1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf to dragon AA wards?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Alarra, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

So am I... but im in the Casual category! :D

2. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I have become a casual player over the years and for me it means that I don't grind very much.

I play the game for the story and as soon as I start to grind or see the skinner box I will find something else to do. Needless to say I play a lot of game and don't finish that many but I am a sucker for quest/rpg based games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I pass for a Knowledgeable Raider? That's kinda sad...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I knew some kind of a nerf to Maelstrom was coming at some point.

Ever since the potency bloat started kicking in during ToT, it's arguably the most powerful healer ability in the game.

5. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Pretty much. Its had what, 2 full years of being very powerful? Since Scourge Zek zones potency influx.

6. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the EQ2 devs don't seem to understand moderation... every change is an extreme change (or so small as to be unnoticable)
    OP before? let's make it totally worthless now.
    The thing is, the mana drains (and incoming damage) are CLEARLY 'balanced' around the abilities as they existed before the nerf. But they're only changing the player abilities and leaving the mob abilities unchanged. As a former software tester, that behavior is unfathomable.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

I actually took a peek back at EQ1, and I have to say, they are doing things there that people are coming back for.
    -- They made crafting absolutely worth while, and near raid drop stats on crafted gear.
    -- They are constantly making beneficial changes to every class; if not actual balancing, fixing issues that have been around forever
    -- They have made the game run about 5 times smoother then it did just a few years ago, even on the old engine
    -- Clothing and appearance items look good
    -- Lag has been virtually eliminated, even in the guild lobby in PoK (really aided by adding a character option to hide anyone afk).
    -- Zoning times have been drastically improved
    -- The Forums are actually active, mostly constructive, and mostly pleasant, Even With Roxxlyy there; go figure.

Why are they doing so well with EQ1, and an absolute 180 for EQ2?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Because EQ2 has Kander & Co. giving Mos Eisley a run for its money as a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

They could write a bestseller: How To Effectively Kill An Amazing Game For Dummies

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Charryna

Charryna New Member

Speaking of EQ1 - I saw a blip for a new reboot for it (EQ Reborn) on my Facebook feed this week. Looks like a new project like P99. Here's the website - Home
    They're starting with vanilla and progressing through Velious and stopping there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I wish them good luck, but I think I would try P99 first... ONCE EQ1 dies.

12. Charryna

Charryna New Member

If I had the ability to play online games I'd give it a shot (satellite internet) - I have some friends that play P99 and they often comment how toxic the populace is, and even though it's supposed to be illegal, people box/bot etc. Plus the Sleeper is still asleep and there is shiny stuff available for a limited time! But I also don't know that I could handle those graphics anymore lol. I quit EQ2 probably a year and a half ago and did play EQ1 for a while again, but it's just too much to slog through with all the levels, and AA, and millions and millions of plat. The only thing I could really handle was the progression servers, but I stopped being willing to give DB my sub money.

13. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

I can only imagine what kind of wonderful people you'd find on an almost 20 year old game that's dedicated to staying as "classic" as possible -- pretty sure they're the same ones that crawl out of their cellars once every few years to hiss at other games that they've never played, then slink back into the darkness. Even EQOA had ample (generally awful) ultraboxers who'd pay $105 a month to play an MMORPG by themselves. Personally I don't understand either scenario, but then I always make sure never to forget that games are games.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

This is such a good description for how I played except I never cared about parses. :) And I liked decorating, seasonal events, and harvesting materials back when that was still a meaningful thing to do.

15. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I'm some combination of the last two - Casuals and Decorators/Crafters. Or was I should say since I no longer play.