1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Why I may get banned soon

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Pouncer, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Tekka, you can hang out here with the cool kids! Even if they do need to get off your lawn!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

As it turns out, I got a trolling warning by Roxxlly at 12:35.

What a cowardly douche.

Anyhoo, I don't think Roxxlly even really reads things, because that is the second warning I have gotten for a post that was most definitely not a troll.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

To THEM, anyone who doesn't kiss their butt enough is a troll

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I got a personal response from Roxxxly after my initial reply to the auto-generated generic warning PM, where she said that we were starting a witch hunt.

At which point I replied again that I didn't care about the warning. I wasn't contesting the warning. I just wanted the rules to be applied equally to all posters, and Caffiend was the ONLY one that had broken the trolling and personal attack/threat rules.

That resulted in his/her post being removed as well.

Soon enough they'll have their way and 'all the mean people' will be gone.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Awwww.. I missed the thread. Alas :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. dalu

dalu New Member

I guess I'm joining the banned club for cussing the bluebie crybaby out for her stupidity and at the same time Smedley, Georgeson and all players who're unable to press 1 button to escape being corpsecamped.

7. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Where have I heard that before when someone present things that actually are true and/or factual... o_O

Soon we will get banned for "fake news" too? :rolleyes:

8. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Not the first time I've seen Trumpesque approaches from the EQ2 side of things.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Something to make you think and chuckle and fear at the same time:
    The Book: The purpose of the president of the galaxy is not to exercise power, it is to distract attention from the people who are really exercising power. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - 2005

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

"Smile and wave, boys - smile and wave" ~ the penguins, Madagascar.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I was a bad girl. Was polite but still not gonna be liked by the person. Oh well. If I get banned, so be it.

12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Eh. They give you a couple of warnings before they ban you.

Now, when....cough.....someone keeps pushing the limits even further after being warned.....because it amuses them......cough....then a ban is likely.

Edit: Btw, your post was harmless. Motherly admonishments dont get you in trouble over there :)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Thanks, that does make me feel better.

14. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

When I was banned I didn't get a warning, but that was a long time ago when Smokejumper was still around. I'm sure they handle things differently now.

15. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Woohoo! Got my first warning from Roxxlyy!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Lock It! Lock It! x 1
  16. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I've been given another 7 day vacation. It's certainly not the first, but I think it'll be the last.

I wasn't going to make an account here. I figured that when I finally walked away from EQ and EQ2 it would be for good so there wasn't a point starting up here. I still feel that way, but I thought I should clarify my position one more time before I fade away.

Long ass post inc.

I started role playing in 1981 in part to help me deal with the death of my father. I started running games for other people in about 1991 in part to help me deal with the death of my closest uncle and my grandfather slowly dying. I started playing EQ in 1998 during beta in part to help me deal with divorcing my 1st wife. So, role playing and Norrath have been fairly important to me. Not so much as escapes but as alternative ways to express and explore things I was dealing with.

I'd almost given up on Norrath by the time FTP started happening. I was playing CoH and some other games having a good time, but I came back to experience the experiment. I never blamed Georgeson for the game going FTP, just for the implementation. I stuck it out and got hooked again until Next was announced. I was excited because the people making it seemed to actually care, not because I thought they could do all of the things they promised.

I was supportive and attentive at first. It was obvious some things were off, but not anything out of the ordinary for SOE in my opinion. Then the company was sold. I was one of the people who thought it was obvious as soon as the layoffs happened that SOE was dead. DBG was a new beast and needed to prove itself. They proved they were dishonest and cheap. I've been losing respect and patience with them for about 3 years now watching Norrath collectively die. The only reasons I've hung around so long are because it's hard to let go and I thought maybe I could reason with someone, anyone, and help other people get over the inevitable. I lost any illusion that DBG would listen to us years ago.

So, anyways, I snapped a bit and ranted. I made a post effectively calling DBG liars and thieves. I got banned for excessive breaking of forum violations, which I'm sure translates into having too many people report me since no one there is capable of properly moderating anything.

What pisses me off about it is that I have literally trolled whole boards in the past. I has not liked on the Freeport forums. I've made other posters cry and had people stalking me over it. I've been threatened and harassed in PMs. I've had RadarX threaten me directly on two platforms. I've had two accounts of the 7 I've had over the years perma banned. I earned all of that. I don't regret it (Not even shaming a particular person and making them cry, she earned it. I am a meanie sometimes).

This one was just, meh. I don't know if I care enough about a dying game or an essentially dead forum to go back. So I probably won't. I might not post more here, either. I have other stuff to do that isn't... sad. I thought I would give a bit of a heads up anyways.

Have fun.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I no longer play the game. I stick around on the forums to confront dishonesty, either by Bubble Gnomes or by DBG.

I don't judge people for liking the game, but I don't let them lie or mislead either.

I admit it: I'm sticking around to be a pain in the ass to a company that treats its customers with great disrespect.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Castegyre, I supported your last post there with a post of my own. And got my first warning from You-know-who for it. I haven't read it yet, and I wont. Ill leave it unread but I know what it says. I am sorry to see you go. Not always agreed with you, but still sorry to see you go. Take care and good luck where ever you go!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

It would be a sad world if everyone agreed with me.

I might get laid more often, though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

And another post vanishes!