1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Other Games....

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Fuli, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

FYI--there's a lot of hate being spewed at Fallout 76 right now...that said, I'm enjoying it (and will even more once the lag issues get resolved). Are there bugs? Duh, it's a Bethesda joint, that's a given. Is it for everyone? Nothing ever is. 80% of the hate is the clash between people's (probably quite unrealistic) expectations and the actual reality of the product.

That said, this carebear is having a blast roaming around post-apocalyptic West Virginia. I hope to group at some point, and may even PvP on occasion, but for now I'm happy to just poke around the ruins, gather scrap, and keep working on my amazingly mobile shack and grounds!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I remember when I got my hands on Daggerfall while it was still newish and was freaking out at how unplayable the game was. My roommate had me download what was, for the time, a giant patch and the game was great from then on. Thus, Bethesda has always been and always will be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

• Shocked Shocked x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Wait, didn't that billionaire doctor just 'partner' (buy rights to) some of DBG's stuff, including the H1Z1 team, a few months back?

And now it's cancelled/folding?

Color me surprised.

Maybe that's why they're putting some actual effort into their older titles this go. It's gotta suck when the FOTM cash cow's milk runs dry.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, that league is folding.

The new guy was gonna build some new esports facility near his LA Times property (or something like that)??

The one that closed was poorly thought through and organized.

Side Note: Didn't Mrs. Whats-Her-Pickle Sr. Executive In Charge Of Marketing get shown the door right after the big hoo-hah opening event in Vegas that, well, failed?

6. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

OMG! Why are so many people logged in to ESO right now?! Don't these people know it's an American holiday? Don't they know they're supposed to be busy doing other things instead of playing the game?!

:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

9. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

This was interesting but more of a Pantheon promotional video than really focusing mostly on the similarities or differences. Again the force grouping is a deal breaker for me. I know I'm probably strange but I prefer to mostly solo or duo my way through an MMO at this point in my life and I enjoy having the option to group but I don't want to have to group.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I've watched some of his videos and found them interesting, but I wasn't impressed by the Pantheon video. I don't think Pantheon will flop, but I do think there will be a lot of people learning the lesson of being more careful about what they ask for. We'll see.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm with you there. I enjoy grouping.. but I also enjoy not having to group all the time.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Same with me - I don't like having to group (prefer solo or duo).

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Agreed, I think people will find walking up hill both ways in the snow isn't as fun as they remembered.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I wouldn't mind it as much if I could at least find a group that could get things done. I don't mean just blowing through in no time, I mean not take two hours for an instance with loads of down time and continual re-fiddling with everything. That happened way too often the last few years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

That's a result of the game being so complicated with so many overlapping incomplete systems. It was bad enough when I couldn't understand what the item and spell windows were telling me. Now I can't trust what little information is there to be accurate or even truthful.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

:(

17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I was watching an alpha earlier this year. The dev's were contested dungeon crawling with a streamer.

Took about 7-8 min to kill a 3 member trash mob group, with the other two having to be mezzed. The mob was some kind of a shirtless brigand with no weapons.

The animations were as slow as the fight.

• Shocked Shocked x 3
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Oh, and after about 45 min of trash, the group wipes on a mini-boss...........and they have to spend 20 min sneaking back to their corpses

Disclaimer: I might be remembering that wrong in terms of time, but I remember the corpse run, and I remember thinking "Sheeze, this is taking forever...

• Shocked Shocked x 2
  19. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I hope the 5,000 people who find that fun is enough to support keeping Pantheon running.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

You gotta be kidding me. No way would I tolerate that. I don't have time to get that little done in a freaking game. I suspect that's true for most people.

• Agree Agree x 5