1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Another Entertaining Post

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Mizgamer62, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

A recent post from Fyreflyte commenting on the personal observations/opinion of another poster. In my opinion, his comments are not honest with regard to the current state of the game, but that doesn't surprise me either. It's just annoying. What do you all think?

(A snippet of the OP's post that he responded to)

“I see the last couple of years as a total disaster”

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

While not broken per se, its obviously not fun to play a healer and just press anything to heal people from 1 to 100. All you do at this point as a healer is DPS as much as human possible, time cure curses and then press any of your healing spells off cool down. Hardly any pre curing, hardly any topping off players going on anymore.

He obviously has no idea what the crit bonus familiar does.

If thats the case, then why wont they allow us to figure out how many characters update on census per week/month? Seems fishy.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

The poster made a very rational and reasoned, detailed reply to Fyreflyght. Which promptly had one of the worst 'bubble gnomes' attempt to invalidate it.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

OP Perma banned?

5. Ansom

Ansom Member

My comment are referring the game until late August (because i don't play anymore).

The only way to see the healing in this way, is to see the healing only through the raw spell data, ignoring the real "game", ignoring how actually is the game for healer.

Yes.. (not real number, but random) only 1% need paytowin, the other 99% can be obtain through regular gameplay (only need 2year grid, 24/24 7/7). To bad the 1% can increase the dps by 99%..

Again.. comment a game by only see the raw data is a bad idea.. The game some years ago was alt friendly, only recently is become almost impossible to use alts.. because of very questionable choices.. not sure if dev are bipolar or schizophrenic.

Because is fun to have 40 class abilities able to do 0,5% character dps.. Or is fun to have spell/ca able to do 0,00001% dps, or other spell broken..

uhm, so... if some years ago was pretty simple to do pug or pur, and during the last expa pug become very hardly to full without 1h spam, is not because the population collapse.

If eq2 guild raid Ranking lost may many guild during the years.. is not because the population collapse. Now in thurgadin i count 5 active guild raiding from splitpaw... 21 guild raiding, from 4-5 server union (split, fr, de, 2 russian..).... Everything is fine, right?

6. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I actually wrote two replies to that post. The first I deleted because I didn't want to get banned because I called out Fyreflyte for flat out lying.

I see that they have made another post, and are in full bullshit spin mode.

There is a lot I would like to say, but I think I might have reached the limit of my fight. I just no longer have the energy or the ****s to give.

It's exceedingly clear that no one is listening.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I've had Siggy quote 2 of my posts out of context to twist their meaning in as many days....
    I called her on it both times.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Yeah, I saw what she did. I guess I got a little fight left in me yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I think it's hiliarious that Sigrdrifa quit for a year and now she's back lecturing everyone as if she never left and once again trying to retake her place as chief cheerleader.

I posted a few interesting tweets because of this.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

We have a saying here - "she talks like she's got a stick up her arse". In other words, she's a bit full of herself and thinks she's above the rank and file (in her mind, at least). I guess it's a long-winded (but much more fun) way of saying 'pretentious' lol.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I'm still mulling over a response to this. I'm hesitant to jump in because I haven't played for a year, so I can't honestly speak to gameplay "exactly right now", but....

The sneaky little tactic Fyrelyte used was to invalidate all posters who are not currently playing. In the Case of Kalika's post, he opens this way, which invalidates the post, and makes his subsequent (and blatantly nonsense) responses appear more credible.

These guys just can't seem to help themselves from bullsh*ting people.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Feldon

• So people who quit have no valid opinion and should stop posting.
    • Nobody on the forums or within the company wants to know why people quit.
    • They just want to focus on the people they have left, which is everyone since population numbers aren't declining.
    #CognitiveDissonance

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. stach

stach Member

The easiest way to shut down Sigrdrifa is to point to the bug tracker that she tried to take control of, and say it has not had any bug fix updated since like 2016.

I just recently tried to play my Troub again, went through the whole PoP sig line with it and realized how far behind I was from being out about six months. I logged off and went back to Far Cry 5

Stach

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

So, stop criticizing the game or you're going to get banned. It's nice they're actually warning people now though, I didn't get a warning either of the times I was banned.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Is there a separate service agreement for the census api?

16. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Just looking at the Steam charts, EQ2 is at the rank bottom. Even EQ1 has on average more than twice the players as EQ2, and LOTRO has 5 to 9 times the number of players online consistently. ESO has consistently 500 times the players online as EQ2.
    And honestly, Fireflyte is just another DBG ass wandering around with his eyes closed, refusing to see the real picture.
    There simply is no new content. Nothing entertaining. There is more challenge and variety in Candy Crush Saga on my phone then there is in EQ2...
    TBH, I find it more entertaining now to just spend time submitting entries to Publishers Clearing House and watching the ads.

Speaking of entertaining posts... it is now April 11, I wonder what the next incredibly content filled Producers letter will contain, that is due out in what, a week or so?

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Can't really judge EQ2 from steam ranks due to they basically severed ties with steam a couple of years back when they realised people were buying expacs with Nigerian Dollars or something and only spending like $3

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

That's actually a reasonable price.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

New familiars! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Feldon

There's not much to it. I laughed when I read Roxxlyy claim that people were violating it, since the legal part is literally 3 sentences:
    The page includes specific code examples to measure realtime and overall server populations in Planetside 2 and DC Universe Online. H1Z1 is sold through Steam, preventing any attempt to hide population numbers.

• Informative Informative x 3