1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GU 107 - More rehashed trash.

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Adoninilol, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

My thought: Why?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

My thought: They're running out of zones to recycle.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

My thoughts, "I won't ever have the gear requirements to enter those zones. So who cares?"

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Like the new Shard of Hate... why do I want to kill Innoruuk and steal His loot? Just because I can? Bah. Greed may be part of your philosophy, but it isn't part of mine. I often kill the guards of Qeynos and not loot the bodies. So I can be charged with littering as well as murder... but I hope to be charged with "Drunk and disorderly" by the evening's end!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

The most amusing part is we have already had the guk zones recycled in Tears of Veeshan

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

First reaction: Oh hey, new content! <crossing fingers>

Second reaction: Darn it, another rehash.

Current mood: Sadness, mixed with disappointment.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  8. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Thoughts: Players are insane for continuing to pay for this type of uninspired crapola. Not to mention all of the other problems the game has.

9. Nolus

Nolus Member

Wow, they even talked it up with just as much excitement. I guess one exclamation point was sufficient.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

When I went back to the Guk zones to finish some quests, I was like this is like the ToV Honey bee zone.
    Then I was like, these scripts are incredibly annoying, so glad I missed it when it was current content.

And now we have the bottom of the barrel scraping content revival (can I say rubbish regurgitation?)

These zones are probably the zones everyone looks back and goes....thank goodness I don't have to do that again.

11. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

If it's fabled ZUA that's pretty hype. That zone was one of the best ones.

I really don't get why they don't do a 'Best of Fabled' each year, where they pick some of everyone's favourite zones to make fabled.

Palace of Ferzhul,
    ZUA,
    Shard of Fear,
    Elements of War,

Ok i worked it out, there has only been like 4 or 5 good instances. Amazingly none of them in like the past 5 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

What does ZUA stand for? (I'm hopeless with acronyms)

13. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

I was very surprised when I saw that they were releasing a set of Fabled zones at this time (though to be fair we don't know what zones or how many from the Guk theme are coming - Solo / Molo / AdvSolo, Heroic, Raid).

They had just recently released several layers of Shard of Hate content which it has been my observation that many players are having trouble consuming. I think there are several factors contributing to that - - the puzzle nature of spawning mobs, mobs being grouped such that can't spawn this if you have killed that, desired loot which is an uncommon drop and not smart, the need to unlock herd mode by earning all the achievements, and the hypered focus on ethereal coin chasing (which I think is the number one distraction from Hate).

So I was surprised to see even more summertime new content which could have been held off in favor of other already existing things to do to keep players "busy".

It is my assumption that "Fable-ing" zones is a relatively low-overhead effort as compared to new content. No need for new art which I believe is the most expensive step. No need for new fight mechanics - just increase the HPs and the outbound DPS of the mobs. Run the old loot through the LootMaker 9001 to prepend Fabled and increase the now normalized stats by X percent. And then "reload" and wah-la new content.

Now I am sure that is a way over simplification of what it takes, but I do imagine there is some truth buried in there.

But it makes me wonder why now - - So of course it made me put my T.F.H. on and go to work on a conspiracy theory...

Is releasing Fabled Guk an attempt to extend the runaway to the release of Expansion Next? Is putting out more low-overhead content a method to buy themselves more time and to push out the traditional release of a November based expansion???

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  14. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Was something like Zrathx's Unseen Arcanum.

Was that zone in Guk with the 5 different levels, which you could turn Challenge Mode on first named.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Granted I don't play anymore but if I did this would not excite me. I missed Guk somehow when it was current and more or less skipped it but I went back when you could jump into random dungeon instances? I have no idea but something stuck us in there periodically and I hated it. Too much stand here, jump there, wait and jump again and ugh the knock backs!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

ZUA got me a little bit of hype too, but part of the reason I liked it so much was that the loot was really good and I made a **** ton of plat selling it. I'd be surprised if the loot was an interesting now...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I think they are in a form of maintenance mode to be honest.

The amount of new content continues to shrink with each expansion released. Also, even if you make a fabled/updated version of an old zone, even one that was popular at release, how many more times can people get excited about running the same old tired content?

I know they are going to keep squeezing EQ2 for all they can monetarily until it is no longer feasible to do so, but watching the process unfold is painful and disheartening to players past and present.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Ward of Elements >> Guk

19. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Crushbone >> Guk

20. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

Hard Mode version was actually pretty tough back in the day, it was a fantastic instance added to the game that gave raiders something to do in SF other than run around in circles in guild halls or go trio the x2 zone.

The problem is every instance in the past 5 years has just been a copy paste of old instances.

• Agree Agree x 1