1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf to dragon AA wards?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Alarra, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

It's not your imagination and it's going to negative affect all levels of game play in PoP.

In solo content, non-healers are going to need healer mercs to have ANY chance of staying alive.. and healers are going to clear content even slower...

Basically if your healer doesn't have wards, your group is going to be spiking all over the place and probably dying.
    In heroic content, some named mobs have unblockable pulsing damage the hits from 60-80m per pulse.... With personal wards, druids and inquisitors could still heal... w/o this kind of serious nerf to personal wards...
    Well, I hope people like the taste of dirt :(

Combine this with the nerf to the defiler's power feed...
    They've made a massive change to the positioning of the goal posts and I don't think ANY player is going to enjoy it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I guess the game is not dying of fast enough for the designers so they need to hasten the process that way they can move off onto the new dream job /s

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I am starting to seriously wonder if they are indeed trying to sabotage the game. I can think of no other reason why they would make such terrible decisions, making the game smaller and smaller, and more and more restricted.

Unless they are also going to bring out a bauble or potion on the marketplace that takes the place of the ward/heal for those doing heroics/experts.....hmmm.....watch this space, methinks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

No, they are just trying to make it difficult for top end and it rolls down hill. People are probably still soloing (or duoing) heroics and they are trying to stop that.

Where if they would just make it so the loot drops were based on the number in the group that problem would solve itself. 0-2 , no loot drops, 3 treasured, and the best gear requires 6 in a group. etc

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

This is just business as usual for these people.

Rather than roll up their sleeves and address the root of the problem, they slap a poorly thought out band aid on the symptoms because it's easier for them (right now).

The Georgeson Legacy is alive and well!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

These idiots ALWAYS balance to the extreme upper end with no thought to consequences to the rest of the player base.

ALWAYS.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

What do you do when there is no player base :) Just wondering.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

Oh, the whales will stay for a very long time. I mean they have all the toys, who wouldn't stay?

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I agree with you, but I still think the whale supply is slowly becoming extinct. All you have to do is log in to any of the servers to see how dead they are. I literally think they are down to the bare bones of devoted players at this point. The casual player base is all but gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

What makes a 'casual' player vs a non-casual? I hear that used in so many different ways I generally h ave no idea what people mean when they say it any more.

12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Can't speak for others, but I consider a myself casual player. Here's how i describe it:

I'm not beholden to raid commitments or pvp achievements. I might log in 5x a week or 2x a month, but when i do, i want stuff to do that's fun. Solo, heroic, crafting, whatever.

I'm a good player who understands game mechanics, i like to theory craft, and i like to optimize my character, but i dont lose sleep if i dont have bis everything.

I enjoy competing on parses, but, i don't need to win it. Efficiently defeating encounters is the priority.

I would much rather play with nice people who may not the best players over asshats, no matter how good they are.

Edit: I would like to add, that as a casual player, I want reasonable opportunities to improve my character without going to the cash shop. Improvements to character power should be rewards, and I find absolutely nothing enjoyable about spending real money to do it.

And while I want the good stuff to be rare, DBG's loot table probabilities are beyond stupid for a player like me.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Fuli pretty much nailed it. I agree with him 100 percent.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

I think your post demonstrates exactly why casual is probably too broad a term to use, considering there's probably a large swathe of EQ2 players who are content to just putz around doing quests and decorating. I think you lost me as soon as you mentioned theorycrafting, lol.

15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Not disagreeing with your reply, and your point about theorycrafting is a good one because I define it a bit differently the most.

I'm not going to spend hours pouring over spreadsheet models. I like to think hard about how the mechanics work, and contemplate my own ideas about how to build my toon in a way that is fun and effective. Then I take it out and test to see how it performs.

This is one reason why i like eso and why i'm excited for aoc: there are so many unique ways to build a toon that are attainable to someone who plays the way I do.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

In my opinion, to see that the casual player base has drastically diminished, look no further than the all but non existent pugs and purs as one great example. Also, look at the reduced traffic in the chat and auction channels. Further, look at the reduced availability of items for sale on the broker of all types and the often ridiculous prices for those that are available.

I don't have an issue with any ones chosen play style, but yes, I think the games overall population is now mainly down to the raiders and decorators for the most part.

Also, I have played on all of the servers at different times of the day and night and none of them are overflowing with active players. Again, I think this is due to an increased exodus of the casual player (as described by Fuli).

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

To me there are several categories;

• Knowledgeable Raiders - The top 0.1% of the playerbase. Those who know what mechanics do, press buttons well, and min/max by choice.
    • Rich Raiders - Basically the above, but they don't press buttons as well, and rely on spending RL cash to keep up
    • Sheep Raiders - Those who raid but have no ****ing clue what they are doing. They are carried by their raid force.
    • Knowledgeable Casuals - Non-raiders who do their best to min/max without it.
    • Rich Casuals - Non-Raiders who just sell Krono and buy gear. Barely know how the game works but get to epeen in heroics due to spending $$$
    • Casuals - Non-Raiders who play to enjoy solos, heroics but don't overly care about if its efficient, as long as its fun.
    • Decorators/Crafters - Self explanatory.
    To me, DBG care about the Cash spenders most, followed by the smart raiders, then after that they kind of stop caring.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Inyala

Inyala New Member

Interesting list, which I can agree with.

What about those who raid, know all the mechanics math included, can press buttons, spend lots of time theory crafting (with spreadsheets) but in the end are too lazy to grind in-game to get all the items needed to min/max?

Or maybe because not falling in any group is a reason why I quit a year ago.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  19. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Basically me and you, then we fell into the Knowledgeable Casuals section

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  20. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

Woot! I am a 1%-er!