1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

PoP Trial Code has hosed players

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Mermut, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

That delightful 'try out PoP free for a week' promo they did has f-ed over every single account that tried it but didn't actually buy it.

First, the trial was supposed to extend THROUGH 6/7, but instead ended on 6/7

Second, all accounts (ftp or all access) that tried out PoP, are not screwed up.
    1) All accounts, including paid ones, are being treated as ftp... lossing access to all the paid perks (free fast travel, equipment sets, equipping prestige items, etc)
    2) All PoP gear on those accounts only.. have been marked prestige
    3) It has removed access to all zones after Kingdom of the Sky.... The particular account I tested with had purchased all expacs through KA.. No toons on the account can get into any zones beyond Kingdom of the Sky.

Of note: In game marketplace recognizes the account as All Access, listing the next date of free DBC, but nothing else in game recognizes the account as paid.

Somebody royally screwed the pooch on this one...

Adendum: erm... and when I logged the toon BACK in to check on AA and such...
    The account is acting like it IS paid again and access to said zones and features is restored.

But the PoP gear is still tagged as prestige.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Its DeyBroken Games... what did we expect? They are like The Miracle Phone Company whose slogan is "If your phone rings, it has to be a Miracle!" (Taken from memory of an old Woody Woodpecker cartoon from long ago)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Roxxlyy and Bunji are replying to posts about it, which I appreciate...they say to log out fully and log back in, and things should be back to normal (if they aren't, Roxxlyy said to reach out to CS and they should be able to fix it).

[​IMG]

She is also taking responsibility for the confused messaging about the end date. It sucks for folks who thought they had through today, but I do like that she is taking the bullet for this one. Kudos to her for acknowledging, apologizing for, and taking responsibility for it.

[​IMG]

(Edit: Haven't seen anything from them about the gear being labeled Prestige yet, so hopefully that's either fixed by a relog or they are working on it.)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Relogging does not 'fix' the PRESTIGE tag on all PoP gear.. even the quested 'stuff'. It seems a clear move to penalize players who are ftp and don't buy PoP. They get to keep the levels.. but their gear gets stripped...

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I posted on the OF, this smells like another ninja cash grab (The prestige part) but they royally screwed up the algorithm that checks and administers the character database.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I agree with you Shmogre, but, I still think:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

They just can't seem to help themselves.

If they were going to pull off any pop gear earned during the trial, they should have disclosed this up front.

I mean, I can understand why they would do it. But for the love of Rhodris, own it.

This bait and switch crap is just shady.

Mermut asked a direct question about this. If we hear crickets, well.......confirmed.

Perhaps we'll be pleasantly surprised and Roxanne will say the prestige thing is an error.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

I get why they wouldn't want to let PoP gear to be used by a non-PoP-enabled toon; that part makes sense to me, since the PoP access was only meant to be temporary and allowing people to gain PoP gear for free and keep using it in KA and prior content is not a good thing.

But if the gear was always meant to be temporary along with the access, then that should have been announced up front and made clear from the beginning, so it didn't come as a surprise. If it was something they didn't think of until later, it still should have been openly announced rather than slipped in.

(And it screws toons who might have destroyed/sold/muted their old gear in favor of the PoP stuff...if they had known in advance, they would have held on to the non-PoP stuff.)

Edit: Yep, what Fuli said. :p

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Here is hoping that, if the Prestige flag is indeed intended, purchasing PoP clears that flag on the gear; otherwise as Mermut pointed out in TheOtherForums, F2P folks who shell out for the expansion are still hosed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

Just that little extra help to get you to move along to another game. Be happy they are helpful for a change.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I've already got a habitat set up for the cricket's I'm expecting :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Kokorobosoi

Kokorobosoi New Member

Now this may be the concussion talking- but are we surprised? I mean really?

I’d go look on my account but my head decided my eq2 wasn’t worth remembering- thank god my phone remembered all my other passwords for me lol

• Like Like x 4
  13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Except this doesn't prevent subbed players from wearing the gear w/o the expac. It only affects ftp players

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

It really wouldn't surprise me if it was intentional, Daybreak seems to be 1000% clueless when it comes to F2P. They really should just look at how other MMOs do it and copy what they do. Daybreak seems to operate under the assumption that they're still at the front of the pack (aside from Blizzard) when in reality they're falling far behind their competition.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Buh, good point. :(

16. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Xianthia shared Kander's response on Discord about the end-time snafu...they are extending it through midnight tonight, Pacific time:

[​IMG]

I appreciate the extension, but by the time the announcement was made, there were only ten hours remaining. It would have been a good thing to extend it through midnight of the 8th (to add a full 24+ hours), and for the announcement to more directly apologize and thank people for their patience.

(I really do appreciate Roxxlyy's responses for being apologetic and direct. That is the way the messaging should be done all around...it showed a respect for the users while not trying to avoid the blame.)

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Funny thing is, they could have easily framed an offer that people could continue using their pop gear if they subscribed to a membership.

All right out in front with a feature that keys into limited availability and the desire to avoid losses, and do so in a way that people can feel fully informed.

This company just seems to be overly dependent on withholding or hiding important decision making information, and seemingly unaware of how to market their products in a way that is motivating without relying on deception.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Deception is in their cooperate culture. There might been a time when there was less of it, but it has been there in one way or another for as long as I remember.

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I am not saying this as an attack on f2p customers, but I honestly don't know why they don't just get rid of the f2p model all together.

It is one of the worst I have ever encountered. I mean you can't talk in general chat, sell items on the broker....really basic functions of the game or any game.

Its obvious they would rather people just subscribe. This incident just reinforces that for me.

They obviously aren't bringing in droves of new players with the current f2p model. Hell why not just make the game subscription only and reduce the price of the sub to say like $7.99 per/mo. or drop the monthly sub all together and just require players to purchase the game and any expansions.

With a game this old, and all of the problems it has, they really need to come up with some thing better, although it is probably to late. Just my 2 cents.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

I call your IT crowd and raise you with:

bab.jpg

:p:D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2