1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

WTF Daybreak?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Nolus, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Nolus

Nolus Member

You just joined Daybreak Insiders daybreak.com/insiders

Want to help us improve our games by giving us feedback? We are always looking for players, local or remote, to play our games, answer surveys, take part in interviews, and give us valuable input to help improve gameplay experiences.

We are a community focused game company and hearing your feedback is critical for success!

What???? I'm at a loss. Yes Daybreak we did, but you don't hear us???

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I'm having some difficulty discerning if this is a genuine attempt to create a credible feedback mechanism, or just another gimmick.

In any case, reading that copy really did make me laugh out loud.

They are NOT a "community focused game company". They are a DEVELOPER focused game company.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Nolus

Nolus Member

The lack of effort put towards existing games makes me agree they are not community focused. I think perhaps they have found the most idiotic and unrealistic way to get what is at their finger tips if they put in some effort. I'm sure it's involving newer titles if it really exists at all. But the fact that I just now found out about it show what a great job they did promoting it.

But the last statement feels like a bold faced lie, they could give two shits less about their existing community. Which won't help them to promote it, because they don't believe it.

It should be like this:

We are are a community focused game company for titles that bring in lots of money, but we need to hear from players that play real cash cow games not our current games. We want to hear from non daybreak customers please.

That's the way it comes across to me.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Thanks for the laugh as I needed cheering up.

• Like Like x 4
  5. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

It's just weasel words. Almost like they have specific marketing targets to meet - now they can say "Looky at this - we are actively engaging with the community! Aren't we clever?!"

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Kind of like the exit survey they send you when you cancel your sub.....that has been broken for over three years .

It' s a free Survey Monkey page that is not saving values, so you can't actually submit your responses .

CLEARLY, they care about why you left.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Uxtalzon

Uxtalzon Member

Everyone knows Daybreak idea is money > players, if not that MORE MONEY > players.

I signed up anyway, so I can rant and prophesize the failure and short life their new game will be. Gave 'em my number and everything, because I will enjoy it.

EDIT: It asks what Daybreak games you've played in the last 5 years, even listing LOTRO, but doesn't list Landmark at all.

8. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

They're probably getting paid by a third party site for your details.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Nolus

Nolus Member

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  10. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

This snippet:
    the Tradeskill Signature quest line, which offers an additional way to earn progression

Says it all about the TS line.. it's not a tradeskill line.. it's an additional way for adventurers to 'earn progression'.. ie the Tome of the Planes..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Fixed.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Admittely, I was annoyed enough by p2w ascension leveling.

But when I learned a season 3 ethereal familiar leveled to 10 provides a huge over cap damage bonus (300 overcap to crit bonus), and now that folks have had a chance to calculate the cost of realizing this, I have moved from annoyed to a bit disgusted.

No wonder that's basically all McLemore pitched in her producer's letter.

The game i once loved is now even more unseemly.

Bottom feeders with no concern for the quality of the game or the welfare of their customers.

Pretty sad.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Nolus

Nolus Member

For someone with a supposed degree in communications they are sure horrible at it. I honestly don't think personally the devs deserve much blame for whats going on. The way Daybreak is run, I don't think I would be a non cranky person. If I were in their shoes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I think the entire EQ2 team is to blame, each in his own way, because they work together to make decisions for the direction of the game. As radarx once said, we succeed or fail as a team. That is the case in the majority of most companies.

I also think that in spite of what ever emotions the developers may be feeling, they are still representatives of the company and its product and should always react in a professional manner towards their players/paying customers regardless of emotion. If they are unable or unwilling to do that, then they should no longer be able to directly communicate with the players/paying customers.

I have nothing personal against any one on the EQ2 team. This is about the fact that I and other members of their player base pay them money for this product/service in one form or another. Therefore, we have a right to expect professional and honest communication from them, a reasonable amount of new content, and quality. This is not, nor has it ever been a charity.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 10
  15. Nolus

Nolus Member

I suppose.

It doesn't appear to me they are really a team. I don't know. It does not at the very least seem like a well lead team. We do indeed deserve honest and professional communication and quality. But what we are at is lack of care, quality and communication. Holly is very quiet, Lauren is very quiet, CR is pretty quiet as well.

If it was actually run well, we wouldn't be in this spot. I just think they are in more of a load than they should be. And it shows imo. Devs are the rbunt of interaction nowadays, that probably shouldn't be the case

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Holly used to be very active with the cimmunity. That started changing when she hired McLemore, which was about the same time the started leaning hard into current business practices.

They know what they are doing, and a part of that is they throwing the devs to the wolves.

If I were a dev, I'd be pretty pissed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I know people always want to give the developers the benefit of the doubt, and I would like to as well, but they have been screen captured many times making highly inappropriate comments. It doesn't matter what is said to them, they have to rise above that and if they can't, then don't comment.

One of the biggest sticking points for me is that in April of 2017, the developers promised class balance with the next expansion. They waited until after pre-orders went on sale for POP and people were already in beta testing to announce that they were no longer going to address class balance and had decided not to a few months back.

Many people would not have purchased POP, myself included, if I thought for a minute we weren't going to get class balance. To me that is false advertising and the developers are responsible for that.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

And they only fessed up because -players- started pushing them hard about it during the beta test.

I notice they've been really quiet about the lack of tradeskill rewards for the "tradeskill" signature line, as well as about the backlash for the pony "upgrade" and the guild harvesters.

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

They should be accountable for the way they speak to customers, I hold them very much accountable for that.

Discord has only exaggerated their arrogance as far as I'm concerned. Outsiders, the ones banned for daring not to agree with the almighty devs see it as a boys club, the devs that participate see themselves as gods. I see it as a PR nightmare.

They need someone to pull them into line, or better still replace them with some young blood.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Ansom

Ansom Member

The problem with dbg/soe was and will alway be the manager/producer. Just see the H1Z1, or the classic Star Wars Galaxies. From over 1'000'000 player, to 10'000... Or EqN disaster, millions spent for nothing..

• Agree Agree x 5