1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Where is u.eq2wire.com?

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Ratchick, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Ratchick

Ratchick New Member

Much to my (sad) surprise, when I started to look up my characters, I found this:

"Welcome to RJW Publishing, a boutique publisher of books that inspire a reader’s imagination by creatively bringing words to life."

Um.... did the wires get crossed again?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad, frustrating news.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

I used Eq2U earler today, but got the same thing when I tried to look at characters just now. =(

Edit: and now it says account suspended... I hope that means Feldon is fixing it!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  3. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm getting the same page Rosy is :(

4. Ratchick

Ratchick New Member

Yes, I see the change now, too. I'm going to hope that a change is good, and means that something, somewhere is happening.
    Sorry Feldon!

5. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

EQ2Wire@EQ2Wire
    1h
    1 hour ago

More
    We're aware of connectivity issues on EQ2U and other sites. Will fix it as soon as we can.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Sorry about the strangeness today. AutoSSL decided to sh** the bed. I think I've got it working again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

I'm a mother... we've all had to clean that mess up, Feldon! Thanks so much.

8. Ratchick

Ratchick New Member

I just KNEW it was something technical like that.

Thank you for fixing it, and for all the work you've done and continue to do. You are missed in game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

EQ2U seems to have had a lot of issues this year? Is something exceptionel happening to the site/owners or is it just a lot of bad luck tucked on top of each other? I dont recall eq2u having problems for years.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

At one point, at least, some... special person... decided to DDOS all of Feldon's sites.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I hope he asked his ISP for assistance and filed a criminal report even if the chances of a criminal charge is 0.1% he shouldnt let **** like that fly.

12. Shazz

Shazz New Member

Thanks Feldon, your work in keeping we diehards updated is most appreciated. After discussion with friends today we surmised that without EQ2U that would be the last nail in the coffin. You have done a fabulous job helping us. DBG does not give a flying f**k about us, very sad after 13 years of EQ2 playing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Feldon

I had to abruptly switch hosts (isp) in January due to a DDoS attack against another site I host. The first company I tried to switch to fumbled the ball for 2 days and never got anywhere. So I went to another company and it was a slow process but finally got switched over. Yesterday's problem was an issue with AutoSSL, Let's Encrypt, and IPv6 addresses. But it's sorted now.

My host (isp) during the DDoS was less than useless and didn't lift a finger to solve the problem. My only recourse was to move somewhere else, which was a slow ugly process.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

EQ2U is not responding again today - Cloudflare is saying Bad Gateway. =(

15. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

It's been working for me today. I had that error pop up once or twice yesterday, but when I tried again 5-10 min later it was working.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Feldon

I know it's been hit-or-miss. Guess I need to try more things.

• Like Like x 1