1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

NotD: Looks like the bat mount is intended to be super rare

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Shmogre, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Lots of people are sad/frustrated at the change to the bat mount you could get from throwing pumpkins, and some have been bringing it up on the DBforums and Discord. Saw this in General a bit ago:

[​IMG]

The sad thing is that most folks just want the mount, they don't care about the stats. :(

(Background: When it was first introduced on Test, it had slightly-better-than-middle stats and was granted at around an average of 50 throws or so. During this time, it was also activated on Live; folks who had pumpkins saved from last year were able to get the mount.

Then the mount was changed to have raid stats and a different name, and the prior mount was removed. It also had its rarity increased...there are people who have thrown literally thousands of pumpkins with no luck. So the folks that got in early before NotD even started were able to get a mount that is no longer available, and the replacement mount is apparently extremely rare.)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Found the conversation on Discord (from 07 October):
    [​IMG]

The ?good? news is that Kander says they will look at putting the lower-stat mount on the merchant, and possibly have a plushie version of the bat before end of the event this year.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

They should never of changed it in the first place.
    I'll bet a million Ancient Urns it was Kanders idea to swap out the mounts in the first place. I really hate his 'like it or piss off' attitude.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

I'll admit I was/am confused by the change. The holiday events should be fun and fluffy, a chance to take a break from the rest of the Norrathian world for a bit, so adding gear with raid-level stats to a fun holiday thing doesn't make sense. It manages to push a lot of player buttons: the folks who are tired of a mindless grind (any grind), people who are tired of blatant time sinks, people who don't think higher-end gear should be available through pure RNG, people who want fluff rewards to collect or decorate with, and so on.

This was a very odd choice. Add in the fact that the lower-stat mount was available *on Live servers* for a short while (to people who had saved up pumpkins from last year), and it really just added to the frustration.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

I had two of my toons (different accounts) throw a few pumpkins at each other a couple of weeks ago and they both got the original mount - one of them got two and it's no-trade. <rolling my eyes> Seems to me that some of the devs are seriously losing touch with the fun aspect of the game. Both the Tinkerfest PQ and the Panda quests were steps in the right direction, and now this?! It's a GAME. devs!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Got to grind grind grind grind grind. Don't like it, don't play it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

Watch one of my alts get the silly thing..

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I've stopped throwing them on my alts for this reason. They should of at least made it heirloom.

I've got to the stage where I've thrown so many I just can't stop, surely it has to drop soon ... right ...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

Well, my alts have made the Pumpkin Pulper yet; although, that's from picking them up. But, it's rude to just pick them up and not toss them out for other as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Not really. The few of us left throwing pumpkins in NQ welcome people to pick them up, they're only going to rot on the ground.
    I think most people have the achievement for picking them up already, at least at the hours I play.

Can someone ask in forums or discord, or wherever it is that they read stuff, to make the STUPID urns stack?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

distressing isn't it? to have to wonder what the official outlet is to get attention from a developer?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Leaked EQ2 Design Specs:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
  13. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

The thing about this that bothers me the most is the "Spirit of Giving" message you get with each throw.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

Lies! There is no pellet! (JK)

15. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I've given up on this. Maybe if the urns stacked, or you didn't get one nearly every throw, I'd keep going.
    So no bat mount for me.

How much does it suck though that most/all? other holiday events, there has been a flyer available from the merchant?
    Who's moronic idea was it to have two land mounts for NOTD? Or is that also due to having a bat mount on the MP?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Inire

Gear Up, Level Up Week 4: Double Loot and Status on Live Servers, and Double Status on Progression Servers!

[​IMG]

Just in case you didn't think that "Grind Grind Grind" was the internal driver.

This is LITERALLY from their ADVERTISEMENT about the game and expansion.

"Keep on Grinding, Norrathians"

will go right next to

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

in my list of things to look at when I feel even the slightest urges to play again.

edited: words, spelled wrong, repaired.

17. Nommi

Nommi Member

I know this event is over...but wanted to call the bat mount and pumpkin tossing an EPIC fail! I threw over 10,000 pumpkins and nothing but urns and cookies. I get the rareness - but seriously....anyone willing to put in the "hours" necessary to throw 10, 20, 30K pumpkins or more deserved this mount mount. /rant off

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Inire

automation is your friend when this is the accepted way for the game to go.

just saying.