1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GUESS WHAT GUYS!!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tekka, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Caam

Caam Member

In the time that i wrote up my response, 2 other responses were posted. They said the same things that I said, so I figure there is no need to say the same things over again.

Put simply: Don't be afraid to post your opinion. But don't be surprised when someone disagrees with you. That's life.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

If you need just one ironclad example of deception by the eq2 team, they announced last February that level 101-110 would have streamlined spells and there would be a class rebalancing.

They let the preorder go ahead and a bunch of people buy the expansion. Then they later admitted that the rebalancing and spell changes had been cancelled a month after they announced it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Exactly, and I'm sorry, stuff like this doesn't make me feel "bitter", but it does piss me off.

The game design, product quality, amount of content; All these things are just elements of personal preference maps that effect my choices as a consumer. Nothing to be bitter about. As I've said repeatedly, if people enjoy the game, then great - it's money well spent for them.

The deceit and disrespectful behavior? Different story.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

He also posted earlier in this thread.

He is one of the optimistic - but realistic - level headed folks who's viewpoint I always appreciate.

Even if I don't agree.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Dannni? Is that you?

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

In an attempt to derail this thread, I would like to say that Dominos on-line ordering is killing me.

I literally press two buttons on my phone and food shows up.

This is becoming a problem.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Order me a pizza! Veggie lovers, hand tossed!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Would you play EQ2 again if they brought back /pizza?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Oh yeah! I totally forgot they had that pizza thing for awhile.

I never did use it, which surprises me, actually.

10. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

If I have to read between the lines, it seems that SOMEONE at DBG has told the devs to respond to criticism, at least over the tradeskill line... They are at least posting about changing some things to better align with player likes.
    I still feel it's too little, too late, and after too much of ignoring the players.
    As it is, I have a hard time bothering to log in anymore, and even the "Fixes" to the TS line aren't an incentive. I still don't see it as a TS line, nor do I see the expansion as having any real content.

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. stach

stach Member

How about the selling of a year subscription for cheap then hoping people forget the next year they are on auto-resub until Feldon reminded everyone.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I'm going to guess that the people that have stopped logging in, have also started cancelling their subs. One did not always mean the other.
    I can't count on two hands the number of players that have stopped logging in on HoF. Most of them are players I thought would still be playing until the servers were shut down.

I notice because of their absence from channel chat. How many have left that aren't chat/forum junkies? I honestly hate to think.

Tradeskill in PoP is total crap. The sig line is crap, the rewards are crap, the dailies are crap and the list goes on. They need to consider the age of players in EQ2, sure we're not all old, but a hell of a lot of us are. I know I no longer have the patience or reflexes to jump hoops in scripted instances, but I'm hell good at crafting!
    To a lot of people crafting is the game, and they've destroyed it. I have to admit it makes me sad.

As for adventuring, unless you're a raider you've done it all a million times over already, and imo it sure as hell isn't fun this time around.

/rant off

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  13. Shazz

Shazz New Member

Could not have put it better myself

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I suspect there were a number of staff who were in "Whatever, go f**k yourself cause I can't wait for this game to die so I can be reassigned to the H1Z1 franchise....." mode.

And then.....poof.

Now all of a sudden, senior staff "appears" interested in caring about customers want.

I mean downsizing is rough. Gotta be ***smart***.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

EQ3 will save Daybreak.

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. stach

stach Member

It will be a battle Royal with flying mounts!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

And 2 repeatable missions that pay 3 tokens per trip. After acquiring, 20,000 tokens, you can buy a tank that launches an aoe nuke.

Or, you can buy gambling boxes for $30.00 that have a 2% chance of dropping one.

Or, you can spend $199.00 on a gambling box that has a 75% chance of dropping one.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Nommi

Nommi Member

IMO EQ2's downfall escalated with the pay to win spell upgrades. Prior to that, players have been slowly getting sick of the RNG system that is completely unfair to many players who see the same people win RNG all the time why they or others rarely/never win. And let's not forget how small the xpac's have become over the last 2-3 years with less and less content except more push to buy spell upgrades and familiar/mercs with DBcash. I preordered for the very last time. The unfinished xpac missing a REAL TS questline is inexcusable! I despise the new TS public quest - it's takes too freakin long for crap reward. I despise running solos because the RNG chance for anything is ZERO - the trash in chests is not even worth putting on an alt!!!! Geesh...even last xpac we could get an exquisite chest in adv solos from time to time and a chance at a master or rare drop so I ran them daaly and never missed my weekly. This time around = nada! Why even run the solos? Some of the scripts are just lame/tedious and several of the new heroic zones are simply not run because EVERYone hates them. My discontent towards the game right now is at an all time low! And I don't think I am alone in my feelings. I can't even muster up enough interest or desire to finish this lame excuse of a TS questline. /sigh

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

and Zombies :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Deezy

Deezy New Member

Personally, I think the **** has hit the fan now they have pissed off the TS folk. They must have been serious bread and butter to DBG and an unhappy mass of customers has driven this rush to address stuff on the forums / game updates.

Regarding the post up there (/points) about none of the devs actually playing EQ2, I found it rather sad the other day to see wonderful Domino on Twitter commenting that she was doing the current TS quest line. They lost such an amazing Dev there.

The only one I think it worth his salary now is Kathiel. The others could do a lot worse than take a leaf out of his book. He responds to criticism positively, is amusing and engaging and works bloody hard.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3