1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

It Finally Happened

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tekka, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

No, I didn't get banned from the forums (which still amazes me).

My friends, and a couple more from a small group have decided to move on and make a fresh start in a new game.

I haven't logged in all week, except to make sure folks know I will no longer be available for standing commitments.

And I have to say I am... relieved.

I'll poke my head in here from time to time. I might even watch the train wreck on the official forums until it's over, though I doubt I'll be posting.

In closing, all the best answers:

Adventurers always go left, 42, green. So long and thanks for all the fish.

~Game on!~

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

This made me literally laugh out loud - that was my first thought.

I'm really sorry to hear this, though. Another one gone :(

Be well, enjoy your new home, let us know how you are going from time to time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Safe travels, Tekka!

-> @gunguz ESO.

Hanging out there till AOC.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shazz

Shazz New Member

Did you find a good game Tekka , sorry to see you go but please share new venture

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

If you're looking, here's a list that I have played:

Traditional level progression and raiding: FF14, Rift, SWTOR

Level progression with group oriented encounters/dungeons: ESO, GW2

Robust housing/decorating: Rift, ESO

FF14 has housing, but when I played, it was not easy to obtain, and the scope of the decorating was adequate, but limited.
    SWTOR has housing and uses a hook system. It's a decent hook system, though

PVP: GW2, ESO

Rift has done a battleground revamp, but since I haven't played it, I can't say if it's good or not.

Role Play: GW2, ESO, FF14, Secret World: Legends, SWTOR

FF14, subscription only. Rift, ESO, SWTOR are all hybrid with a reasonable free to play aspect. GW2 is buy to play with paid expansions.

My current game obsession is setting up a village in Conan Exiles, a friend has their own server and our refugee group is merging with a larger group of refugees from another server for some RP/PVP shenanigans.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Glad to know you have found a new obsession hehe :). Your voice will be missed Tekka. I am having a blast in GW2 right now. Myself and my stubborn friend have finally bid adieu to EQ2 for good. I wish every one still playing all the best.

Like you, I will still check in here from time to time and possibly gaze at the EQ2 forums if for no other reason than morbid curiosity. Any how, best wishes to you moving forward *big hugs*.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I like checking on the forums because I find bubble gnome behavior and stubborn loyalty to what doesn't work highly entertaining.

Well, and like Mizgamer, I want to look away, but I just can't help myself.

I have issues.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

My partner is trying ESO to fill the gap left by EQ2. So far so good.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I wanted to like ESO but the lack of auto-follow is a killer for me. I have some physical issues and relied heavily on AF when playing with my husband. I can solo fine, it's trying to keep up with someone else that is hard on me.

What's unfortunate is most "new" games have movement mechanics that are hard on me which is probably why I'm still in LOTRO (that and I love the IP).

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I think that might rule it out for me as well. I'm all about being a Ranger on autofollow. :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

I *like* ESO, but I hate the need to use the mouse for movement, I'm 95% a keyboard player :/
    Problem with a lot of games, too limited in terms of controls.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

This is exactly the same problem with me and ESO as well. I just can't use the mouse for movement.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

I tried ESO on the XBOX and it seemed like inventory management was taking 60% of my time. constantly trying to deal with weight.

But I am having a pretty good time with Destiny 2 in campaign mode.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I want to get into ESO, but I'm old and lazy...

Honestly, I may give up on online games once EQ2 is done.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I actually get this sentiment too. I have hobbies/interests that I did not have in my early 20s when I started MMOs and less time and interest to invest in a new MMO.

When I left EQ2 I was about to give up on MMOs entirely until I went back to LOTRO and realized I really enjoyed it. I only left because the housing is so limited (decorating that is) but the rest of the game is still a lot of fun.

16. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Alrighty! Well, I do have an account on ESO, so if anyone has a spot for a possibly soon to be homless Argonian named Apheol, well, I may be spending more time there Soon...

17. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

It feels like a lot of games are designed with this in mind, though. They understand that a lot of the playerbase is older, and also that there's a lot more competition for our attention these days in the realm of entertainment. It's a tricky balance because it can result in a very shallow feeling experience (basically how FFXIV is for me).

18. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

A PVE mission in Fortnite is 15-20 minutes and most of them are run against a timer. Fortnite is not an MMO but it is fairly representative of the current trend in PVE games design, short and sharp.

19. Neiloch

Neiloch Member

If you try to level up in FF14 without grouping you will go severely sloooooooww. They also have the awesome palace of the dead which works with any group setup (dont need a tank or healer), but can be quite repetitive.

in the regular dungeons the fights aren't turn and burn either, all of them have mechanics and most of them are intuitive so you don't have to guess or look up guides as to what to do. The early dungeons are pretty terrible though compared to 50+

Its easier to obtain now. They changed a BUNCH of rules to keep any sort of shady 'secondary market' down which was a huge problem before. Even if you cant get a proper plot everyone can get an Inn room which is like a little studio apartment.

Regular decorating is as good as EQ2 ever was, there just isn't many ways to kind of construct your own things with other things since most won't stack or interact with each other like EQ2 furniture does (cant stack tables for example). posted a screenshot of part of a friends FC (guild) house. Everything is player placed with no hooks. That door towards the left auto opens on approach. I don't really care about decorating though so there is probably more to it than i am aware of.

FF14 took over as the main utilizer of ACT, and they do more with it than EQ2 ever has. They even have a plugin that works with discord to make it work like Guild Connect.

I've been playing the **** out of FF14, FYI

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1