1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

TIL: Items can be part of a Unique Equipment Group

Discussion in 'Items, Equipment, and Mechanics' started by Quidam, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Quidam

Quidam New Member

Meaning only one item in the group can be equipped at a time!
    See the post by Fyreflyte.

It explains why I couldn’t equip a charm with a Rune: Ascended Geomancer adornment at the same time than the Earring of the Terramancer.

I got the following message when I tried:
    “You may only equip 1 Ascended Geomancer at a time.”

Both have the Ascended Geomancer flag right after the Tier Tag. Which mean they are both part of the Ascended Geomancer Unique Equipment Group and only one of them can be equipped at a time.

The thing is, the adornment doesn’t have the LORE-EQUIP tag and the plan was to buy 2 of them to equip both my charms. But thanks to my wisdom, and being burned before :(, I bought only one to see if it stacks with my earring. Lucky me, I didn’t lose any currency on this…

And the LORE-EQUIP is not necessary on the earring the way I see it.

Anyway, be mindful of this before acquiring any new items!

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Caam

Caam Member

The LORE-EQUIP tag on the earring is helpful because it is HEIRLOOM. Therefore, you can have 2 alts that get the earring and you can't equip them both on one toon. Redundant to the equipment group but at least that part is more understandable.

I had not realized that the label was for an "Equipment Group". Good thing to know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Quidam

Quidam New Member

Actually no.
    The Unique Equipment Group flag would prevent this. That is why there is no point for me to buy 2 Rune: Ascended Geomancer even thought it doesn't have the LORE-EQUIP tag. The moment I try to equip a second charm with this adornment I'll get the error message...

4. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Unique Equipment Group is something that is really only exposed in Census data, but it's never really been explained how it works. Yet players are supposed to look at an item tagged with "LEGENDARY, Ascended Geomancer" and know what it means. Honestly when I first saw it, I thought it was just decorative text. Here's the data in Census:

HTML:
    <unique_equipment_group text="Ascended Geomancer" prestige="true" wearable_count="1"/>
    So you'd think a wearable_count of 1 means GREATER RELIC and 2 means RELIC, but this is not the case at all. I went round and round trying to figure out how to accurately handle it and gave up.

So apparently there are now FOUR ways to restrict how many of an item you can have equipped?
    • LORE or LORE-EQUIP -- one
    • GREATER RELIC -- one
    • RELIC -- one two
    • Unique Equipment Group -- depends
    Sorry, but with this many different ways to restrict items, it needs to be this clear for players:

You may only equip one Ascended Geomancer adornment.

#HomeworkQuest

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

I thought one could equip two Relics and one Greater Relic at the same time?

6. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

My mistake.

• Like Like x 1