1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Planes of Prophecy & Quest Data Going Forward

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Feldon, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

There is a "block" in the EQ2 census code to not export specific quest data until an EQ2 developer decides enough time has passed. This block has been used in the past to keep new expansion quest data from appearing in Census until 1-2 months after an expansion or Game Update. However after 5 months, it's becoming clear that we are not going to get Planes of Prophecy quest data or other quest data going forward. All e-mail requests on my part have been ignored.

This leaves us with a few options. One is full manual data entry. Obviously this would not be fun, especially for each quest stage and reward. I can harvest some of this data but the rewards are a particular sticking point.

Looking at EQ2 Wikia, it looks like we're talking over 200 quests for PoP.
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Planes_of_Prophecy_Timeline

and it looks like with GU105, the crafting timeline is a total of about 15 quests.
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Planes_of_Prophecy_Crafting_Timeline

So to get caught up, we'd have to manually enter about 215 quests. Is that an accurate assessment?

2. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

Is 'un blocking' Caith or someone else?

3. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

[​IMG]

Taking bets on this actually happening.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Not holding my breath....

5. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

I got 5p it happens, Kander is usually a straight up guy.

6. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

I am usually a glass-half-empty guy, but in this case, I will bet they will do it. I agree, Kander is a straightforward guy and if he says it will happen with a definite timeline like he did here then it will.

However I’ll go out on my limb and say now that it gets forgotten and overlooked so I’ll put a cookie-anda-coke down that it gets FINTed after GU106.

7. Feldon

When is GU106?

The irony of me usually knowing the answer to that question before it's public. :(

8. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

They don't number them in the patch notes anymore, but I expect it's the next patch could be next Tuesday.

9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Regular patches generally don't get called GUs (general updates). They're usually the mid-year 'content additions'... so probably whenever they deliver the expert zones they threatened... errrr promised.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. IakeFD

IakeFD Member

He is, but he's also been straight-up wrong with info posted several times so.. luckily that's a discord comment so easy to handwave if it turns out incorrect!

11. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

Late May for GU106 - to be announced soontm.........

12. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

GU106: Oh ****, Kerafyrm Got Loose Again And We're All Dead

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Feldon

The Planes of Power and GU106 quest data did not become available today.

14. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Color me shocked.... or not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

I thought the statement was that Quest data would be available with GU106. At this time, GU106 is still a few hours away from going live...

16. Feldon

Thursday GUs.... Why?

17. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

Probably because it wasn't done on Tuesday hehe

18. Feldon

They always do GUs on a Tuesday so they can have the inevitable panicked patches on Wednesday, Thursday, and sometimes Friday to address exploits and data loss.

19. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

Oh yeah, the holiday weekend is going to be a blast.