1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

It Appears.....

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Fuli, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I had a bunch of dbc on my account from subs, and I bought a merc crate...just cause....that was the last time I ever bought a loot box from that company.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ruckus

Ruckus Member

having a lot of issues getting on this morning | EverQuest 2 Forums

Roxxlyy - Looks like there have been some issues with EQ/EQ2 login servers the past few mornings. As of now, any issues with EQ2 logins should be resolved - had the team check into it a couple minutes ago.

I had login issues all weekend long for both game and forums.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I am playing on the new rift prime (progressive) server and having fun there. I don't miss EQ2 at all tbh. I think once we completely sever the umbilical cord, we realize there is life without EQ2. The EQ2 we all cherished for many years is long gone unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I really miss the *old* eq2. For me, that's everything through about RoK.

Heck, even though Aerelik (sp?) began to systematically screw any scout that wasn't a sin or brig, it was still fun.

You actually had to have chanters for cc and mana feed back then.

Today's game eq2 in name only, and it's not a good game.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I mean, people gave him a hard time over some of the balance adjustments that were made, but the game was pretty well balanced in general when he was around. It wasn't perfect but it was far better than it is now.

6. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Sure, it was well balanced if you were an assassin ...
    People gave him a hard time because he used exploits, reported to SoE by a player, to help his guild get myth updates.

I guess at least in his day, the devs actually played the game.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

It's also rather frowned upon to sabotage code repositories on the way out the door.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

At the time, I was maining a ranger on Vox.

Rediculiously unbalanced AA enhancements between sins and rangers aside, there was the original version of Eagles Talon...

If I recall correctly, you had to be 5 or 7 meters or something for it to work, and we had to set up these convoluted macros to switch auto attacks back and forth between ranged and melee because we were constantly having to joust in and out 2 or 3 meters to use all our combat arts.

Those were the glory days for ranger parses.

Still, I the content was good, and you really needed class defining capabilities, even in the heroic zones.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Feldon

After years of scouts (esp rangers) screaming about the minimum melee range for ranged autoattacks requiring us to constantly joust and dance, rather than reduce the minimum range in every spell and combat art in the game, they just increased the minimum melee range of enemies to 5m. This broke the game for months. You had mobs dancing and circling players trying to get to them. There was a YouTube video (since deleted) of enemies circling a stationary player, unable to reach him. The conga line music was a nice touch.

People who never tanked before Velious may not remember that it was 10 times easier to get mobs to follow you to a specific pull spot before this change was made. After Velious, it became necessary to do sweeping turns like a stationwagon pulling a vegetable cart trying to position mobs because of the 5m minimum range. All because they didn't want to edit some files.

To this day I still consider it rather broken.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I'm not saying it was perfect, but at least every class was unique and still brought something to a raid environment. It definitely could've been worse.

11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

When Fabled Nizara came out, I just stopped tanking it in pugs.

This was the point I realized just how many old school players had left the game, because the vast majority of chanters had no idea how to cc and dps just couldn't seem play in a way that didn't pull mobs from half the zone.

Unfortunately, few of them seemed interested in adjusting either.

I remember when I was new to the game, we would spend hours in Stormhold, learning how to use the environment, learning how to pull, cc, heal, dps.

Now days, a new player shows up, ward the tank , pull everything, nuke everything. The only real challenge is learning the scripts, and once that's done, back to face roll playing.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I just consider it now a 'feature' that tanks have to learn to position mobs.

It always amuses me when tanks can't position a mob with a large hit box and get frustrated.

13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

You're making my point though. I tanked the old school stuff. I know how to body pull, move, position stack, and stay up until all that's done.

Sometimes, you gotta not hit a button that's gonna ae, you gotta turn off ae auto, you gotta know how to cc adds, and use non ae heals, and you gotta know how to hold off dps until everything is set up. And yes, you also how to tank in those environments.

For example, adds are pulled: cc them and let the tank move, keep adds cc'd.

Doesn't seem like it should be overly complicated, just requires patience, restraint, situational awareness, and appropriate timing.

That kind of gameplay has largely been designed out over the years.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Feldon

With the 5m minimum range imposed on the entire game with the Destiny of Velious expansion, EVERY mob has a large hit box.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Too right. On the one hand I'm a better defiler now than ever; on the other, I'm also a lazier defiler. And both those things are true at once. That is not a sign of positive change.

• Agree Agree x 2