1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

PoP done?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Inire, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

are people done with the expansion already? saw a post that seemed to indicate folks were looking for things to do already i.e. heroics already all completed and solos all done.

that's kinda sad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Yeah, I've seen a lot of folks that got through the adventure signature in less than a week that have already gotten 'heroic geared' and a few more that have gotten what raid stuff done that can be - I guess there are some wonky scripts or mechanics in some of the raids blocking progression?

All the quests done, all the gear got, in under a month. Yeah, it's not very promising. The only thing The Team has left to offer is the grind, and even with blocks put in place folks are chewing through it faster than they can produce it (even unfinished).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Inire

regular players doing this already right? not like... "boxer" types.

that's really sad. i remember MONTHS of PoP from eq1. Time alone took us almost 2 months.

4. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

No not boxers, not 'hard core' players. Just regular folks logging in and doing their thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

PoP isnt done. Only 13 raid bosses out of 49 has been downed.

In regards to everything else, yes its done and over with unless you want to farm adornment stuff or do the TS line when they add it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Inire

fwiw, i've seen raid bosses that weren't killed except by the top 3-4 guilds during the xpac. Frankly, pretty much every xpac was this way in my experience. I personally just wanted to know what the average players were doing. with heroic/solos/main line being complete already, and trade skillers getting the arsef*cking on this xpac i am curious how quick the numbers are dropping.

Also, I have heard from folks still raiding that there are artificial blocks/broken scripts on some of the progression raid mobs that are preventing progress, so... standard SOE/DBG shenanigans for blocking raid progress there. I don't have any faith in the devs to play fair when they want to extend the content.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

I may go back to doing KA zones to get infuser parts I can actually craft into something I can infuse my gear with. The PoP recipe to make them drops in heroics so it's not something I'll get due to my solo play style. Unless I unlock an orange adornment in the solo zones, nothing to spend the currency on either. Well, I guess there are a couple items to get.

My Tailor and Sage seem to be the only ones worth leveling (both at 110 now). I stopped working on my Jeweler after noticing the recipes in the advanced books weren't much better than what I got from PoP drops and such. Got tired of doing rush orders anyway.

Haven't done one of the PoP PQs yet. Suppose I should check one of those out.

8. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

My progress is that I've completed Destiny on one character, and working on it with another. I play on Test also, and my character there is halfway through unlocking the solos. No chance of ever doing a PQ on tnere, we often have only 12 people on the server total. So no chance of upgrades to wrists, but I can probably upgrade my mount.

I've turned my attention to crafting and that won't be "done" for months at this rate. I could use some more gear upgrades for both Toon 1 and 2 on live form Heroics. I'm not much for running zone after zone for 6 hours. I tend to do a few and log out for the day. I'm way too sick to commit to a raid schedule, so technically I'll never be "done."

• Like Like x 2
  9. Inire

Semperfidelis,

I love your feedback, thank you. In my opinion, your play style tends to be more laid back, and relaxed than some other folks, so it is good to hear that you are getting along. Sorry that you are sick, that is misery.

It does, however, concern me just a bit that you, as a long term, laid back type of player has completed a bunch of stuff that solo players should be getting done with ~5 months in or so, assuming normal levels of content.

Perhaps my question to you is, do you think that you will complete your goals in game as the content is NOW, given good enough health, prior to the next expansion coming out? I know that you value your time on Trade skills, and that area seems to have been hit fairly badly, and that you also have a different play style for folks who tend to rush to the end game.

If you feel that you are going to be able to complete the goals from this expansion, prior to the next expansion, discounting things added in the future, do you feel that you are getting the same value/dollar that you previously obtained from your subscription and expansion purchase with the game EverQuest 2?

Thanks

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  10. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

Well about the "within 5 months" for solo players question... I did do one of the factions on Beta, but I experienced a lot of vertigo at that time, so I stayed out of the game for multiple days a week at that point. So that faction I could click through the conversation, and I think it sped me up on live. Once I did the first Destiny achievment, I didn't feel the need to do more than click correctly on the conversation bubbles on the other two alts. Some parts of the story I wanted to reread, and that will continue as I go through the other alts. This is what I've become accustomed to doing.

