1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Chaos Descending - Where is the content?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Daaaaave, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Daaaaave

Daaaaave Member

Pros:
    The zones are looking awsome.

Cons:
    The overlands and instances are copy and paste.
    The overland are an optical illusion, they are looking bigger than they really are.
    Even the last dungeon on signature is an old copy.

The resolve gating mechanics are horrible.
    Bulwark of Order is the worest mechanic since years (maybe ever).

The expansion has 30+ unique quests, all solo of course.
    Every starter zone has more quests.

Compared to old questlines the adventure signature is more than disappointing.

So far, i have not seen ANY heroic content.
    This is the first expansion without any heroic content (if you count the PoP mount-grind as content).

Do they really think they can satisfy players with 12 month grind of heroic instances (and maybe raids)?

Recap after the first month:
    Nice looking but bloodless.
    Worst expansion ever.

What do you think?

2. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Is there really so much copy and paste? I barely noticed any in the livestream but I guess they would've went out of their way to avoid showing it.

3. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

I didn't even make it through the sig line. All of my new box gear that was WAY better than what I had been wearing is terrible in the new content already. And the grind to get to heroic stats is monumental.

Destiny 2/Skyrim is much more engaging right now. In my new man cave. I'm not standing around half the night 'looking for group' in Destiny 2, I just get thrown in with other people and we do stuff and the zone dies.

4. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

From what I hear, the best thing to do heroic wise;

Buy X amount of rares for 22 slots of MC gear.
    Buy recipe books, or find suitable crafter.
    Craft full set of gear, Infuse, reforge using potency 'Bug/Feature/Exploit'

After that, you have better gear than you'll get in any t1 zone, and a lot of T2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention that you don't actually have to buy the rares. There is a long list of harvesting gear and potions that one can acquire to help improve the chances of getting rares. Then it's just a simple matter of harvesting them.

But, buying them on the broker is fine.

Also, might want to have a few extras. Experimentation and whatnot.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Do you have such a list? Perhaps a wiki article of some sort? I'm intrigued!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

No, there's a list up on the forum somewhere. I have a vague feeling that it might even have been put together by Siggy ...

8. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Nay, Siggy is all about using useless manastones, useless potions, useless pretty much everything.... All of which was valid through ToV, but with KA/PoP/CD do, well, essentially zero.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I would like to say that I'm at a loss for words, but it'd be more accurate to say that I shouldn't say the words I have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I had to respond. I shouldn't have, but I did.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

I was looking at this, and a full reforging might net 600 potency, that isn't going to cut it. Maybe I missed something.

13. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I read that far. And took a copy before the report and deletion :)

14. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Hate to burst any bubbles but ...

Comprehensive Tradeskill Equipment List | EverQuest 2 Forums

:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

16. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

People are taking me so seriously lately. Firstly Mermut this morning, and now Fuli thinking I wasn't just trolling :D

17. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

This is the interwebs, sir. It is srs. bsns.

18. stach

stach Member

whats the Bug/Feature/Exploit??? Not that I am playing anymore but always like to know :)

19. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Reforging any stat into potency, no matter what amount, causes potency to heavily inflate on items.

Adding 1 potency via reforging, can add upwards of 300+ potency to an item. Probably something to do with spaghetti code of Infusing, Reforging and Experimenting.

20. Caam

Caam Member

The item needs to be MC and have at least one round of potency experimented on it from what I understand. I guess a bug in the code that handles stats when the item is experimented is inflating the reforge. Plus, the infusion cap on potency has been raised and you can cash infuse 400-500 potency per item. I have seen some MC items that start with around 2700 potency end up around 4400 when everything is done. This experimentation/reforge bug has been around for a long time. People were doing it in the early PoP days.