1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EverQuest II: Chaos Descending Expansion Announced

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

At least DBG are consistent.

TLE -

Absolutely 0 ****s were given to itemisation & other aspects.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Now I bet they wish they had taken better care of their tradeskillers/decorators. I think many of us have left and we were probably one group that spent a good bit in the cash shop on houses and decorations.

It's funny after I initially quit, I went back (long time ago) and tried to see if I would enjoy ONLY decorating. I started on a house I had that I had never decorated before and immediately ran into issues and realized I would have to use the layout editor (3rd party tool) to even have a chance of doing what I wanted. I thought you know this just isn't fun and re-quit. It took me about 30 minutes do decide even that just wasn't fun anymore.

I'll admit LOTRO's house decorating has a lot to be desired but at least it pretty much works as intended 99% of the time and I have way more fun playing the adventure/quest side of the game. For me decorating is fun, but I don't want to decorate in a game I don't otherwise enjoy playing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Artars

Artars New Member

Left the game earlier this year, but I've occasionally checked in on things to see how it is all going. Optimist me, maybe DBG will finally get their **** together. Won't ever go back to how it was, but maybe just maybe, ya know?

Read about the 12 days of frostfell junk...

As I answered on the forums before I'm sure it will be deleted there - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Wow, that's - yeah. LOL

4. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

My brain doesn't do maths, or conversions. Does that work out to be more or less than the 350$ and 400$ guild halls?

5. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I thought of those, but those are intended to be a multi-person purchase. Still $29.50 for a sparkle pony you don't actually own is:

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

It's around $50 for the house when the rest top out around $13.50. They also wanted $50 for the recipe book that gave you waterfall building blocks in the expansion. You had to fork over for the collectors edition to get that. Decorators have wanted them for years and tend to buy higher level expansions anyway to get silly things. I declined on the expansion completely again so that's 2 lots of $$$$$$ they've lost from me now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

That is just... really disappointing. Expected, I mean SoE started the house and builder's pack with expansion upgrade before they sold out. Still disappointing.

I fell for it a few times, for the house, but once for the blocks when KA went on sale.

Then I remembered I get all of that for free, plus 10 times more in Rift. Man I hope they make it though their current troubles, for the sake of decorators.

At the moment I'm playing ESO, and while there's stuff I don't like about gameplay and the cash shop, it's the best of the bunch (with the most legs under it) for what I want to do.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The whole Frostfell thing is really bugging me.

These events are just silly and fun holiday events, and a way to collect neat little costumes, house items, etc.

Now they've gone and contaminated the event with pricey cash shop buys that includes loot boxes.

I mean sheeze......is it really so hard to to leave these events unmolested and give peeps a break from all the cash grabbing?

At this point, I don't know if moves like this are being driven by greed or desperation, but I do know it's (for me at least) incredibly ugly.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
  9. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I'm going to go with greed and a lack of imagination. It doesn't matter, though, because I'm not giving them any money no matter what the reasons are. If someone sets my house on fire I'm not going to give them a pass just because they did it trying to kill a spider for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ruckus

Ruckus Member

Frostfell has turned into retail "end of year" shopping that starts around Black Friday and doesn't end until the start of the new year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

Simpsons did it first...

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Eh. Christmas has been Sell-mas for years. Was only a matter of time before it creeped into the games, especially given the absolutely retarded level of money-grubbing going on these days. Pisses me off to no end.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Zorvan

Zorvan Member

D-BaG would make so much more money if they adopted ESO's monetization strategy instead of their convoluted milk-em-dry-while-taking-stuff-away strategy. Players would be happier as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Heck, take some tips from Star Trek Online. That game is fun, and playable for free though the good stuff is Pay to Win and yet there are hundreds of people playing that!

16. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I have a LTS for STO and never use it. Not because the game is bad, but because it doesn't come off as very casual friendly to me and I don't want to invest most of my time and energy playing into to. I do recall some of the cash shop itemization being more aggressive back in the day.

I probably have about 22k zen or whatever the currency is saved up at this point, hmm.

17. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I play for free. Have one lvl 65 (max I think) Admiral and some other lower level ones and my 65 hasn't done half of the mission quest/story lines. There are some missions that I cant do but I found out how to bypass them to continue on. Lots of P2W but I just ignore them and play to have fun. I haven't joined a fleet (guild) since im very casual. Only grouped once when I needed help with a mission before I found out how to bypass it. He was a uber player so we got it done. I still log on occasionally. Love playing as the romulans though I do have an orion female working with the Klingons.

18. Semisus

Semisus New Member

Things are going so great they now include lifetime subs!
    Daybreak Winter Extravaganza!

"But don't wait, because these WILL sell out."

right...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

So the game has to last more than 18 months for a lifetime sub to be cost effective. Who wants to work out the odds? :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

If Ttobey is right about another expansion, it will last at least that long.