1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Why I may get banned soon

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Pouncer, Jun 3, 2018.

1. stach

stach Member

Yeah mine again, and no warning or anything, I am getting sad :( I guess they don't want a competitor advertised on their site

2. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

It took me three years as well before I finally let go. My doubt started to happen as soon as it went FTP and the cash shop rolled out on all the servers. I could see more updates for things to buy then fixes coming to the game. I did as you, stuck it out.. just watching everything just get worse and worse. I finally quit a few months before DBG took over... STILL I keep track on what is going on, even though all the friends I had (except 2-3) are long gone from the game. I loved this game, it meant so much to me during a hard period in my life, that is why I still keep checking if things gotten better.... They haven't... they have gone much much worse.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Untitled.png

I just noticed something weird.

I cancelled my sub somewhere around April of last year. However, I noticed my OF badge still shows me as an all access member. I went into my account to disable it, and I can't find the option to do that.

Am I missing something, or, is this DBG playing games with appearances again?

Note: I generally dink around on these forums on my phone, and I just never noticed the badge until I was on my lap top today.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  4. Inyala

Inyala New Member

The displayed badges don't automatically update. If you enabled the all access badge when you were still subbed, it will stay there until you update the badges again.

5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Lol. I'm not getting warnings these days, they just keep deleting my posts.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Writing warnings would slow down on the deleting of posts they do, don't you know?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not violating any rules. Just saying things they don't want on the forums.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

They can delete, ban, and advertise until the cows come home, but it is all a little to late. None of it is going to repair DBG's damaged reputation and they have no one to blame but themselves.

I can only surmise that player numbers for both EQ1 and EQ2 must be alarmingly low to the point that they feel driven to spend money on advertising.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Or "prove" to the US government that they still are a business out to make money rather than be a shell corporation for a suspected foreign businessman...

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  10. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

If you look in to some of the more lulzworthy and cancer inducing corners of the internet for gaming information it won't take long to discover a lot of people who really dislike DBG and are ready to blame them for everything from faking the moon landing to being Jack the Ripper. Some of it is hold over bad feelings from SOE, but DBG had done plenty on their own to sour the taste in people's mouths. That's part of why I get so annoyed with some of the people on the official forums who keep talking up the game as if there is no bad reputation to get beyond. I have to assume that either they're clueless, stupid, flat out lying, or some combination of the three. No option is good there. I'm also sick of having posts disappear, getting warnings, or being suspended again, though, so whatevs.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Also... before they advertise they should fix their buggy crashing client. Imagine being a new customer and the first impression of a game you get is that the client is either crashing or not even working. You scratch your head for a while and head to the official forums and ask for help. There you are met with Siggy who gives advice like it was 1995:

1 - Reboot
    2 - Validate files
    3 - Reinstall

I personally would say F this and uninstall and never look back....

Edit: I have not rebooted my computer in over 3 months (I use it for different calculations during the night) and have zero issues with crashes in the games I currently play (path of exile and guild wars 2).

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
  12. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I do encourage new players and try to help them, but I, too, am not pleased with EQ2. Its my friends (old and new) that keep my playing, not the game itself, anymore. But it has always the friends that make the game so much more fun, for its the memories of the fun we had that will keep me warm at night for years to come, not the virtual loot that I picked up. Though the joys of getting my epics have always been a nice memory.

13. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Or put in a petition or support ticket, assuming everyone is All Access and not F2P (who don't get support and cannot petition).

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Or that there's a support department left to respond to tickets ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, it appears someone decided to delete the entire warden nerf thread.

Why even bother? By the the time they did, it had nearly fallen to page 2.

That company is a case study in how to fail. Ego-defensive, fearful, manipulative, deceptive, company focused instead of customer focused, crap quality, and wholely uninterested in putting in the work to address the real problems.

The younglings are going to be in for a shock when they find themselves working for a legit business. Lots of attitudes to correct and bad habits to break.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  16. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Probably reported by Sigdafria, or her mini self Breanna.

Nobody is allowed to say anything negative.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I fully expected them to delete my pompous and preachy posts, but the entire thread?

"Move along folks, give us your money because all is well!"

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Pouncer

Pouncer New Member

I got my first warning for "trolling", probably from that thread. I called out the dev fluffers for tone policiing (obviously I didn't call them fluffers there). That was probably what did it, but I asked them to tell me specifically what I said that was trolling. I know they probably won't tell me but doesn't hurt to ask.

19. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Heh.. I seem to have (temporarily) joined the cool kids who get hit by the ban hammer.. though in discord for me.
    I made a comment, went about my other business, came back a few hours later to find no EQ2 channel for discord.. no message as to why.. just no channel.
    Got an invite back wondering if it was an accident or something... went back to the priest channel and noticed my last post was gone... so I figure it must have been my comment about the priest archtype rune that 'earned' me the ban:

"Priests are explicitly exempt from the buff on the priest adorn... apparently we're not good enough for our own buff... or something"

I'll be burning kittens in the street next, no doubt! :p

Note: Priests ARE explicitly excluded from the buff that lands on everybody they heal... it lists the buff and has the further message 'if target is not a priest'. And there is a screen shot right above where my post used to be...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  20. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

Heh... I saw that post. I did not find it offensive in the least (I play healers a lot).

• Agree Agree x 2