1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

You have been banned for the following reason:

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Wurm, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

You have been banned for the following reason: Exceeded the number of acceptable forum guideline violations. If you wish to appeal this ban, please contact a member of the Daybreak Games Community team. Your ban will be lifted on Oct 15, 2017.

I'd seriously like to know W.T.F. I said now. Assholes.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  2. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

lol it was probably telling siggy to jump off the Qeynos Mage Tower. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I was banned from the forums shortly before I shut down the EQ2Wire news site. One of the many contributing factors.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

That one made me laugh, though!

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

How did you even find out why you were banned? I created another forum account to ask, and instead of telling me they just banned that one as well and blocked my IP address.

Why do I feel like they will be happier when the forums are dead? Shouldn't be long now anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Lock It! Lock It! x 1
  6. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

I'm guessing it was for making the pumpkin thread, I'm quite sure I was being too "negative" by saying it was stupid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Negative feedback when it's justified, and it is, is better than no feedback at all. When people stop offering their feedback on EQ2 then it's time for them to worry because it means people have lost interest.

I don't get why you'd be banned. You're never rude on forums.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

This did make my day when I saw it on forums. Worth the ban.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I keep waiting for them to use an excuse like that to ban me for stuff I'm saying here.

Funny thing was, back in the day when eq2 flames was popular, the devs spent more time reading that forum than the official one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

The people posting on the forums have no impact on the success or failure of the game.

The people managing and developing the game are responsible for that.

Those same folks should look in the mirror if they want to find someone to blame, instead of taking it out on the forum posters.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

Wait which forum guideline violations were "acceptable"? Inquiring minds want to know. o_O

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

It was telling Siggy to jump. That post has been removed.

Siggy if you read this, thanks for getting me banned, rest assured that you had better be on your best behavior from now on at the official forums. Because once I'm back, every-time you are snarky, mean-spirited or condescending to someone else in your posts (a trend most of us have noticed lately) I'm going to report it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Meh. Totally worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

And please don't get her banned. The nonsense advice she spits out is the best entertainment on the forums.

Top notch lols.

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Her advice is just fine, her tone at times is not. And I have nothing against her bad advice (as long as someone chimes in to correct her) but I certainly do have something against how she sometimes treats other posters. And I'm no longer willing to let it slide.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Feldon

Her advice is all over the place.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I had to consider how I wanted to reply to this, because I think it's important. I also don't want to come off as abrupt or antagonistic.

I see her post a lot in player support as well as the general forums, while sometimes her advice is standard stuff and helpful, very nearly all of the time she blames the consumer for well known (and documented) problems with the product, often in a condescending tone - which turns dismissive when she's challenged.

The way she deals with other players does far more damage than her hit and miss advice. She isn't the only one that does it, but she's one of the most active. As the game continues to shrink, I think it's more important than ever for those that have ditched the rose colored glasses to speak up about actuality.

Even stubborn 'trolls' like me! ;)

Be firm, be polite. Best of luck!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Feldon

Fantastic reply and exactly what I find disconcerting about much of Sigradrifa's advice.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

A condescending pain in the ass. Yep, that sums it up. #just sayin'

20. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Yep, and my "her advice is just fine" was directly in response to Fuli, and not a comment on its quality.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017