1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

I Doubt The Thread Will Last...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tekka, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

2. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

Ah... I put him on ignore as he just wouldn't shut up. :p I don't always agree with you, Tekka, but I liked most of your comments in that thread. :cool:

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I know you don't always agree with me, a lot of folks don't. I appreciate that you and others look past what we don't agree on to realize we do agree about other stuff.

I think that's the major difference between here and the OF, despite our disagreements, we can still have conversations like adults - for the most part. ;)

I usually give folks a few responses before I 'Good day, Sir.' them. Which, by the way, you can't 'good day' someone after they've already 'good day'd' you first. Geeze. Learn the interwebs people!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Everytime I post something over there, Tekka sends me the following pm:

"You are an idiot, Fuli".

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  5. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I'm either too reasonable or too boring to get those kind of responses :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Awww, you got your very own Bubble Gnome!(tm)

I always knew this day would come. -wipes a tear-

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Dunno. Jury is still out on that. If he's up to the challenge, he's furiously trying to understand prospect theory atm. That's just the starting point, but hey, if he wants to learn about why and how people do dumb stuff, and how companies like DBG exploit it, then I'll send him as many pm's as he wants.

Note that I do not believe the eq2 team has the slightest clue about BE. I believe they just adapt any popular manipulation techniques that help them sell crap quality.

Edit:

OK, it's time to take this matter beyond Google search responses. I suggested he meet me here, as he seems to like having an audience.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

It is possible to change my mind. I've said it often and I firmly believe it: I'd rather be correct than right.

You gotta bring the receipts, though. Assertions and posturing doesn't cut it.

I'll be curious to see if he takes you up on your offer, and follow the conversation.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  9. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

A few posts made by two different people in the last day or two really smell a lot of wiki reading and google searching to me, but what do I know. I dropped out of college to party with strippers and what not. I should have stayed off of the OF.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Bet you had fun though. Nothing wrong with attending the University of Life!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

And Siren just perfectly illustrated what Fuli and Cast were talking about.

I'd give her props, if I thought she did it on purpose.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I've felt sorry for Siren in the past. They seem both arrogant and not very bright, and that can make life hard. I feel more sorry for the people in their life, but also for them a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I see that my friend has made no attempt to meet me here.

But at least he's now supporting his in depth understanding of maketing and consumer behavior with wiki links.

Legit.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I should just write "Eventually Daybreak is going to run out of saps."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

As Instapundit would put it, "Faster, please".

16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

More likely they will reach the point where the economics reveal there aren't enough bubble gnomes and suckers to fund Longdale and Valee's salaries.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Yeah, I think he's turned out to be one of them there 'smart trolls'.

[​IMG]

He's trying to pull the wiki link thing with me on logical fallacies. Should we warn him how well that will work out?

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

AWWWW!

Ummyeh is back! My favorite Bubble Troll(tm). All this time he's been silent, I figured he'd found a different bridge to hide under.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Nah. Ride the fun train, Sister!

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Hey guys, in case you didn't know, EQ2 forums are neutral ground.

As the thread is locked less than 5 minutes later.

I would think it's kind of sad that puffed up trolls like Benito and Ummyeh don't have the intellectual honesty, not to mention the spine to present their position in a place where those they attack can make an adequate response - but it's too hilarious to watch.

This is what happens when you don't feed your kids gluten and peanuts. You end up with cowards that are weak of character with the intellectual prowess of a lemming.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1