1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EQ2U To Do List #1

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Feldon, Sep 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Actually, them exporting Spell Skills, Defensive Skills, Offensive Skills, and Harvesting Skills ended up saving me a lot of headache trying to read specific skills and suppress others. So I'm glad they went this approach. They still have some old items that need to be cleaned up though. Basically I am just passing through Skills exactly how they are on items and leaving it up to them to clean them up as time allows.

I do need to add those 4 consolidated skills to the Item Search though.

So I'm handling Primary Attributes by detecting the first of the quintet (STR/INT/WIS/AGI) and not displaying any others. I wonder what this means for TLE servers where items aren't all homogenized like they are at levels 80-110. Also what if you experimented on one of the primary stats? If EQ2U just happens to read a boosted INT value first, then I will be displaying an inflated value for AGI/WIS/STR. Bet they didn't think of that one.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chillispike

Chillispike New Member

I haven't parsed through all items yet, but as far as i saw the got rid of the other stats and just one instead of all 4 for the primary stats. on eq2.wikia i follow agi over int over str over wis, but i don't check which one is the highest actually.
    I think it's actually meaned to look for the highest of the 4 to show it as primary stats, but i just hope that census got it correctly.

Btw Offensive Skills isn't totaly new, it got renamed from Weapon Skills to Offensive Skills.
    Oh my list was missing one skill:
    - "Crafting Skills": Artificing, Artistry, Chemistry, Fletching, Scribing, Sculpting, Metalshaping, Metalworking, Tailoring
    but you got it as well as i see https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3652639833
    cool :)

Looking though the item seach .. all the "Spell Weapon" ones got removed quite some time ago. I searched for each of em and couldn't find any, which means the census seems to correct about em.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Feldon

The funny thing is, when I first did items, I wanted to put the NAME of the effect right above the effect description, but that's not how the game did it. Now that the game does that, I can do it too.

So effects on items are actually spells, and in the actual game data, the item has a list of spellcrcs on it (CRC is a spell "group" ID -- from apprentice to grandmaster share the same crc). They must be reading that spell's tier to get LEGENDARY and FABLED because some of the item spell effects are pink (fabled) and some are yellow (legendary). Alas this data is not exposed to us, so all spell effects on EQ2U are pink. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Chillispike

Chillispike New Member

https://census.daybreakgames.com/xml/get/eq2/item/2007998423
    does have
    <ministration displayname="Ministration" type="skill" value="20"/>
    <disruption displayname="Disruption" type="skill" value="20"/>
    <subjugation displayname="Subjugation" type="skill" value="20"/>
    <ordination displayname="Ordination" type="skill" value="20"/>
    but ingame it is shown as 20 Spell skills :/

5. Feldon

Some items have been changed over to Spell Skills:
    http://census.daybreakgames.com/xml...skills&c:show=displayname,modifiers&c:limit=5

Not sure it is worth my time trying to detect these skills individually and display the consolidated skills when it seems like the team are going through and updating items rapidly.

6. Chillispike

Chillispike New Member

Yeah i did find quite some that got changed to Spell Skill, just found Star of Malice where it didn't happen.
    I'll see that i update the 38.000 articles on the wiki, then now if it's equal with the other skills :/

7. Feldon

In case there's any doubt that they're phasing out the individual stats...

There are:
    • 15,584 with Spell Skills
    • 703 with Ministration
    • 808 with Subjugation
    • 673 with Ordination
    • 816 with Disruption
    There are:
    • 16,043 with Offensive Skills
    • 87 with Slashing
    • 85 with Piercing
    • 80 with Crushing
    There are:
    • 9,097 with Defensive Skills
    • 412 with Deflection
    • 59 with Aggression
    There are:
    • 151 with Crafting Skills
    • 2 with Fletching
    • 1 with Artificing
    There are:
    • 23 with Harvesting Skills
    • 1 with Gathering
    • 1 with Foresting
    Pretty sure they just missed a few directories when they were searchin' n' replacin'.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

From Discord:
    Thart [new dev] - Last Friday at 12:54 PM
    @Chillispike Hello! Just wanted to confirm to you that you've p much got it. Here's some concrete details in case they're helpful:
    If you see a stat in one of the groups, and no other stats are present, then all the other stats in that group are present and have the same value.
    If for any reason there is a modification of a grouped stat in a way that isn't applied to the whole group (e.g. final attributes that would show as 10 strength, 10 agility, 10 intelligence, 11 wisdom), then the examine data (which is what Census converts to XML) lists them all explicitly.(edited)​

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Glad they simplified it.

10. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Waiting for the change from plate, leather and cloth armour types to.....generic armour.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

New, simplified itemization and ca/spell scheme:

All armor types now = "primary armor"
    All weapons now = "primary weapon"
    All jewelry now = "primary jewelery"
    All spells/ca's now = "primary button that does stuff your class does"

Ascensions : no changes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Dumbing Down EQ2 For Dummies

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Don't forget New Familars - lots and lots of new familiars!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Available through daily quest and the cash shop, but mostly the cash shop...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

I am not sure as to how far this extends - but it appears that some recipe books are not showing that they are limited use on EQ2U.

An example of this is:

Ancient Teachings of the Planes Volume X
    https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2543668926
    \aITEM -1751298370 -808877046:Ancient Teachings of the Planes Volume X\/a

Examining this item in-game in the default UI shows that it has 1 use and that does not appear on the EQ2U item page for it.

16. Feldon

I don't think recipe charges are available from Census. Can always ask in Discord. :)

17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Maybe you can re-register as Nodlef.

Just use your uber ninja stealth ip address skills!

18. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

VPN for the win!!

19. Feldon

Why go where I'm not wanted?

20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Ahh, c'mon Feldon. Where's your sense of adventure?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.