1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Gear Up Level Up Bonus... weekends only?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Mermut, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

For undisclosed reasons, the bonuses this year are ONLY Fridays-Sundays
    (The Gear Up, Level Up Bonuses Continue!)

So.. for those that work weekends.. you're SoL

*shakes head* I can't even imagine who would think this is a good idea...

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I don't understand this decision. At all. It costs them nothing to run the bonuses for week, as they have for years and years - and customers now have this expectation.

All this will do is aggravate what little remains of their player base.

I mean, if that's the goal... good job.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I suspect this is a carrot to lure the "casuals" back for the beta promotion, with "reasoning" that the people playing during the week are going to show up anyway, bonuses or not.

Knowing how those guys operate, it's probably some kind of attempt to get people playing on the weekends so the servers have the appearance of being healthier than they actually are. As usual, no substance, just manipulating appearances to grab a few extra pre-order bucks at the expense addressing the real underlying problems.

Just another illustration of how grossly ignorant they are of any basic relationship management principles.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

If they were trying to lure people back to buy the expansion then the event wouldn't be sub only.

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

You are using common sense and reason.

We error when we assume DBG understands anything but knee-jerk, short view, poorly thought out, manipulative actions.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

"We have an objective, it is this -> * ."

"Ok, but..."

"Nothing else matter so long as we meet the objective. Remember it -> * !"

"Yes, but..."

"I don't care what it is that you have to do or who it is that you have to do it to. Remember the objective -> * ."

"Ok, so..."

"Why do you insolent little toads keep interrupting me? If you had options or a spine you wouldn't still be here. Just do as I say!"

"But, Sir?"

"What?!"

"What exactly is the objective?"

"Oh, you mean this -> * ? It's my puckered butthole. Make sure everyone proverbially kisses it with praise and all the coin you can nab while I'm still interested enough to care about signing your paychecks."

"Dude, that's pretty f'ed up. We're on it."

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Sounds like a direct quote from Blackadder!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

They know anyone that cares is already playing, this is just for 'alts'. lol

Last time, I fell for this "you CAN catch up", now I know is bull. Enjoy peeps! And Good Hunting!

• Agree Agree x 3