1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Surprise! PoP Heroic zones now REQUIRE 3 toons

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Mermut, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

Well...I am sure a gameplay mechanic such as this was mentioned and discussed in and amongst the EQ2 Community Roundtable to get feedback / thoughts / input from a variety of active players who represent a broad background of various play styles

As for the lack of documentation, I would refer to this...
    https://eq2wire.com/2017/07/02/everquest-iis-black-box-problem/

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Makes no sense to me. PoP is so damn boring why take something away?
    My time online is now spent doing old Heritage quests and raid zones. I haven't set foot in PoP for weeks.

I've had to put Sigrdrifa on ignore. It's such an arrogant, know it all pos, I'm scared I'll be rude to it and get banned again.

• Like Like x 3
  3. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Fishy Fishy x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Way back on December 1st (a mere three days into the new expansion), I pinged a dev to let them know that people were already duoing heroics. I admitted that I didn't know if it involved an exploit or not, but that being able to duo a zone so soon meant there might be a bug or something off with the balance at the very least.

I'm curious as to what made them address the solo/duoing now, when it's been happening for quite some time...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Following the chain of events I think it went something like this, and is purely reactionary, rather than proactive:

1. Heroics are too easy with certain class combos and pure fighter tanks have been left behind - again.

2. Introduce the 'bring a fighter or get wiped mechanic'.

3. Fighters, and only fighters, are now solo'ing/duo'ing heroics, because the mechanics of the game are so out of whack they literally can't fix them.

4. Introduce a 'bring X amount of players or get wiped mechanic' paired with a 'if you somehow manage to kill something, you still get no reward mechanic'.

The entire thing has been SUPER POPULAR, as you can imagine.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The sarcasm is strong in this thread.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I'm honestly no longer sure if these things happen because they're short on staff and resources, only marginally competent, or both.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

"You are damaging the mob too quickly." -Gninja

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Short on staff, short on resources, and not even marginally competent.

• Agree Agree x 8
  11. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

Gninja posted they would reverse this change until they had a better way to implement it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  12. Malleria

Malleria Member

Guys, guys, it's ok! There are new mercenary crates in the marketplace!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

But honestly, if it's Gninja's "Better Way", it will be much, much worse. Probably have to have raid drops before doing a heroic, since all he likes is raiding; and he's a mean spirited little gnome anyway.

• Winner Winner x 3
  14. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

What would be a better way is to add a functional LFG tool that any other MMO on the market has in 2018. That way people dont have to spam a channel for hours looking for a fighter AND you keep the grouping element alive.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I think they are doing this as a result of the growing disparity among the player base with regard to stats/gear and the negative effects on grouping.

It is their fault because they added layers of requirements for reaching end game and designed the tools for getting there especially catered to the hardcore min/maxers.

These powerful players were easily able to solo/duo heroic content. As a result, casual and returning players have been left behind (even with baubles, gear crates, etc.). PUGS and PURS are basically non-existent.

All of this is a result of their bad game design imo.

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

For better or worse, this kind of change isn't going to get those super-geared people to group with the super casual players who are taking 45+ minutes in T1 PoP heroics.
    The players who were solo/duoing heroics are either going to grab a buddy (or 2), box in another toon or stop running zones at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, we used to 2 or 3 man zones all the time (when I played). The purpose: ethereal/shinie farming and auction channel selling. Easy way to make plat.

No raid gear. Just good heroic stuff.

Eventually, many casuals just buy and sell kronos and gear themselves that way.

Edit: plus, running full groups = 8 min minutes of boring a month in.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  18. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I agree with you 100 percent. I was just stating my view on how their bad game design brought us to this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

They keep adding to the stat bloat and all that is doing is widening the gulf among the player base. Many people just throw their hands up in the air and give up. I guess like Dizzy said, when they run out of raiders they will really be up sh**ts creek.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

In Discord they said the new changes are because some fighters are 1 shotting the heroic names now.