1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Rumors at DBG

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Mizgamer62, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

The following was posted on the EQ2 official forums. I thought it was interesting, but not all that surprising.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who are hoping for something to change, this will help you, so the sinking of Everquest will soon be sealed.

RUMOR: EverQuest 3 & Planetside 3 in Development According to Former Employee - General News

Here's what else the employee rumors to be ongoing at DGC:
    • H1Z1 will get a smaller map and a Z1 remake.
    • H1Z1 PS4 port may happen.
    • Just Survive is struggling and looking for ways to increase profit, though closure is probable.
    • PlanetSide 2 will see new animations & character models this month with a new map by year's end.
    • PlanetSide 3 is said to be in "early development" with other teams moving over to it. It's said to be a battle royale game with building aspects ala Fortnite.
    • EverQuest will get one more expack with a special series of events planned for its 20th anniversary.
    • EverQuest 2 will also get one more expack with nostalgic content to bid farewell.
    • EverQuest 3 is said to have been in development for a year and is being built from the ground up with an emphasis on battle royale. It is said to be prepping to compete with Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen
    • Nada about DCUO

Read more at https://www.mmorpg.com/news/rumor-e...ormer-employee-1000048292#b0krIWy8LpRgrkjt.99
    Now we have all a Point((((

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Not sure when that was posted but one of the first responders there is dated May 1 so its not new news. However, we all knew it was coming. Just means that if I still want to play EQ, ill join Project1999. And hopefully someone will open up an EQ2 free server somewhere... and a good one at that!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

The article was posted May 1, 2018, so pretty recent.

Below is the official article:

RUMOR: EverQuest 3 & Planetside 3 in Development According to Former Employee
    Posted May 01, 2018 by Suzie Ford
    image: https://images.mmorpg.com/images/heroes/news/48292.jpg

[​IMG]
    According to Reddit, a former Daybreak Game Company employee has dished a bunch of inside information about what was...or is...in development at the troubled studio. According to the now-deleted (but reposted) rumor, EverQuest 3 and PlanetSide 3 are said to be in development.

Here's what else the employee rumors to be ongoing at DGC:

• H1Z1 will get a smaller map and a Z1 remake.
    • H1Z1 PS4 port may happen.
    • Just Survive is struggling and looking for ways to increase profit, though closure is probable.
    • PlanetSide 2 will see new animations & character models this month with a new map by year's end.
    • PlanetSide 3 is said to be in "early development" with other teams moving over to it. It's said to be a battle royale game with building aspects ala Fortnite.
    • EverQuest will get one more expack with a special series of events planned for its 20th anniversary.
    • EverQuest 2 will also get one more expack with nostalgic content to bid farewell.
    • EverQuest 3 is said to have been in development for a year and is being built from the ground up with an emphasis on battle royale. It is said to be prepping to compete with Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen
    • Nada about DCUO
    Check out the Agnarr Reddit community to learn more.

Read more at RUMOR: EverQuest 3 & Planetside 3 in Development According to Former Employee - MMORPG.com News

4. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Pretty sure I said it somewhere else, but honestly I would be shocked if they stopped trying expansions. I can fully see them doing DLC-sized updates and trying to charge $35 for them. I mean hell, KA really wasn't that much bigger than Fallen Dynasty as far as actual content is concerned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

We were talking about that article in May. I believe the consensus was it is a clever troll.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Or a clever troll based around tiny nuggets of truth.

The sad thing is, the game/company is in such a state that every single one of the things on the list is plausible.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The best deceptions contain a seed of truth. And i agree, all are plausible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Of course, the post was removed and the rumors denied. SSDD

9. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

Of course it was deleted. They're trying to hide the truth from us. Just like the US government doesn't want us to know:
    • man walking on the moon was staged in Hollywood
    • there was no holocaust
    • aliens landed at Roswell to give the US a technological advantage over the Soviet Union
    • aliens built the pyramids, but they must be different aliens than the ones at Roswell
    • etc.
    Rumors are just that until there is some evidence. An unknown poster on Reddit isn't evidence.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

That was my reaction also. The article stated that these were rumors, not facts. With regard to the continuing downward spiral of EQ2, many of us have speculated for a while now, particularly with the unpopularity of the last several expansions, that the next expansion will likely be its last. No one can deny the rapidly declining player numbers. The factual evidence is in plain sight.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

In b4 Fabled expansion, where they just re-release SF, DOV and AOM as 'Fabled' using TLE scaling.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

That's the most depressing thing I took away from this...it's (likely) just rumour and trolling, but the fact that there are enough kernels of truth/possibility speaks volumes.

(It doesn't help that Kander has talked about PvP coming Soon, which feeds right into the "work has been happening on a Battle Royale version" bit. Like folks have been saying, just enough grains of truth to set the hook...)

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

We covered this in May. EQ and EQ2 having their last expac are believable.

• Agree Agree x 5