1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Surprise! PoP Heroic zones now REQUIRE 3 toons

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Mermut, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

There was a ninja change to all PoP heroic zones in the most recent patch...
    If you go into a heroic zone with less then 3 actual toons (mercs don't count), on the bosses you get a message 'come back with a larger force', followed by a 1-shot.
    If you manage to kill the boss anyway, you still get hosed out of loot. A friend of mine killed the last boss in Torden 1 and the corpse with the key needed for the final chest decayed IMMEDIATELY, so he couldn't loot the key and get the final loot.

Whether such a change was good, bad or indifferent is much less of an issue.. then the fact they made such a large change to heroic zones with ZERO DOCUMENTATION.. it wasn't even in the patch notes....

Seriously, wtf is up with these people?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Its a great thing there has been no substantially population drop over the last few years. Wont be an issue finding players to group with because the game is flowing with bodies everywhere at any hour of the day.

So I see this as a welcome change. ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

I'm guessing that was your documentation.

This is one of those "so bad it's good" solutions. The mummy gets another bandaid...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Except it has nothing to do with tanks... a duo with a tank could do the zones before the patch.. and they can't after the patch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

Gninja said, they will force heroics to require more people on purpose.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Won't do a damn thing to help revitalize the PUG scene, but will make it impossible to do Heroics without the full group you can't get half the time.

Genius!

:mad:

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I've no doubt it was on purpose... given the snide comment before the 1-shot... that's not the real issue.
    The big issue is that the change was made without warning and without documentation.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

And he is one of the reasons that I just haven't been able to even bring myself to log in in a month or so.
    Every time I think about firing up EQ2, I get as far as the patcher, and realize that is the most exciting part of EQ2 anymore.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

oooh! Should I feel special now? I've had posts 'mysteriously' deleted without information or warning. I'm part of THAT club now :p

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I really think the team has lost its sanity or they are acting out of sheer desperation. Either way, its obvious that they are still delusional about their own decisions and the outcome.

They must be padding themselves arse deep in bubble gnomes and holding their hands to their ears saying " I can't hear you" to any one who tries to get them to face reality (i.e. anything but glowing praise).

The following are not responsible for the games decline: the players, the forum posters, Feldon, EQ2 Wire or any one other than DBG. If they want any one to blame, look in the mirror.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Gninja's Reply:

Spin, spin, and more spin. I really feel sorry for the people still pumping $$$ in to EQ2.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. IakeFD

IakeFD Member

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

The disrespect towards players shouldn't surprise me anymore.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Ansom

Ansom Member

Seems the problem was tank soloing heroic contest for sell the new crap (50 item need it for the mount), or people easy duo.

Not sure how they balance the new heroic.. but since the expa beta are become a "non sense", should't surprise about the result.

EDIT: a little question for eq2 player.. the min 3 player is active only inside the last exp, or even in old expansion?

15. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

I win! :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I don't know what is going on in this world...

Mermut used to be one of the calm ones, but lately, she's been all fired up.

Now.... ninja deleted posts?

Mayhem!

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

*chuckle* I'm still calm... I'm just being very... persistent ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Sigrdrifa is continuing in full smack down mode. This is another of her/his little gems:

Since you didn't read or understand what I said, I'll make it simpler. Take all the kvetching on the Forums with a huge grain of salt, because more people are gonna come to the Forums to complain than will come here to compliment the game.

This says nothing about the validity (or lack thereof) of the people griping. It just points out that you can't judge the game solely from the Forums, because the happy players are not highly motivated to post on the Forums. Well, except for Norrathian Homeshow.

Nice way to try and shut down dialogue. If what people say on the forums doesn't matter, them why are she/he, some other bubble gnomes and the dev's getting their panties in a wad and feel the need to respond? Good lord lol :p.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Mermut has waaaay more patience than I do - and probably deserves an award of some sort.

/salute

• Winner Winner x 3
  20. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Since I have no idea how to pronounce that name, I just shorten it to 'Derp' - it makes things easier, in more ways than one.

He/She/It is one of the worst people left on that side of the fence simply because He/She/It has no problem at all not just lying, but using gaslighting tactics against other posters.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1