1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Why I may get banned soon

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Pouncer, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Pouncer

Pouncer New Member

Okay I may be overstating things, but we'll see.

On Thursday night we had killed Trak and went on to kill the Tenets of Hate for mythical updates for a few of us. We got that last kill and the achievements, but then it bugged out and we didn't get the final updates.

I shouldn't have to say this but I'm going to for emphasis: this is the most important item in game, something we worked towards for months. So yeah we're going to petition it.

I petitioned it on the web site and made a post about it in the official forums. I guess others used more than one method of petitioning, I didn't know there was a limit. There's someone in our guild that knows Gninja on some social media or another, and when they contacted him he expressed exasperation that we used so many different means to bring this to their attention. So apparently as some sort of petty punishment, he's not even going to look at it until Monday at the soonest.

At first I wasn't going to say anything. Monday is cool, or however long it takes just as long as it gets done soon. But I let myself think about it too much over the next few days and I started to get annoyed.

In my post on the forums I finally mentioned it. I'm also annoyed that they tone police us as much as they do but I tried to keep from getting too emotional on my thread. However, seeing as they react so strongly to any criticism I won't be surprised if I'm at least suspended from the forums and/or given a warning for daring to complain. Am I overreacting here?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I don't think you are overreacting, for a few reasons.

First, judging by the responses, yours is not a unique experience, so The Team must be aware that there is an issue. If they are not aware, then that is on them.

Two, each person affected can, and should, submit a petition so that it's on record of when and where the bug/issue occurred to avoid confusion when the time for resolution comes.

Devs can be annoyed that players take appropriate action when their buggy-as-**** game bugs out all they like, but they should NEVER express that annoyance on a personal level to players. But it is Gninja, so it's not entirely unexpected, as one of the Triumvirate of Awesome Awesome-sauce.

Further, Devs shouldn't delay resolution of issues in a punitive manner because they're annoyed that each player that was robbed of their reward petitioned.

Not only is it unprofessional, it's petulant. Again, not entirely unexpected from the current Team.

Just remember, if you do take a vacation, you'll be in good company and it's not for anything you've done wrong. The current Team Leads just happen to be thin-skinned bullies.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

Daybreak is stuck in the old, haughty SoE mindset of, "Don't like something about our game? Too bad -- deal with it," which is a mentality that most companies were smart enough to shed a decade ago, once MMORPGs (and thus, other options) became numerous. That attitude from Kander and Gninja is what made me decide to start spending my money on their top "competitor"...with zero regrets.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Yes it seem that market competition has passed them by that's for sure. Out of touch and been there too long in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I read your thread, you were a hell of a lot more polite than I would of been. I'd be surprised if you even receive an infraction, but who really knows.

Gninja just wants you to know who has the upper hand, because he's petty like that.

• Agree Agree x 9
  6. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I reported your posts just to try get you banned.

How dare you question DBG. The gnomes will be mad

• Funny Funny x 9
  7. Pouncer

Pouncer New Member

****ers didn't ban me but they're not going to fix it, either. They said to just do the kill again, and to bug report it if it happens again. I'm like "mother****er this IS my bug report" but they insisted that it's never happened before therefore they're assuming it's something we did wrong. Okay I didn't call them a mother****er but I wanted to. Mother****ers.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Fishy Fishy x 1
    • Lock It! Lock It! x 1
  8. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Yeah, I know the feeling on a much smaller scale fight.
    Probably has something to do with applying the flags manually to each player being too much of a pain for them to do. (along with making sure that you were part of the bugged fight)

If I were them, I would get a GM to come on during your raid time, reset your zone timer, change into a giant blue Dr Manhattan type avatar and blow that stinky dragon up for the raid to make it real special for you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

That response is typical Gninja:

"Working as intened, you guys did something wrong. I can't be bothered checking the logs, so fight it again"

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Gninja may be a lazy developer but he does cash his paycheck!

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Senya

Senya Member

I don't suspect he (or anyone else) will be getting many more of those from DBG. I wonder if anyone has a pool started on the shutdown date yet? :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Only if you do it proper giant Manhattan style: Nude.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Official Forums are getting awfully quiet these days....

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

A combination of deserting players and not being able to login past the stupid recapture thingy to post I think I know if I get that thing pop up when I'm on the other machine I just read for that session, however badly I want to snark :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Yep. I have to admit my main reason for not playing right now, is the attitude of those two. That and my pure hate for anything PoP related.

That's disgusting.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I could put up with Frick, Frack, and Fruckhead if the game was any good.

It's not.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yay - Tekka's Besty is alive on the forums again!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

He is! And he's apparently a big fan of every one here, since he sneaks over to read what we're saying, so try not to laugh in his interwebs face!

Looks like someone wasn't a fan of his posts, though, they're gone now.

HI UMMMYEH! This is what life outside your bubble looks like. Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Just for sh**ts and giggles, I took a peek at the EQ1 forums and things don't look much rosier over there either :D. I see a lot of the same types of complaints. Looks like DBG is winning at not only destroying the EQ franchise, but any shred of credibility it had with paying customers as well.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
  20. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Hey, I will admit it... I reported him for trolling... but then im a evil shadowknight!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1