1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Field Report - PoP

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Nolus, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Occam

Occam New Member

We're not in disagreement, but there's a difference between educating new players about some of the shortcomings of the game, and scaring them off by bitching about why the game sucks ass and should be sunsetted.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Fair enough.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Widem

Widem New Member

The game would be fine if the devs understood math.

Their process is:

A*C^6-8/E+14*6/B

hmm this does too much damage :rolleyes:

(A*C^6-8/E+14*6/B)*.85

nailed it till next gear cycle.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Nolus

Nolus Member

Finished the quest line and one faction, access to all the zones. However tried a PQ and a duo zone and was going to try another, it appears a few are broke and not possible to finish at the moment. :eek:

Not really looking forward to finishing the other two factions, I think they put a lot to block the orange adorns and some other things. Looks really grindy.

5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Ohhh, but there is more to block the orange adorns.. You can only buy orange adorns that you have already looted.

6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Ahhh, I see what they did - maybe.

We sniffed out that DBG was going to build in more cash shop pressure by requiring stepwise spell progressions similar to ascensions.

They did an about face on that, but, returned to the more familiar tactic if making these drops highly rare.

Don't know if that's really the case, kind if looks that way, though.

Be interesting to observe comments about how spell levels perform on heroic zones.

7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The claws are coming out in the official trade skillers section.

Appears the inclusion of fish in sage recipes has provoked the creation of pro-fish and anti-fish camps.

Stuff like that and the guy who posted a rant about f2p asking him to post things in chat for them are the reason I still check in.

Top notch entertainment :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

There is probably actually a link to fish in a lot of historical inks. soo.....

9. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I am sorry, but I can't believe what they have done to this game. It's like every one involved from the top down is dead from the neck up. SMH. :confused::rolleyes::mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, in truth, the game has been horribly mismanaged from day 1.

It's just that they had great player numbers in the beginning and SOE to dump money into it.

The player attrition really started to kick in around DOV and has accelerated ever since.

They had some really talented development staff, and still do really. BUT, they also had, and still have a culture that is aloof with respect to their customers and decisions that just don't make a lot if sense.

All CN did is see all this stuff and turn off the money dumps.

Now, we still see the decisions without the big budget to mitigate them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

When they jacked all of the stats up with DOV, they basically made all the content prior to that irrelevant and not worth doing. I never understood why they did that, unless sales were down and they were trying to herd every one to the newest expansion. As far as the present is concerned, if they would stop wasting time on these quick cash grab/specialty servers and put all of that wasted time into making a great expansion, I really think more people would come back and/or stay, hell we might even get a few new players. Also, if they are going to continue to offer us tiny expansions, at least reduce the price on them and/or lower the monthly sub. At least then we wouldn't feel like we are getting the shaft six ways from Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

I'm getting an Xbox for Christmas so I'm going to try some of that after seeing the resolve reqs. etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

The claim/excuse given, at the time, was to prevent raiders from having a 'leg up' over non-raiders at the start of the expac.. they wanted an 'equal playing field' and a 'gear reset'.
    From there they seemed to go from 'if a little isn't too bad' x10 more must be great!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  14. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

The high population is probably attributed to harvesting bots. Maybe that was their plan all along.
    Actually I'm surprised they didn't make harvesting a sub only perk. That would teach them there pesky crafters!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 3
  15. Nolus

Nolus Member

Hit 110 SK/Alchy, it wasn't horrible. I think the solo zones are only worth doing for the daily. I've heard orange adorns can drop, but I assume that is pretty rare. I think the balance of mission coin vs cost of items is off a lot. Takes way too many runs to buy an item.

Took them a week to fix some duos and a broken PQ. Advanced tradeskill 101-105 drops really need to be increased.

I've harvested quite a bit an have gotten 5 planar energy, the new ascensions take 200 per. Ouch, no way. Recipe books are 3 time use then poof. Really they need some serious reworking on tradekills on top of make a tradeskill timeline.

Haven't even touched heroics yet. Waiting for guild to catch up.

PQ's are okay, no mercs which really sucks in PoD when you can't get in a group.

And PQ's have merc gear rewards bleh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Seems the adorns are a real mess in Pop due to the mess with tradeskills. Are there meant to be new green adorns as well from dungeons ?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  17. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I doubt the 'mess' with adornments has anything to do with the lack of a TS timeline.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

I was hoping that many (okay, most) members in my guild that dropped out after KA would come back with PoP.
    Sadly, I was the one to tell them not to bother. There is no reason to spend money on so very little.
    Just like KA, complete the (very short) sig line, than what? run instance after instance after instance? How is that worth while?

RoK, DoV, AoM... Those were expansions, with content, and not simple boring grind leading only to less than a handful of repeatable instances. ToT was far better than KA for content, which was far better than PoP is.

Seriously, this should not have been an expansion, it should have been a quest pack for 500 coins on the store.

For the next expansion, I'm sure they are going to have one, square room, with one npc offering a repeatable faction quest that you have to do 1000 times, before being allowed into the single instance that you will get to grind over and over till your eyes bleed.

I really think DBG is done with EQ2, and just wants it to die.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

After the Columbus Nova purchase and layoffs, the EQ2 team had just enough people to do an expansion every year and a small spring update. That's it. They do not have the staff to do that AND a level cap raise.

Fastidious management of player power growth and in-game economy would have negated the need for a level cap raise. But instead they handed out nuclear weapons. Player power is growing fourtyfold every year, so a level cap raise was absolutely essential. It was getting silly to have raid content in the Billions of hitpoints and raid content in the Trillions of HP at the same level.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

The team has lost even more since the initial layoff, as well, and it shows.

The expansion was nowhere near beta ready when it went up for 'testing' and not all of the content was able to be tested in the insufficient time alloted for it. What was tested wasn't tested adequately (not for lack of trying on the testers part) due largely to year two of pay up front to test an expansion you know almost nothing about (I mean, that worked out so well for KA, why not do it again!).

Measures that folks thought were just to make testing possible - the addition of a single writ to grind for tradeskills from 101-110 - wound up being the only real tradeskill 'content' added at all. (No, I don't consider PvE achievements that require a single combine each to be tradeskill achievements).

With the overwhelmingly disappointed to downright negative reception this expansion has gotten, I can't imagine the game is going to get the resources it needs to get back into shape. It would be a terrible investment, the damage is done.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1