When AoM came out, it was imperative that all crafters get through that questline. I had several 92 level characters in semi-crafter state by then. Most of them were leveled to 100 or nearly 100 at that point. That was the point at which I said to myself, that it's easier to keep everyone at max than it is to have a variety of levels for multiple characters. It simplifies inventory, and gear concerns and everything. AoM was the expansion after my raiding period. So I guess by then I was used to grinding out content that was a prerequisite for other things.

I think you're right that people have different "goals" with an expansion. I'd like to get everyone through at least the signature quest if not Destiny, and get them all started on their Epic 2. Except my alchemist, I'm in no hurry with her, I'm afraid there will be a feeling of let down if my last alt gets to 110. But I'm glad that level 100 lasted long enough to have lots of content to play with. I certainly want to be able to level all my crafters to 110, the sooner the better (because if I want to be able to buy materials so I can do the next crafter, I'll need to sell valuable items).

My current plan for the crafters is regular harvesting, but mainly it's... ok, I finished one. I made a few MC and many more HC items. The profits from that will be used for crafter 2, make items to sell, use profits for crafter 3, etc... I have no idea how I will be able to do that on Test. I only need to do one crafter, but it will be a very long time before I can gather even 1500 mats there, to say nothing of nearly 8000. Plus she has used a bauble. She'll need to do the previous quests to get her buffs and bonuses.

At some point in this expansion I want to become bored enough to actually create a fancy home that I can show off. The housing is such a win in EQ2, I've never seen better.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

I'm done.
    I don't raid.
    I don't have enough folk left playing for heroics.
    So, it's just grind solos.
    /yawn.
    Been going back and doing old content. PoP is dead.

12. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

Probably true for most people. I do a lot of old content to thaw my brain after grindy bits in the endgame. I put most of the drops up for sale. Sold 2k plat's worth of old content drops at average 5 plat each in the past two weeks on ONE alt. You're not alone.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Caam

Caam Member

Fixed that for you. You're welcome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Inire

hey! you're salty about this, which means you might disagree. do you have anything that you think is worth doing right now in the expansion? seriously started this looking to find those folks like you who are still playing and enjoying.

15. Caam

Caam Member

I am always amazed by how many people these days take such a short-sighted view on things. "If it's this way for me, it must be this way for everyone."

I know a lot of people (guildmates and friends) who are still enjoying the new content either because they didn't blow through it or they know that there are rewards for persistence. I don't just play because of the game, I play because of the folks I know. And if some of them decide to move on, I find more folks to play along with. If someone chooses not to do that, that in no way means "PoP is dead."

16. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

It's not "Blowing through content".
    It is that the content is so limited, it was done quickly. And I'm casual, I don't raid, I don't do the heroics, even if I did, what of it? Same Thing Over And Over Every Day. That isn't fun, that is a job.

17. Inire

Awesome, you are a great customer for Daybreak, and I am happy that you are happy. I do hope that the game continues, obviously I have strong opinions about it still, and I haven't played in almost a year.

It is good to hear that there are some people who are still enjoying and playing it. That was in some ways the exact point of the post, to find people who ARE having fun with the expansion, and have them chime in here, on boards which are sometimes seen to be completely antagonistic towards the game.

Thanks for your input Caam.

18. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

All solo's done. Sig line done. All of that was super easy to get 110/15 in ascensions, etc. Still a huge uncanny valley to heroics imo. With full MC gear I don't qualify for Heroics in Resolve etc. (for groups )

So I'm done. Subs Canceled. Just puttering around when I get bored with the xbox.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

resolve for T1 heroics is 378, resolve for t2 is 471
    MC is more then enough to meet resolve. It will leave you a bit light on potency though, if you're all MC.

20. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

MC leaves your hit points extremely low, as well.

• Agree Agree x 1