem to remember that.

11. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

DING!DING!DING! We have a winner. Benito has taken the crown.

What a puffed up, self important twat.

Even Ummyeh had the stones to make a couple of posts here before he crumpled like a wet tissue and ran back to the protection of the OF.

Let him link to this thread in his snitch report to the CM.

In case it's not absolutely clear: I give ZERO-****S if I get banned on the OF. I'm there for the ****-show, and to occasionally let the few that don't suck know that someone outside the bubble has a bit of sympathy.

I would apologize for the profanity, but it would be insincere. If you need to edit, I understand.

Now if you'll excuse me, once I stop laughing, I have some Undaunted challenges to complete.

EDIT: I popped over to the OF, and what do I find? Benito has CC'd me into a conversation after I've told him twice - GOOD DAY. I feel like I'm getting far too much amusement out of this.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  12. Fendhar

Fendhar Member

In fact there is eq2emulator.net and the whole project made quite some progress in the last 12-24 months and they are regularly asking for folks who would love to help with it.

If anybody is interested there is a discord for that one, too.

(Don't want to derail this thread but now that it was mentioned I thought I could throw it in.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. Feldon

People are starting to feel that they can safely dismiss these forums as "EQ2 haters" instead of "people who have a genuine (potentially valid) disagreement with how the EQ2 team is running things". I would have to be pretty heavy-handed with moderation to keep us in the second group.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Feldon

To add, when I setup these forums I genuinely thought we'd attract a cross-section of people who like and dislike the game and were simply tired of overmoderation on the official forums. I hoped that we'd see both sides debated. However for the most part, we seem to be ex-EQ2 players. Going out of our way to be super polite may be wasted effort at this point I don't know.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 5
  15. RhodrisNZ

Not a EQ2-hater - far from it. I love the game, and that's the problem. Those of us here generally do. It is DAYBREAK GAMES and their attitudes/dodgy business practices that I hate.

Frankly, if we didn't love the game so much, we wouldn't give a rat's ass one way or the other. It is precisely because we do, that we try to make suggestions and point out issues. Except that this is unwelcome on the OF as all they want over there is an echo chamber.

• Agree Agree x 12
  16. RhodrisNZ

What a complete knob. Bet he is such fun at parties!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I don't speak up because I hate the game. I speak up because I care about the game and hate seeing it go down hill like this.

I can't pretend I don't dislike some of the players, though. Some of them are not so good.

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. Feldon

After further exchanges, I got a "let's agree to disagree" response from Benito so who knows. I think reporting my PM was a bold move. Let's see if it works out for him.

19. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I still play EQ2 but just as I got disgusted and refused to pay Blizzard any more money (when we had it to spare), I am getting that way finally with DBG. I still play, but almost have to force myself to play and I have yet to do anything in the new expansion other than buy some MC gear and put it on.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  20. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Yeah, I think that's the one he CC'd me in to.

I told him GOOD DAY (**** you) for a third time. Of course he had to respond again, then make a crappy 'LOOK AT ME NOT LOOKING FOR A PAT ON THE BACK AND ATTENTION' apology post.

I stand by the twat assessment.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1