1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

New Tradeskill Timeline Announcement

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Khendrask, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Over here...
    So, Feb 13. That means, well, zero testing... (Big Surprise).
    And, it looks like the poor TS'er has to enter and survive the CoV instanced zones...

Yah, not overly thrilled.

2. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

If it involves heroic instances, they might as well not have bothered. Also, since when is giving us the other half of an expansion considered a GU?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I am fascinated that they tagged it as a game update but it does look like they are going to put it on test for a little while.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I just wish I could feel excited but that moment has passed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Velious says hi.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. IakeFD

IakeFD Member

Haha, that was even worse, didn't we have 2 (3?) entire Velious expansions? But really GU content has always been "the rest of the expansion" whether it was billed that way or not, sometimes it's just more obvious. Even when they charged extra for it.

7. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

The original plan was for two Velious expansions. Then Georgeson decided that expansions could just be feature packs and the content could be released for free in Game Updates. That went smoothly.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  8. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I get what you are saying, but I don't remember 1/2 of an expansion (trade skills) ever being not including on the day an expansion was released. Then have that touted as a big game update. The game is 1/2 adventuring and 1/2 trade skills more or less. Am I forgetting some thing? It's possible as I am getting older lol :p.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Two Kunark expansions didn't exactly go smoothly with the EQ1 crowd either, though. :D (Talking about Empires of Kunark and Ring of Scale, the two most recent expansions).

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Quidam

Quidam New Member

Any MC Orange Adornments in this new TS Timeline?

11. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

From my discord email feed which I haven't worked out how to disable yet.

"
    [​IMG]

Niami DenMother

some orange adorn recipes, fun new pony trick BUT I neeed need need need sleep, no details from me tonight, sorry, loggin"

Seems the craftable orange adorns are ascension related.
    PoPTSLine

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  12. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

So seems the new TS quest reward is an Adv based item, some orange adorns that already exist, an upgraded pony that can harvest nodes as you run past them, and unlocking of harvesting writs...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Blah .........

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

so to a lot of crafters, totally useless.
    harvests nodes as you run past them? they really want to keep us in that boring as bats piss zone, don't they. who comes up with this crap.

but there's a mount right? .... with tradeskill stats?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Senya

Senya Member

After reading this I am so glad I decided to cancel a couple months ago. If I'd been hanging around (and paying) for this, I'd have been really upset.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I'm still shaking my head about the pony. I hope they change it, it's just another slap in the face to alts and god knows us crafters have lots of them.
    And if you have to run past nodes with the pony, mightn't you just as well harvest them yourself? Am I missing something? Who on earth would think that was a good idea?

Is there any word on the guild harvesters?

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

My 3 month sub runs out in March and I am not renewing it. I am moving on and not looking back. Under the current EQ2 team, I don't see any thing ever getting better. I feel sorry for crafters. With Domino gone, it didn't take long for the current team to screw up crafting just as they have adventuring. SMH :(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

The gather random bits as you run past a node with the pony out has to be among the stupidest ideas on how to keep the promise to 'upgrade' the ponies without giving any real benefit.
    The only reason to bother with the ponies any more is holiday harvests :(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

What the heck is a 'harvesting writ'?

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

If you land in ESO or Rift, drop me a a message here. I can see about putting together a refugee package!

For anyone, actually, since I've just thought of it today. :D

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1